• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What is on your naughty food list......

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Chocolate Ice Cream - pretty much any brand - though Blue Bell is the best. :)

Krteczech

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Towers at Mullet Bay, SXM
Silverado II, CO
Cheese, French liver pate, ice cream, crusty breads, most smoked and cured meats and almost any pastries. That’s my short list ...

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Chocolate with hazelnuts!! TONS of it, I eat it everyday, and usually quite a bit of it :)
OMG! Yes chocolate with hazelnuts are best of all chocolates! Recently when we were in Sourh Carolina, we drove to many stores to look for them and came up empty. I was so disappointed.

Reactions: mav

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let's see...
True junk with no nutritive value whatsoever: Cheetos (the spicier, the better,) Starburst, Sour Patch Kids

Things that are terrible for you, but with at least some nutritive value: chips, salsa, queso; onion rings; bacon; Jet's style deep-dish pizza

Aaaaaaand now I want lunch, LOL!

(Also, I am highly food-suggestible. It's a terrible thing.)

mav

TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Forever,
Have you tried Aldi's large dark Choceur bars with hazelnuts? For years I would bring pounds of these back from Germany and then Aldi came here. WOW! Its been a non stop fest since then for me.:). I always have plenty on hand day and night.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love me some queso! Also double cheeseburgers, bacon, meat lover's pizza, chocolate malts, bacon, anything with butter on it or in it, anything with bacon on it.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vacation Forever,
Have you tried Aldi's large dark Choceur bars with hazelnuts? For years I would bring pounds of these back from Germany and then Aldi came here. WOW! Its been a non stop fest since then for me.:). I always have plenty on hand day and night.
Unfortunately we don't have an Aldi's here. We do have Trader Joes and I haven't seen dark chocolate hazelnut bark there. I do buy Ritter Sport Whole Hazelnuts Dark Chocolate at TJ but they are still quite sweet. I order Baci dark choc with whole hazelnuts from Amazon during winter when weather is cooler or I simply scour stores for them.

Reactions: mav

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I like to have a balanced diet. I prefer snacks that come from each of the basic food groups.

ChooseArtsPlate-X3.jpg

With cheese curds and chocolate stout, my diet is complete.

Balanced%20Diet-X3.jpg

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
OMG! Yes chocolate with hazelnuts are best of all chocolates! Recently when we were in Sourh Carolina, we drove to many stores to look for them and came up empty. I was so disappointed.

Cliff buys dark choc hazelnut candy bars at Trader Joe’s. I am not a dark chocolate fan, but hazelnuts seals the “yuck” factor for me. I have tried to like hazelnuts since I was a kid because so many good candies and pastries come with them, but just can’t do it. He knows I know which desk drawer the candy is in, but no danger of me hunting it down.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cliff buys dark choc hazelnut candy bars at Trader Joe’s. I am not a dark chocolate fan, but hazelnuts seals the “yuck” factor for me. I have tried to like hazelnuts since I was a kid because so many good candies and pastries come with them, but just can’t do it. He knows I know which desk drawer the candy is in, but no danger of me hunting it down.
I'm with you regarding hazelnuts. Funny because I like every other type. Favorite is cashew.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I like to have a balanced diet. I prefer snacks that come from each of the basic food groups.

ChooseArtsPlate-X3.jpg

With cheese curds and chocolate stout, my diet is complete.

Balanced%20Diet-X3.jpg
I like your style!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I'm with you regarding hazelnuts. Funny because I like every other type. Favorite is cashew.

I didn't acquire a taste for cashews until well into adulthood. Now they are dangerous to have in the house! Brazil nuts were my favorite as a kid. As an adult I am very picky about which months I'll buy Brazil nuts, otherwise they taste stale to me. I used to buy at least one bag from TJ's every winter, but it seems like the last couple times I looked they weren't selling them. Problem with Brazil nuts is I think I'm eating healthy, but they are loaded with calories. Better to use the calories on See's candy where eventually the guilt factor kicks in and causes a halt to the binge!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I realized what another one of my naughty food items is just now as I stuffed one into my mouth -- large cookies from our favorite bakery studded with M&Ms. The things are sicky sweet, make me say out loud "Gaaack, that's sweet", and I can only eat one, but I have to buy one every time we go in there (and of course that's not the only thing we buy, sigh).

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
Underwood Deviled Ham. Smallest can they make. Mixed with Miracle Whip and chopped sweet pickles, served as a sandwich on buttered wheat bread. The urge hits me about every 18 months.

OMG! This is what I've known as ham salad ever since I was a little boy. I have memories of my mother taking what's left of the Easter ham, running it through the meat grinder, adding Miracle Whip (absolutely NOT mayonnaise, yuck!) and pickles run through the grinder. We'd eat that delicacy on Wonder Bread for lunch for a whole week!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
OMG! This is what I've known as ham salad ever since I was a little boy. I have memories of my mother taking what's left of the Easter ham, running it through the meat grinder, adding Miracle Whip (absolutely NOT mayonnaise, yuck!) and pickles run through the grinder. We'd eat that delicacy on Wonder Bread for lunch for a whole week!

When I was little very occasionally Mom would put bologna through the meat grinder, then do the pickles and MW. It was "ok", but I much preferred the canned deviled ham.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
But, my personal worst food to eat is potato chips, prefer the thicker ones with ridges. I've had to drop those from my menu though because the heavy salt content contributes to kidney stones :(. I also absolutely love Long John Silvers or Captain D's fish & chips. We don't have any of those in my hometown so if we're traveling and see one my wife will indulge me (she hates the stuff).

I also have one traditional food that has no nutritional value. To me it's not summer unless I've had a SnoCone. I've had at least 1 every summer since I was a child which covers many many years. This year I got to do the exotic version, Shave Ice, when we went to Oahu this year. Now those people know how to do SnoCones! :thumbup:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
But, my personal worst food to eat is potato chips, prefer the thicker ones with ridges. I've had to drop those from my menu though because the heavy salt content contributes to kidney stones :(. I also absolutely love Long John Silvers or Captain D's fish & chips. We don't have any of those in my hometown so if we're traveling and see one my wife will indulge me (she hates the stuff).

I also have one traditional food that has no nutritional value. To me it's not summer unless I've had a SnoCone. I've had at least 1 every summer since I was a child which covers many many years. This year I got to do the exotic version, Shave Ice, when we went to Oahu this year. Now those people know how to do SnoCones! :thumbup:

I wanted so bad to like shave ice, even drove to a "famous" one for our first taste. Meh. I don't care for the syrup, and I made sure to try a citrus flavor(s) rather than something like cherry, and it still tasted like old lolly pops.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
A real Canadian treat is the butter tart. Liquid gold in a pastry shell. Many people will try them from grocery stores and get an OK tart but to really experience the true butter tart you need to find a local country bakery. Although there are many variations such as raisin, pecan, chocolate Imuch prefer the pure original tart with no additional additives. I have two go to bakeries when I get the urge, which are luckily a bit of a drive so I only go every few months. The problem is they are typically sold by the 1/2 or full dozen so many don't survive the drive home :)
The-Best-Canadian-Butter-Tarts-5.jpg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Home Made chocolate Mayo cake with home made caramel icing.

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guilty pleasure is anything with caramel. ice cream with caramel bits, bread pudding with caramel sauce, anything with salted caramel. You get the idea. LOL

Dori

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I wanted so bad to like shave ice, even drove to a "famous" one for our first taste. Meh. I don't care for the syrup, and I made sure to try a citrus flavor(s) rather than something like cherry, and it still tasted like old lolly pops.
You need to try Ululani's on Maui. They make homemade syrups that taste awesome. I get the combo (sunset beach) that has mango, guava, and passion orange. Their shave ice is special.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Potato chips, crusty bread, New york style pizza, Good milk chocolate.