• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

See the Sea at San Diego

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any recent info on this resort.
Reviews of resort are pretty bad although the location is great.

I made an exchange with II for Unit 24 next June
Also did e-plus so I should have an escape if needed

Wondering if this unit has an ocean view and if the units now have AC

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Anyone have any recent info on this resort.
Reviews of resort are pretty bad although the location is great.

I made an exchange with II for Unit 24 next June
Also did e-plus so I should have an escape if needed

Wondering if this unit has an ocean view and if the units now have AC
Perhaps you saw this? https://www.seetheseacondos.com/
Also tripadvisor reviews seemed pretty good: https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUse...do_on_the_Boardwalk-San_Diego_California.html

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Looks kind of like a "jump ball". In June, we have a weather condition that we call "June Gloom". It is a marine layer that masks the sun for the morning and afternoon along the coast. Sometimes it clears up between 11 am and 1 or 2 pm, but sometimes it is socked in all day. That tends to make the temps a bit cooler. Also in the evening it will cool down. I noticed the more recent Tug review complaining about lack of AC was related to a stay in August. That is probably the warmest month of the year on the coast. But to get a better grasp on temps in June, do some Google searches.

Ocean beach is know to be a younger party area of San Diego with a bunch of restaurants and bars. But that makes sense since it is right on the ocean.

Perhaps something will open up for your ePlus. Sometimes I see one pop up in Solana Beach and there is one that occasionally pops up in Oceanside. But there isn't a lot of inventory on the beach. If you find Marriott Newport Coast, it will be a nice upgrade (all 2 BR units) but - - while you may be able to see the ocean - - you are about 1/2 mile away. There are also timeshares in Escondido and Ramona, but they are inland and a bit isolated.

Good luck. Write a review when you return.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
From location alone, I'd be inclined to keep it, even though June isn't the best beach weather. But you won't need AC! It's actually located in north Pacific Beach (PB) and right on the beach. You are close to La Jolla to the north - a bit quieter than PB (which is bustling) if you need a break. I haven't stayed in PB in years but it's a busy, touristy/young crowd. But right on the beach, so there is plenty to do.

Btw, I checked out the TUG reviews. The one that had the most complaints was someone who stayed there at the end of August. It was almost certainly hot. June won't be hot. They also complained about noise outside. The complex isn't on resort grounds, it's down at the beach, so there will be people out and about. I personally like a lot of quiet so I understand the concern, but it's really just people having fun. I doubt that it will be anywhere near as busy in June as it is in August. August is prime time, and a lot of the college kids start school in August so they are really partying in that August/Sept timeframe.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Great location just north of the pier, lots of bars and restaurants in the area. Popular area for night life, frequented by locals, surfers, and touristas.

Very nice beach right outside your unit with a beachwalk extending south connecting with Mission Bay, all kinds of watersports on the bay, I used to rent catamarans and sail there. I lived in PB right off I5, would ride my bike around Mission Bay and up beach boardwalk to Tourmaline Surf park, just north of StS. Boardwalk used by bikes, joggers and skaters.

I’ve never seen the units but this place is location, location, location, I’d take it in a second. Take your sticks if you play golf, nice par 3 pitch and putt on Mission Bay as a warm up to play Torrey Pines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there about 3 years ago. I think there are only 4 timeshare units. 2 Have ocean view and 2 do not. We had an ocean view but do not remember the unit number. No air conditioning but in June you should not need it. We were there in September and it was very hot. Units are pretty large. I would rate as a B-. Great location. There is another timeshare a few blocks away Capri by the Sea with much nicer rooms.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was told by another tugger that unit 24 does not have a water (or even a good ) view
Restaurants would be nice-- bars and nightlife may have been of interest at one point but that point has come and gone
Location and size are definite pluses
Long and short of it I will check with e-plus and if I find better I will switch
Thanks for the info

JulieAB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lifetime in Hawaii, Disney's Grand Californian
I own MROP, which has the 4 units at See the Sea. I stayed there last year, and I think I was the one that reviewed it in August on TUG. As far as I know, there's still no a/c (no association notice was made and the units appeared somewhat recently updated anyway). 3 units are the top 4th floor with ocean view (66, 67, and 68, I believe). 24 is the one on the side of the building next to all the bars on garnet ave. We were in one of the 4th floor units and it was LOUD between the garbage trucks in the second bedroom and the boardwalk chatter from the master bedroom. We had to keep windows open due to the heat. The convenience of pacific beach right outside our door was awesome, but I wouldn't do unit 24 unless you're good with earplugs and can sleep through lots of noise. I currently have a July top floor unit booked that I'm trying to decide if I want to use or what. My husband says he won't go if it has no a/c though.

5finny

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I would use the unit if it was Ocean Front
It is not so I will be actively trying to find something else

Even when I had a higher opinion of bars being on the outside looking in was never attractive

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Garbage trucks in the second bedroom- yikes!!