• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

It never hurts to ask

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
A plumber installed a shower for me this summer. It leaked soon after. He said, "There is no way it is coming from the tubing." He thought people were splashing over the top, or it needed more caulk, which he put on.
The leak continued, but the plumber had moved away. I called another company for the repair. Immediately they knew it WAS the tubing. They had to cut a hole in the wall to access it. Sure enough, a nail had pierced the tube when the first guy, also a contractor, put up the wall for this mini bathroom.
I paid the bill, but also sent it to the first guy asking for reimbursement. I had no expectation, but he paid it immediately via Zelle! I am a happy camper.

wackymother

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow! I am amazed. I mean, really amazed. My contractors usually evaporate like water the second I pay them, sometimes before!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I paid the bill, but also sent it to the first guy asking for reimbursement. I had no expectation, but he paid it immediately via Zelle! I am a happy camper.

Very nice!

Dave

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
At last, a positive contractor story.
Meanwhile, at the 6-month mark, we're still on hold with the kitchen.

The guy the GC hired to finish the cabinets has a "real" job: State Forester.
He shows up in his forestry truck and says he's "on call" for forest fires.
IOW, no work on-site until 10/28. <so it goes>

Beachclubmum

Reaction score

I hate to "like" you post, but OMG!!!!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just great Patri. But Talent 312 that is terrible

geekette

Reaction score
I have had horrendous luck with plumbers. Last one told me I had to take an entire wall out to solve a leak. Yeah, I don't think so. I know where the leak is, there is no mystery. There is no reason to take down an entire wall...

he also wanted me to tear up entire deck to get to outdoor spigot. Not necessary, removing a few planks will do it. So he wanted me to get that done, then call for an appointment. Right, me and my aged dog would be just fine with a big hole coming out of the house for however many days it would take for appointment to roll around... The other outdoor spigot he said entire pipe should be replaced but that is also not necessary, there are no leaks else I would see them on basement ceiling, which I am not going to tear out. This guy must have been in demo before he was a plumber since he seemed to think house should always be chopped away to make plumbing easier for him to access.

I am glad that you did find a good plumber and that bad one owned up to his mistake.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I had the same experience with Chevrolet dealership in Little Rock AR over 20 years ago.

We were passing through and had car trouble. They fit us in as a top priority, but during the repair the technician pinched a wire when they replaced a starter. We broke down just short of Texarkana and need to replace the battery and the other parts. The cost was ~$250.

Since we were not local, I did not hold a lot of hope, but I wrote a polite letter with all the documentation and lo and behold two weeks later there was a check in the mail to cover the cost. If I lived in Little Rock, they would have been my dealer for life.

The rest of the story is that van kept chewing up alternators for years until we finally took it to a dealership. They said you need a new alternator, I said "Just wait". It chewed through two of their alternators before they determined that the starter was the issue. Apparently, that short damaged the starter and made it the terminator of alternators.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Persistence can often pay off.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

Holy crap! This is so ridiculous! I would be going berserk by now if I were you!

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)

I would be all over the the GC.