• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2018 ] Ebay Seller Timelyacquisitions_4

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sent a question to the the same seller in regards to a listing they have. The property is biennial at Elara, but the listing says that the MF is paid annually. I asked the seller he said annual. Does not make sense to have yearly maintenance fee on Biennial. Also o the other it indicated that annual club dues for Hilton is paid for each property.

Actually some resorts that have biennial weeks DO collect maintenance fees each and every year, but that fee would be 50% of what you would pay if you owned it as an every year unit.

For example: Sally owns a biennial week at Marriotts Grand Chateau and pays $950 per week per year. Joe owns the same week at the same resort, but it is an annual week and he pays $1,900 per year. Sally ends up paying half as much as Joe, but she only gets to use it every other year, while Joe can use it every year. It's just a bookkeeping trick so that all the owners pay something every single year regardless to the type of ownership.

Hopefully my example is clear enough.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I sent a question to the the same seller in regards to a listing they have. The property is biennial at Elara, but the listing says that the MF is paid annually. I asked the seller he said annual. Does not make sense to have yearly maintenance fee on Biennial. Also o the other it indicated that annual club dues for Hilton is paid for each property.
His explanation for using 2 different but similar aliases to simplify things makes no sense, so I’m not sure I’d trust anything else he says.

raymondmf

Reaction score
Actually some resorts that have biennial weeks DO collect maintenance fees each and every year, but that fee would be 50% of what you would pay if you owned it as an every year unit.

For example: Sally owns a biennial week at Marriotts Grand Chateau and pays $950 per week per year. Joe owns the same week at the same resort, but it is an annual week and he pays $1,900 per year. Sally ends up paying half as much as Joe, but she only gets to use it every other year, while Joe can use it every year. It's just a bookkeeping trick so that all the owners pay something every single year regardless to the type of ownership.

Hopefully my example is clear enough.

I understand your explanation, but this is ELara for HGVC. For a MF of 888 annually on Biennial use?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I understand your explanation, but this is ELara for HGVC. For a MF of 888 annually on Biennial use?

The question is what are the annual fees for the exact same ownership that is owned on an annual basis (not biennial) ?

How large is the unit that you are looking at (i.e. studio, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom, 3 bedroom, etc.) ?

Maybe an Elara unit owner can chime in and provide input......

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Purchased from Timely and had zero issues. Would do business again.

hgvcowner88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara
HGVC Tuscany Village
HGVC Boulevard
His explanation for using 2 different but similar aliases to simplify things makes no sense, so I’m not sure I’d trust anything else he says.
I have no experience with them personally but I think his explanation completely makes sense. He has two agents working with him/for him. One uses ta4 and one uses ta5. Makes it easier to see which one did what for commissions and logins and all that.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Hello All,
Both timelyacquisitions_5 and timelyacquisitions_4 are both mine. Because we have different agents listing the timeshares on ebay, this simplifies and identify which listing is for which agent. This is the only reason we have both of them.

Thank you all!
Steve McLoud

Having 2 aliases for the same person simplifies things?

I think that Timely Acquisitions has two (or more) agents. Each agent has a different ebay name. For instance, Suzy Smith is timelyacquisitions_5 and John Doe is timelyacquisitions_4. Simplifies things when a potential customer contacts them through their ebay name - it's clear to Timely Acquisitions which agent the inquiry should go to.

Makes a lot of sense to me, but then I don't deal with ebay or timeshare sales/resales in any way, so maybe I don't see the same problem that Rolltydr sees.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I think that Timely Acquisitions has two (or more) agents. Each agent has a different ebay name. For instance, Suzy Smith is timelyacquisitions_5 and John Doe is timelyacquisitions_4. Simplifies things when a potential customer contacts them through their ebay name - it's clear to Timely Acquisitions which agent the inquiry should go to.

Makes a lot of sense to me, but then I don't deal with ebay or timeshare sales/resales in any way, so maybe I don't see the same problem that Rolltydr sees.

Ok, that makes sense. I read his explanation as he was the agent and both aliases were him, not that he had agents working for him. (Hey, I’m from Alabama. Sometimes it takes me a while ;-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nkldavy

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased two timeshare accounts from Timely Acquisitions and had a very good experience with both. I would definitely purchase from them again.
Uncle Davey

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
My complaint about Timelyacquisitions_xx is that the photos in their listings have nothing to do with the resort. Here's a good example:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Woodstone-...169809?hash=item4447c996d1:g:mVkAAOSwoiFdCbla

The listings have this disclaimer: "(The pictures in this ad are general in nature.)" My opinion is that pictures "general in nature" should at least be of the resort, but not of any particular unit.

That's just plain lazy.

Tslipknotm77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else have recent experience with these guys? They started listing a lot recently. Looking to make a bid on one of their timeshares.

Tman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased one from them around sept 1st. Send payment and the requested docs. No real status update since then. I emailed them asking for an update and was told that everything is at the closing company and it takes 90-180 days depending on resort. I am a first time buyer, so I dont exactly know the process, but I would assume I will get something from closing that I need to sign before it goes to the resort.

Anyways, Ive talked to others who purchased from them and was told communication was lacking but everything turned out as expected in the end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I purchased one from them on Ebay about 1 year ago and all went very well. No problems and they always answered the phone when I called.

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
I have bought 2 contracts on ebay NOT from timelyacquisitions...but from another seller AND you get VERY little updates as you fill out intitial paperwork, and they "may" send you a message once it goes into Wyndhams hands, or they may not.....otherwise you don't really know....THEY don't really know once they send it to Wyndham...it is ALL up to wyndham from that point. I know waiting blind sucks...but if you have the contract number YOU can call wyndham and get an update...only takes a minute. Bob

CynthiaL

Reaction score
Hello All,

This is Steve McLoud and I own this company. I have been in the resale business for several years and have just recently listed a few CWA contracts on eBay. As stated, the Wyndham estoppels do not tell much. I personally verify all the information of the ownership prior to listing them on eBay.

I have been a member of TUG for a few months and appreciate all that the tuggers do.

Should you have any questions or concerns about myself or Timely Acquisitions please feel free to message me here and I will more than happy to answer them.

Thank You!
Steve McLoud

Hello Steve
I think there is a seller on Ebay using your company name to possibly defraud people. It's the Ebay Seller yourvacati_83.
Nothing in their ad indicated it is your company but once I won the bid I got emails from a lady named Sophia saying she's from Timely Acquisitions with a few very homemade looking forms to fill out and of course a Credit Card authorization form.
I asked her for more links and verifications on BBB reviews etc, and all she sent me was a link to the Timely Acquisitions Ebay reviews, without providing a link between herself (yourvacati_83 and Timely Aquisitions) Her email address is sofia@timelyacquisitions.com and her name is Sofia Bardalez. The Ebay bid i "won" was supposedly for Wyndham Branson at the Meadows. Is this legit? It seems suspect, just though I should let you know. I also bid on (and won) a property from the seller timelyacquisitions_05 (Wyndham Mountain Vista) that seems like it is the LEGITAMATE company but haven't heard from that company yet; which gives me more confimation that "Sofia Bardalez" might be a fraud, seeing as she emailed immediately asking for payment. Please clarify, thank you!

Stevenray

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello Steve
I think there is a seller on Ebay using your company name to possibly defraud people. It's the Ebay Seller yourvacati_83.
Nothing in their ad indicated it is your company but once I won the bid I got emails from a lady named Sophia saying she's from Timely Acquisitions with a few very homemade looking forms to fill out and of course a Credit Card authorization form.
I asked her for more links and verifications on BBB reviews etc, and all she sent me was a link to the Timely Acquisitions Ebay reviews, without providing a link between herself (yourvacati_83 and Timely Aquisitions) Her email address is sofia@timelyacquisitions.com and her name is Sofia Bardalez. The Ebay bid i "won" was supposedly for Wyndham Branson at the Meadows. Is this legit? It seems suspect, just though I should let you know. I also bid on (and won) a property from the seller timelyacquisitions_05 (Wyndham Mountain Vista) that seems like it is the LEGITAMATE company but haven't heard from that company yet; which gives me more confimation that "Sofia Bardalez" might be a fraud, seeing as she emailed immediately asking for payment. Please clarify, thank you!
Hello Cynthia,

Sofia Bardalez does some of our listings. We are at a point that we needed an additional listing agent for eBay. She is legit and very professional. Timely Acquisitions will be completing the transfers for both of your purchases. I will also ask Joy to follow up with you in regards to your purchase from _05. I apologize for any confusion and greatly appreciate your business!
Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct.

Thank you,
Steve McLoud

CynthiaL

Reaction score
Hello Cynthia,

Sofia Bardalez does some of our listings. We are at a point that we needed an additional listing agent for eBay. She is legit and very professional. Timely Acquisitions will be completing the transfers for both of your purchases. I will also ask Joy to follow up with you in regards to your purchase from _05. I apologize for any confusion and greatly appreciate your business!
Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me direct.

Thank you,
Steve McLoud
Thank you for the clarification!

Tslipknotm77

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just want to report back that my purchase was just completed with Timely Acquisitions for a Wyndham timeshare. Everything went very smoothly. The transfer happened quicker then I thought it would given how long the Wyndham delays have been recently. Purchased on 11/2/19. Transfer completed 2/20/20. Would certainly use them again.

TWAnonrev

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Anyone have experience with the Seller Timelyacquisitions_4 on ebay? Currently in an auction with them and there isn't any
Does anyone have more recent feedback on this ebay seller, timelyacquisitions_4? I see a listing that I might be interested in but would like more

I just recently purchased a Wyndham timeshare from Timely Aquisitions and would not recommend them, nor would I purchase a timeshare from them if I had to do it all over again. A little known fact about the annual fees at Wyndham is this $165.00 Program Fee which comes out to $13.75 per month, but nothing at all was mentioned, other than after deal was completed with explanation from their escrow rep that they essentially just did not know. The would be Estoppel Letter was only provided after transfer and in fairness, Wyndham shares some of blame. Apparently, a Seller who owns multiple time shares will pay 1 annual fee of $165.00, allocated agains all owned Wyndham timeshares. So in short, the quoted annual fee was off by approx 20% of what was quoted by Timely Aquisitions. Just tell me the truth when you sell me a timeshare and if you don't know basic math, but are regularly selling timeshares to avg people like me, just be honest and disclose. Although I was annoyed with this aid brokers lack of common sense and did also share with Wyndham that this is an easy "fix" for future Estoppel letters, I am looking forward to making good use of my recently purchased timeshare, even though it now costs me an extra $165.00 annually for the Program Fee. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score

The seller can't be responsible for teaching you everything you need to know about a resort or system. You need to do your own research and understand what you are buying. The Club Fee would be different if an already existing owner were buying what you bought (ranging from $0 to $0.66 per thousand points depending on how many points they already own), so it wouldnt be easy to put a number on it, and most sellers of Wyndham dont include it in the listing for that reason. Its pretty harsh to give someone a bad review because you bought something you didnt research.

Also, not pertinent to your case, but many sellers rely on owner information to make the postings, and can make errors themselves. I've seen listings that overstated annual maintenance fees by up to 100%. Some listings do include the club fee, but buried in the maintenance fee so it appears the maintenance fee is higher than it actually is. A buyer who properly researched the listing would have an advantage over those that take the listing at face value in these cases.

TUG is the best resource, hands down, for learning everything you could possibly need to know about virtually any timeshare out there. I think any member thats been here for any length if time would tell you to understand what you want to buy before you buy it.

Joanne71

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience with them has been awful. I won the bid on a WorldMark membership the end of last November. Communication with them has been abysmal and I finally went through my credit card carrier to request a chargeback which was approved. They blamed the delay on WorldMark’s slow processing but I suspect they also have their issues. I’d encourage you to run as fast as you can!

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
A work-in-progress opinion about closing service (not eBay purchase) Timely Acquisitions is providing to me and my seller: so far so good. I've picked up a free, seller-paid closing from timesharenation.com, and Timely Acquisitions has been extremely fast so far. For example, they submitted the estoppel/ROFR form the same day a purchase agreement was full executed. This is the current snapshot, and I'll keep this updated here.

1636563973052.png

emoneybug

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - Saratoga Springs 365pts (resale)
I'm at the beginning of my auctions (3 of them) ebay won auction check check check and gave my credit card info to Sofia. Looking forward to receiving my ownerships :)

xbauer39

Reaction score
I won an auction from them. They informed me it was owner personal timeshare and I didn’t need to pay the $1.25. I sent copy of ID and agreement and that was it. I won the auction April 15th. Meanwhile, I tried getting a few timeshare from timesharenation and timelyacqusitions was suppose to do the transfer for them and they are super quick to try to get me to sign POA. The POA isn’t even for what I won’t eBay. They still haven’t acknowledge the auction I won on eBay. I wouldn’t sign a POA from them. They couldn’t even sell the owner’s timeshare.
Steve did contact me wanting to know if they did something wrong and steve told me, Rebecca the closing manager was at fault and it wasn’t his. He actually never offered to fix it or figure it out. I just told him l, I was hanging up and was no longer discussing it with him.

I also see people comment about how using different username on eBay is suspicious and some say it’s not. I would agree, it’s not suspicious to help identify sales. Yet, why are the name so off and not transparent who they work are.

Last edited: