• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Today’s owner update

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s what they told me, too. That I needed to wyndham-Ize the account. I don’t care what they say. The bills etc say dear OWNER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Until your account has been wndham-ized you will never be able to walk tall and use all the member benefits. Only solution to correct this is buy from Wyndham to make your ownership complete with all the Privilege's.

Herbaltees

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fantasea @ Atlantic Palace
Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Skyline & Glacier Canyon
Club Wyndham Access
Until your account has been wndham-ized you will never be able to walk tall and use all the member benefits. Only solution to correct this is buy from Wyndham to make your ownership complete with all the Privilege's.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing the sales weasels are interested in Wyndhamizing is your bank account!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only thing the sales weasels are interested in Wyndhamizing is your bank account!
From your bank account to theirs. Sounds like your not buying into the privilege's and status that go with purchasing from Wyndham?

JudiZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'll just slither in as a second-class owner and keep the thousands of dollars in my own bank account. I went to one Wyndham "update" years ago before I was an owner and literally (I mean physically) became ill. Not a diversion I would recommend to anyone but it was horribly effective. It had nothing to do with the presentation, just perfect...ahem...bad timing.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think I'll just slither in as a second-class owner and keep the thousands of dollars in my own bank account. I went to one Wyndham "update" years ago before I was an owner and literally (I mean physically) became ill. Not a diversion I would recommend to anyone but it was horribly effective. It had nothing to do with the presentation, just perfect...ahem...bad timing.
I agree but I will not condone anyone if they want to go all in on becoming a VIP and it works for them?

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I agree but I will not condone anyone if they want to go all in on becoming a VIP and it works for them?

Maybe "criticize" instead of "condone?"

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tom4FL

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Access
My husband and I attended an owner update today. They were originally only offering to all the owners a 400k package at the developers rate of $191 per thousand and you were given until 12/31 to accept or decline. As my husband and I already own over 800k of resale we immediately told them we were not interested. And so it began...

The sales pitch...
In the future there will no longer be availability for Wyndham select owners because most of the owners and inventory is earmarked for CWA. So if I don’t buy CWA, I won’t be able to see or book inventory at resorts ( including home resorts).

Anyone like us who own fixed weeks will not be guaranteed our room because VIP reservations will take priority.

Finally check in times will be delayed and we should not expect to get in a room until closer to 7 pm because our status does not say VIP.

The sales department offered to rectify our troubles for the small charge of $26k. They would take my Hilton Marco island resort for a PIC (154k Wyndham points), convert a fixed week and let us buy 134k CWA points. We would have VIP silver. But we needed to decide now.

My answer... NO!

Great answer, they probably didn’t tell you the whole story! You can only use your PIC for five calendar years ( probably/usually means only three PICs based on month you upgrade (first year too late or used) and the month you get credit for you PIC in PIC system (last year)). Also PIC points will no longer apply to VIP (Privileges) status in 2020 and new reservation will only show you availability for directly purchases WYNDHAM Points, therefore like me you will have plenty of points but not be shown all inventory. The new base for seeing inventory for 1br is 166k points per year - not your available points but your directly purchased annual awarded points. The new Wyndham Destinations programs are designed to reduce/avoid any use of PIC or resale points by limiting access to inventory based on directly purchase points. Will happily take your points back to sell again after you have paid for in full.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great answer, they probably didn’t tell you the whole story! You can only use your PIC for five calendar years ( probably/usually means only three PICs based on month you upgrade (first year too late or used) and the month you get credit for you PIC in PIC system (last year)). Also PIC points will no longer apply to VIP (Privileges) status in 2020 and new reservation will only show you availability for directly purchases WYNDHAM Points, therefore like me you will have plenty of points but not be shown all inventory. The new base for seeing inventory for 1br is 166k points per year - not your available points but your directly purchased annual awarded points. The new Wyndham Destinations programs are designed to reduce/avoid any use of PIC or resale points by limiting access to inventory based on directly purchase points. Will happily take your points back to sell again after you have paid for in full.

You must have gone to a sales presentation recently. This sounds like lots and lots and lots of sales lies were fed to you. Take all of this with a bucket full of salt. They were lying to you to sell you something like always.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)

This is all BS from sales. I have it direct from the SVP of Sales/Marketing and two regional directors that PIC stays intact with Privileges - this conversation has had and decided months ago that PIC stays intact with Privileges. PIC Plus is permanent as well, only PIC Express is limited to five years. The concept that you won't see availability with resale points, or PIC points, or anything else is also BS and a common lie from sales. There's no priority and within the standard 10 month booking window, everyone sees the same inventory within CWP (exceptions are only for PR and MVC inventory).

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
That’s what they told me, too. That I needed to wyndham-Ize the account. I don’t care what they say. The bills etc say dear OWNER!
emoji1787.png
emoji1787.png

My husband and I attended an owner update today. They were originally only offering to all the owners a 400k package at the developers rate of $191 per thousand and you were given until 12/31 to accept or decline. As my husband and I already own over 800k of resale we immediately told them we were not interested. And so it began...

The sales pitch...
In the future there will no longer be availability for Wyndham select owners because most of the owners and inventory is earmarked for CWA. So if I don’t buy CWA, I won’t be able to see or book inventory at resorts ( including home resorts).

Anyone like us who own fixed weeks will not be guaranteed our room because VIP reservations will take priority.

Finally check in times will be delayed and we should not expect to get in a room until closer to 7 pm because our status does not say VIP.

The sales department offered to rectify our troubles for the small charge of $26k. They would take my Hilton Marco island resort for a PIC (154k Wyndham points), convert a fixed week and let us buy 134k CWA points. We would have VIP silver. But we needed to decide now.

My answer... NO!
That’s the standard In-House (owner upgrade) pitch. Whatever the problem (typically a fake one created by the sales rep) the solution is always to buy more points.

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
I worked for Wyndham. There is only one valid reason to buy more points - because you want more vacation. Any other narrative they present is pitching heat (misrepresentation).

Your current Wyndham product - regardless of the club, where your seeded, or whether you bought it resale, dies not need to be converted or fixed, or traded to avoid some alleged special assessment.

Also - you don’t lower maintenance fees by buying more and trading into another resort. Your maintenance cost per thousand points may be less, but you’re obviously paying much more in total since you’ve added points. Over the years I was always amazed at how many people spent another $30K and doubled their maintenance fees just to say they paid less fees per thousand points owned.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
I worked for Wyndham. There is only one valid reason to buy more points - because you want more vacation. Any other narrative they present is pitching heat (misrepresentation).

Your current Wyndham product - regardless of the club, where your seeded, or whether you bought it resale, dies not need to be converted or fixed, or traded to avoid some alleged special assessment.

Also - you don’t lower maintenance fees by buying more and trading into another resort. Your maintenance cost per thousand points may be less, but you’re obviously paying much more in total since you’ve added points. Over the years I was always amazed at how many people spent another $30K and doubled their maintenance fees just to say they paid less fees per thousand points owned.
Glad you seemed to have reformed. Did you ever feel bad working for Wyndham?

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
Glad you seemed to have reformed. Did you ever feel bad working for Wyndham?

No reform was necessary. No industry is perfect. Name yours, or any other, and it only takes a minute before you can drill down to the crazy.

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
I think everyone should start reporting this to Wyndham’s CEO. I have Jeff’s email too (Senior Vice President Club and Owner Services) he could actually be the one to look into this.

Wyndham is a great product but it does gets a bad rep because of their nasty sales practices.

I don’t think I had ever been lied to so much on my face as I did when I attended my first Wyndham presentation. I knew better than to buy from developer but they were really pushing trying to get me to buy. Would just not take a no for an answer.

The CEO, and all senior leaders, are aware of this and other pitches. When it is brought to the appropriate level the behavior is often addressed. Not always. Your heat bet is to send it to Wyndham’s legal/compliance department. They follow up on all reports and forward it to the appropriate sales and marketing leaders with a reply requested regarding the resolution provided to the customer.

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
E
This is all BS from sales. I have it direct from the SVP of Sales/Marketing and two regional directors that PIC stays intact with Privileges - this conversation has had and decided months ago that PIC stays intact with Privileges. PIC Plus is permanent as well, only PIC Express is limited to five years. The concept that you won't see availability with resale points, or PIC points, or anything else is also BS and a common lie from sales. There's no priority and within the standard 10 month booking window, everyone sees the same inventory within CWP (exceptions are only for PR and MVC inventory).

Correct. Any time a sales rep, or T.O., tells you that you are about to lose a previously-held right or privilege, they are pitching heat and simply trying to coerce you into an upgrade.

But if you go to these owner updates (a.k.a. Sales Presentations) you only have yourself to blame. You will be pitched and many/most times you won’t like what you hear. If the free dinner or gift is worth the time and aggravation then have at it. Personally, I think 3,4,5 hours of vacation time is worth a lot more.

Wyndham also has a telesales group. For all brands. There isn’t as much pressure, you control the conversation, and you’ll have time to think about everything. They will be more than glad to take an inbound call so if you ever feel a burning need for a sales pitch, call their 800 number.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I worked for Wyndham.

Yes I have heard many say this. I compare this to someone that justified spending $1000 on a shopping spree by saying the saved $1000 because it was 50% off.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
That’s the standard In-House (owner upgrade) pitch. Whatever the problem (typically a fake one created by the sales rep) the solution is always to buy more points.
I call this Wyndham math. The numbers never add up.

wynBob

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
N/A
Yes I have heard many say this. I compare this to someone that justified spending $1000 on a shopping spree by saying the saved $1000 because it was 50% off.

Exactly, but in this case they spend the extra $1,000 every year.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Some people will buy a bucket of dung if it's on sale for 50% off. I would do it, but only if I needed a bucket.