• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grande Vista: Will the staff move our stuff when going to a different villa?

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Hey all,
We have a reservation at Grande Vista in November. It's a points reservation. The only way I could get the days I wanted was to book a studio for the first night, then a 2BR for the other 4 nights. We plan to be at the parks from early to late. Does anyone know if the staff will move our stuff from the studio to the 2BR on that transition day? Or, will we have to drop off our stuff at the front desk when we leave in the morning and pick it up when we check into the 2BR later that night? Thanks.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Hey all,
We have a reservation at Grande Vista in November. It's a points reservation. The only way I could get the days I wanted was to book a studio for the first night, then a 2BR for the other 4 nights. We plan to be at the parks from early to late. Does anyone know if the staff will move our stuff from the studio to the 2BR on that transition day? Or, will we have to drop off our stuff at the front desk when we leave in the morning and pick it up when we check into the 2BR later that night? Thanks.
Check out is at 10am and check in is at 4. Depending on room availability, it's highly unlikely you could move directly from one room to another. I don't think they will come get your bags (or drop them off) when you are not there, so will probably have to call bellman in the morning to store your bags in the interim.

griffer1278

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
I would call the resort explaining the situation to get an answer to this question.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suggest you check daily to see if a 2BR becomes available. Then you can stay in the same unit.

aklausing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MCP, MGO, Destination Points
I do not have experience at Grande Vista, however, we have had multiple trips to Barony and Canyon Villas where we had one night in a temporary room and then the remaining nights in another. For both resorts we called the pre-arrival desk and asked if we would be able to stay in the temporary villa until our next one was available. They indicated they would try to meet our request and we have been allowed to stay in the villa until our new one was ready. They did ask that we have everything packed up so that we were ready to move as soon as possible when the villa became available. They also said that if they couldn't get us in to the new room before they needed to start cleaning our first one, they would move our bags from the first villa to the next as well as our items in the refrigerator. All they asked was that we had everything packed and together for movement.

So, I would call the resort and ask. They try as best they can in these situations to make your transition as easy as possible.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
They will let you move into your new 2BR villa the morning that you leave the studio or they will store it for you. November isn't very busy at GV. Chances are very high that a 2BR will be available. I would even be so bold as to ask them if you can have it on the first night to avoid the hassle of moving. I would not be floored if they say yes.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Grandvista - I had a one night in a studio and then an exchange in a 2BR for 7 nights. Upon check-in for the one night I asked about what could be done to accommodate the move. My exchange was into a lock-off unit. They adjusted the exchange to include the studio. So, I was able to keep everything in the studio and when the 1 BR portion was ready they just unlocked the connecting door. I did have to go to the front desk for new set of keycards. It was easy.

At Ocean Club once I had to move from a 2BR to a 1BR for the last night. The told me they would move everything. They even told me to keep clothes on hangers and food in fridge.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
I have done this at Grande Vista a couple of times. Once we were moving from a week in a 3BR to a week in a 2BR. We did not ask, but they offered to let us stay in the locked-off portion of the 3BR for our 2nd week (we refused because we wanted a studio with balcony for the 2nd bedroom that second week). In that case, they let us stay in the 3BR until our 2BR was ready. I recall they HELPED us move, since we were going to a different building. I.e.) they put our luggage into a cart and drove it (and me) to the 2nd building. I think they even unloaded our stuff for us - I was there, it's not like we were all gone, but they guys were golfing so it was just me and a MGV employee and we both moved the stuff.

The 2nd time we booked one night in a studio before our 7-night stay in a 2BR. Again, I did not request that we stay in the same villa - I really didn't even want to, but upon check-in they said they would assign us a studio that first night that would become part of our 2BR for the following week. We accepted but asked that they change the bathroom towels and the sheets on the bed in the studio after that first night since me and DH were moving into the master and our guests would be occupying the studio. MGV said they would, but would charge me. We raised hell (several times) until they finally cleaned the studio without charge. It was a big hassle. (Something to keep in mind.)

Both times we were in Platinum season in February/March, so it should be very doable in November.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Thanks all. It sounds like they may assist, but I will surely talk to them when we get closer. I've been looking daily to see if I can get the first night to also be in the 2BR, but it hasn't become available. This is for Thanksgiving week, so availability has not been as simple as other November weeks likely are.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I wouldn't count on them or even trust someone to move my stuff for me while I wasn't there. You can certainly make a request to have the studio side be part of the 2BR that you will ultimately move in to. This would only require you to get rekeyed after the 1BR a side is cleaned. They did this for us at Ko'Olina. We had a seven night II exchange in to a 2BR and a studio unit for the night before the exchange. They put us in the studio side that first night and the next day I just had to visit the front desk to get new keys and we just opened the lock off door between the two rooms after we got in to the 1BR.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. It sounds like they may assist, but I will surely talk to them when we get closer. I've been looking daily to see if I can get the first night to also be in the 2BR, but it hasn't become available. This is for Thanksgiving week, so availability has not been as simple as other November weeks likely are.
I'd just pack for the one night and put the things in the car if you can't get the reservation such that you don't have to move. I wouldn't count on them to move it. Personally I've had to move units, even resorts, a number of times and never had an issue. All of our applicable times have been either in Aruba or Hilton Head and in all cases it was policy to allow one to keep the previous room until the new one was available. Aruba even had a printed instruction sheet that told what to do, leave packed bags by the door and they'd move them was the important information. But we've always had other options and I'm not comfortable relying on they to do so thus I've never allowed them to move the bags. So I'd call and speak to a manager so you at least know your options.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I always travel with my "necessary" bag. That bag contains anything needed for one overnight stay. My other bags contain everything else for a longer stay.

This also works out very well when traveling somewhere distant by car.

Set up and use a necessary bag.