• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

PR Room availability at Emerald Grande

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
I'm a PR owner and even though it isn't my home resort I love Emerald Grande. ive been dealing with an issue with PR inventory for the past 6 months at Emerald Grande. There are no available PR rooms when I do a search for as long as I'm able to search. I've talked to Wyndham about this issue at least 10 times. They agree it cant be correct that absolutely no nights open in PR. Multiple tickets some of the urgent have been filled out. They all agree I'm being cheated out of my benefits and I have taken vacations there in non PR rooms because of this issue which is really aggravating! Is there anything I can do? Can someone tell me any dates that have PR openings at EG over the next year so I can call again and give them this information. I have another vacation scheduled there in a few weeks and even though all the rooms are nice I want to be upgraded to a PR room. I'm so very frustrated!!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I was told by one of the managers a couple of years ago that regular units could not be upgraded to Presidential units. Something about different associations, if I recall correctly. That, of course, is a totally different issue from not being able to find PR units directly.

I think a lot of owners might be disappointed with the views from the PR units -- lower floors rather than higher ones, as in most resorts.

happyhopian

Reaction score
I've spent millions in point reservations at EG over the last decade. I have been able to upgrade to presidential at booking, but never automatically - though I will say it is 1 in 20 - most often the upgrade is the view (after the software change that allowed same room size upgrade).

The issue you are facing is the very limited number of presidentials and the very limited number of Wyndham owned units. I think there are around a dozen PR units and two are held for back up in case of a leak or unit failure.

EG was built as a fractional condo sale and NOT by Wyndham. In the recession it went into foreclosure and Wyndham stepped in to make a deal where by the own a significant number of fractions in the fractional unit chain. Some units there are only wyndham's units during certain months and in other months they belong to other owners. There are units Wyndham owns specifically for the entire 12 month period. I know this because at one time I could tell you every unit number they owned on the GV level.

Bottom line is that to get PR you MUST be booking 12 months out and every once in a while you can get in there before 10. I would say they also can re-appear in the 90 day window as I have seen them shopping for discounts but rarely to I see them in that window except nov-march

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
Thank you for that information! I’m understanding the situation better. Can you tell me any dates you see PR availability at Emerald Grande over the next year? I was told a certain number would be held for PR owners so can’t understand why I’m not seeing any at all. It seems like there would be a few dates here and there? Up until recently I was able to see them occasionally pop up in the 60 day window especially in the fall and was able to upgrade to them. Now I’m not seeing any so I’m thinking there is something wrong with my account at EG not giving me the PR benefits. I have a ticket and have been waiting for the problem to be resolved. Based on my frequent travels st this resort and previous upgrades I’m certain something is wrong but having trouble getting Wyndham to fix it. This is why I need another owner to verify what dates they see a PR room open so I can check and if I don’t see it call and tell them. I hope this makes sense. Thanks for any help you can provide.

happyhopian

Reaction score
So I cannot see any PR rooms available. This is strange too. Now in full disclosure, this past week was the first time I've reserved at EG in over a year. It seem that they have changed something for sure because no pr rooms are showing up any where I can see over the next 10 months.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is a problem. Nothing shows. While they are limited numbers, the high cost keeps a good percentage available. The fact nothing shows for the next 14 months tells me there is an issue.

Wes

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
I’ve talked to Wyndham several times about this issue. Some of them have agreed that there is an issue and filled out a ticked and I never hear back and others say they are booked and nothing can be done. As a PR owner I feel very cheated out of a benefit at my favorite resort. I’m not sure how to proceed. When I called the resort they informed me Wyndham still owns 10 PR rooms. They are unaware of any changes in Wyndham inventory of PR rooms. I’m sure Wyndham knows what is going on so some transparency would be appreciated.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’ve talked to Wyndham several times about this issue. Some of them have agreed that there is an issue and filled out a ticked and I never hear back and others say they are booked and nothing can be done. As a PR owner I feel very cheated out of a benefit at my favorite resort. I’m not sure how to proceed. When I called the resort they informed me Wyndham still owns 10 PR rooms. They are unaware of any changes in Wyndham inventory of PR rooms. I’m sure Wyndham knows what is going on so some transparency would be appreciated.
Why a PR unit? From my experience at Emerald Grande there isn't a difference between units other than labeling/badging. I see a lot of availability at Emerald Grande. Why not any of the other units? I look at it like this, it's like the difference between a chrome knob and black knob stereo. The components are the same, but the chrome knob stereo sell for considerably more because it flashier. Other than that, they are the same. Am I missing something?

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Why a PR unit? From my experience at Emerald Grande there isn't a difference between units other than labeling/badging. I see a lot of availability at Emerald Grande. Why not any of the other units? I look at it like this, it's like the difference between a chrome knob and black knob stereo. The components are the same, but the chrome knob stereo sell for considerably more because it flashier. Other than that, they are the same. Am I missing something?

The PR units, when occupied by a PR owner, come with amenities/perks that make the room more appealing - two people can have free fishing trips, or golf rounds, per day. Or twelve people can have free breakfast per day. Other spa services can be used as well.

Wes

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The PR units, when occupied by a PR owner, come with amenities/perks that make the room more appealing - two people can have free fishing trips, or golf rounds, per day. Or twelve people can have free breakfast per day. Other spa services can be used as well. Wes
I see now. The chrome knob is the amenities and perks, which one pays for when they buy into PR. An Emerald Grande sales weasel tried to upgrade us from Platinum to PR years ago. He showed us a very nice nicely bound book with a lot of pictures of fancy residences, told us about having a chef come in, etc. They would buy back our deeds (Platinum membership) for $30K which is what my parents paid in the early '90s and we pay an additional $90K. I laughed and left, but not before collecting a $100 gift card on our way out.

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
PR rooms at Emerald Grande are preferred with huge decks overlooking the harbor. The decks have tables and some have couches. In addition to the PR owners options of free breakfast, fishing trips, golf trips, or spa trips the best benefit for these PR rooms are the designated parking spots. Each room has its own spot steps from a private PR entrance right by the room. If you’ve ever been to this resort you know it’s a maze of elevators/towers and parking so this is an amazing benefit but since these rooms don’t appear to be available to anyone anymore I guess all these benefits are a thing of the past.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've stayed at Emerald Grande many times so I know the parking and building layout. We stayed there for two weeks last April at half points - picked up a cancellation. Parking was $5 per vehicle in the parking lot unless you were a guest there. Years ago we were able to book a one bedroom at half points and upgrade to a three bedroom on a few occasions. I don't know if the new website allows the 1 to 3 bedroom unit upgrades anymore. No two bedroom units at this location.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The PR units, when occupied by a PR owner, come with amenities/perks that make the room more appealing - two people can have free fishing trips, or golf rounds, per day. Or twelve people can have free breakfast per day. Other spa services can be used as well.

Wes

Do you have to stay in PR to get the amenities?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good point. Since some of the "amenities" are not associated with a particular unit why won't they honor you PR benefits?

Wyndhamgirl

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Avon PR
In order to receive the PR benefits you have to be in a PR owner staying in a PR room. I did talk with a Wyndham rep who informed me they are remodeling the PR rooms. I was told that is the reason none are available. This is not the first excuse I’ve heard so very suspicious. I have an upcoming trip so I’ll investigate to see if that is true. It seems crazy to block them all for a year for remodeling? I’m feeling certain there are changes planned with PR points, benefits, and availability and I’m also sure it won’t benefit anyone but Wyndham.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
In order to receive the PR benefits you have to be in a PR owner staying in a PR room. I did talk with a Wyndham rep who informed me they are remodeling the PR rooms. I was told that is the reason none are available. This is not the first excuse I’ve heard so very suspicious. I have an upcoming trip so I’ll investigate to see if that is true. It seems crazy to block them all for a year for remodeling? I’m feeling certain there are changes planned with PR points, benefits, and availability and I’m also sure it won’t benefit anyone but Wyndham.

So in essence is this another resort that has seemingly lost its PR in the system though not officially?

I actually think that there are things shaking up with PR with this new program as well. I can't see how they can merge 1.4 owners and PR owners under the same umbrella and offer those "amenities" when they really are in different systems. That has got to come up at the annual meeting in Austin.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

When we stay at a PR resort but not in a PR unit we still get the nicer toiletries, the robes, the bottles of water, the candy and the Starbucks coffees. At Bonnet Creek we get the use of the PR lounge too. However I don't believe that all PR resorts give PR owners whatever that resort's "special" perk is if you aren't staying in a PR unit.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

When we stay at a PR resort but not in a PR unit we still get the nicer toiletries, the robes, the bottles of water, the candy and the Starbucks coffees. At Bonnet Creek we get the use of the PR lounge too. However I don't believe that all PR resorts give PR owners whatever that resort's "special" perk is if you aren't staying in a PR unit.

Jan. The amenities at Emerald Grande include free fishing excursions or free golf. But those are only for PR members staying in PR units. By far these are the best perks I’ve ever had for being PR.

Wes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Jan. The amenities at Emerald Grande include free fishing excursions or free golf. But those are only for PR members staying in PR units. By far these are the best perks I’ve ever had for being PR.

Wes.

I thought Bali Hai had good perks too. And I think the use of a cabana at Rio Mar and St. Thomas is their special perk. Some of the PR resorts don't offer anything all that great. Have you seen a recent list of what the different resorts offer as their special perk?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
And according to Wyndham policy, everything is subject to change without notice...

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
So in essence is this another resort that has seemingly lost its PR in the system though not officially?

I actually think that there are things shaking up with PR with this new program as well. I can't see how they can merge 1.4 owners and PR owners under the same umbrella and offer those "amenities" when they really are in different systems. That has got to come up at the annual meeting in Austin.

They are only lumping them in as far as top tier benefits. PR still has perks that are specific to PR. They can give PR owners the top tier because they paid more then twice what regular owners paid for their points. Of course, everything is subject to change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk