• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Single nicest unit at any resort

Railman83

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not seen this topic so here goes.

What is the nicest Wyndham Unit you’ve stayed in?

My choices would be 4br Presidential Gov Green, 3br Pres at Old Town or Nat Harbor, and they have a single well placed 2br Presidential at Royal Sea Cliff (not seen inside) but from outside and floor plan.

Thoughts?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
For me, it was a 3 bedroom Presidential Reserve unit at Bonnet Creek. That is my favorite resort so far, and the accommodations were immaculate. And, I got it at a 25% discount!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We recently stayed in a four bedroom presidential at both Fairfield Glade and Ocean Walk. Both were very, very nice. We've stayed in the presidential reserve units at Bonnet Creek a number of times and aren't as impressed with them as we were before they updated them. I liked the 3 bedroom presidential I stayed in at Grand Desert in Tower 3 a few years ago.

The 2 bedroom presidential we also recently stayed in at Sundara was very nice but the blue/gray color scheme and harsh lighting in the main living area made it feel gloomy and cold. Considering that you are in the pines in Wisconsin a warmer color pallet and lamps instead of the harsh track lighting would have been a much better choice. Also none of the five of us could figure out why anyone would have chosen the sofa. The color doesn't work with the other furniture or rug and arms are so high that the people sitting in the chairs only see the top half of your head.

We really liked the two bedroom loft unit we had at Flagstaff.

Another resort that we stayed at recently was Fairfield Plantation. My husband wasn't thrilled when I told him we had a studio but we were only there for one night. That's how spoiled we are! I was very impressed with it and would be more than content to stay in that unit again. It was warm and welcoming and nicely decorated. One of the things we've noticed that is sadly lacking in recent years are the touches that the units used to have. Wyndham has done away with the silk arrangements, decorative touches, etc. that gave the units that wow factor. Pillows on the sofa and chairs are as good as it gets now at many resorts. There were so many touches that made this studio outstanding. I didn't get the pictures taken before we brought our stuff in but you can see that it has a full kitchen. It also has a washer and dryer and a whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

20190906_174311.jpg
20190906_174322.jpg
20190906_174202 (1).jpg
20190906_174215.jpg
20190906_174235.jpg
20190906_174254.jpg
20190906_174018.jpg

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We feel the Marriott Grande Ocean Resort in the Sea Horse building top floor / direct ocean front view for our forty wedding anniversary . It was a two bedroom villa.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently stayed in a four bedroom presidential at both Fairfield Glade and Ocean Walk. Both were very, very nice. We've stayed in the presidential reserve units at Bonnet Creek a number of times and aren't as impressed with them as we were before they updated them. I liked the 3 bedroom presidential I stayed in at Grand Desert in Tower 3 a few years ago.

The 2 bedroom presidential we also recently stayed in at Sundara was very nice but the blue/gray color scheme and harsh lighting in the main living area made it feel gloomy and cold. Considering that you are in the pines in Wisconsin a warmer color pallet and lamps instead of the harsh track lighting would have been a much better choice. Also none of the five of us could figure out why anyone would have chosen the sofa. The color doesn't work with the other furniture or rug and arms are so high that the people sitting in the chairs only see the top half of your head.

We really liked the two bedroom loft unit we had at Flagstaff.

Another resort that we stayed at recently was Fairfield Plantation. My husband wasn't thrilled when I told him we had a studio but we were only there for one night. That's how spoiled we are! I was very impressed with it and would be more than content to stay in that unit again. It was warm and welcoming and nicely decorated. One of the things we've noticed that is sadly lacking in recent years are the touches that the units used to have. Wyndham has done away with the silk arrangements, decorative touches, etc. that gave the units that wow factor. Pillows on the sofa and chairs are as good as it gets now at many resorts. There were so many touches that made this studio outstanding. I didn't get the pictures taken before we brought our stuff in but you can see that it has a full kitchen. It also has a washer and dryer and a whirlpool tub in the bathroom.

View attachment 14590 View attachment 14591 View attachment 14592 View attachment 14593 View attachment 14594 View attachment 14595 View attachment 14596

Your PR in Clearwater was very nice. Certainly nicer than my 2 bedroom overlooking the parking deck.

Our favorite was the 3 bedroom PR in Rio Mar. I do have to say though, that the sink is inadequate. It is about the size of the bar sink in the 4 bedroom PR at WBC. One dish and you are done. You have to load the dishwasher. lol They are all on the front side of the building overlooking the ocean. They gave us PR amenities (that was pretty nice) and the cabana that went along with the PR units.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
One bedroom presidential at Wyndham Clearwater. Unit has walls of glass and deck offering a fantastic view of the white sandy beach and emerald color water in the Gulf. We were invited to do a shakedown of the unit when it first opened, and on day three the sales weasels pounced and proceeded with their lies and high pressure sales tactics. It's went from a feedback session to sales in a matter of minutes.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Your PR in Clearwater was very nice.

I meant to add Clearwater giving it an honorable mention rating. I was so busy getting the pictures from Fairfield Plantation loaded that I forgot it.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
4 bedroom PR at Desert Blue was very nice but the 4BR PR at Indio was best for me with huge balcony that has a hot tub on it.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a one bedroom PR at Clearwater that I would consider the best. ........................ but the one bedroom at Wyndham Grand Chicago was also right up there.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
One BR Presidential at Clearwater so far. I have a 2 BR Presidential booked at Clearwater for Spring Break 2020. Can’t wait!

352ef05bae786a1a32169e0e742d65b6.jpeg

00765db9a1baa4d8c0ab109738d9bed7.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bestpal38

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Club Access
Not seen this topic so here goes.

What is the nicest Wyndham Unit you’ve stayed in?

My choices would be 4br Presidential Gov Green, 3br Pres at Old Town or Nat Harbor, and they have a single well placed 2br Presidential at Royal Sea Cliff (not seen inside) but from outside and floor plan.

Thoughts?
For me it was a 2 bedroom presidential at Canterbury.....San Fransisco. Spectacular room. Nicest I've ever stayed in antwhere.

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
4 bedroom PR at Desert Blue was very nice but the 4BR PR at Indio was best for me with huge balcony that has a hot tub on it.
Didn't Indio was PR?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
4 BR Presidential at National Harbor -- just my wife and me!

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
All good selections. I think every unit with an oceanfront view is tied for the best unit! I've gotten that at Daytona Beach, Pompano Beach, and Panama City Beach. One of the reasons I keep returning to PCB is because every unit has that ocean view (I think). And being so close to the Gulf, that is a spectacular view.

Harbor view units in Newport are a very close second.

The room or unit itself doesn't mean as much to me. Every Wyndham unit I've stayed in is nicer than my condo!