• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

November 7th owners meeting in Austin

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Anyone else going? We will be there 10/31-11/8 and are staying at the resort. We would love to meet some other Tuggers if anyone is interested in getting together.

If you would like to tour the Governor's mansion the tours are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 2-4PM. You have to go online or call to schedule a tour at least a week beforehand.

On Sunday, November 3rd, the Bullock Museum of Texas history will have free admission. They call it First Sundays and do it every month.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone else going? We will be there 10/31-11/8 and are staying at the resort. We would love to meet some other Tuggers if anyone is interested in getting together.

If you would like to tour the Governor's mansion the tours are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, 2-4PM. You have to go online or call to schedule a tour at least a week beforehand.

On Sunday, November 3rd, the Bullock Museum of Texas history will have free admission. They call it First Sundays and do it every month.
Capital bldg also a good tour. One of the oldest steakhouses in Texas is within walking distance of resort.
https://www.hoffbrausteakhouseaustin.com
Menu features one type of salad and its called take it or leave it.

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
@HitchHiker71 and will be there. I believe he has Wyndham Austin booked. So do I. I will be there on the 6th to 10th. We have a walking tour scheduled. @dgalati a steakhouse sounds awesome. Thanks.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
@HitchHiker71 and will be there. I believe he has Wyndham Austin booked. So do I. I will be there on the 6th to 10th. We have a walking tour scheduled. @dgalati a steakhouse sounds awesome. Thanks.

Yes we are flying in the night of the 5th and flying out the afternoon of the 8th. We are booked into Wyndham Austin and even received a free room upgrade from a studio to a one bedroom deluxe.

Would like to stay longer but Mrs. Hitch is out of vacation days for the year sorry to say. I’m also traveling internationally on business both before and after the Austin trip so don’t have much time to spare LOL.

Would love to meet any Tuggers who will be attending the annual owners meeting!

Love me a good steak!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not us. We'll be on our way to Florida for the winter. Anyone going to Daytona Beach or Destin this winter. Daytona Beach until January 5th, then on to Destin until mid April.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Not us. We'll be on our way to Florida for the winter. Anyone going to Daytona Beach or Destin this winter. Daytona Beach until January 5th, then on to Destin until mid April.

Damn, it’s hard not to envy you. Are you staying at Wyndham properties during that whole timeline?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Damn, it’s hard not to envy you. Are you staying at Wyndham properties during that whole timeline? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. It's off season so, so far it's all at half points. Probably will need full points over Christmas and New Years.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Thanksgiving week is about the last week that swimming is tolerable at Daytona. After that, the high is usually in the low 70s. I hate how they don't heat the indoor pools to 80 degrees. I've lived in FL most my life and Oct-March is the best time of the year to be outside (not swimming). Ocean Walk and Panama City are both discounted 35% for resale owners for the majority of winter as well.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
Yes. It's off season so, so far it's all at half points. Probably will need full points over Christmas and New Years.

This is our dream as we approach retirement age. Timesharing full time for at least part of every year. Congrats on being able to enjoy the timeshare lifestyle!

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas

I plan on being there. Looking forward to meeting up.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My husband and I will be there, the 6th to the 9th. Staying at the Wyndham. Yes, would love to meet up. That steak house sounds tempting. We have family in Austin, as well, but for sure will make time for our TUG friends.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have 2 tickets to the meeting if someone is looking to go. I could try to switch them over to you.

We are lining up early in San Diego before our Panama Canal cruise on Disney. Too much stress to fly into Austin and make it to San Diego to embark the next day.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Would you mind sharing how many total points this will cost you and the room type(s)?

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you mind sharing how many total points this will cost you and the room type(s)?
Basically look at the point charts and in our case divide in half. Last year full points were during Christmas and New Years. This year will probably be the same plus Thanksgiving. We have already have the holidays booked At full points. In mid March last year we moved to Panama City Beach. Otherwise we'd have to piece it together, use full points for some nights and change resorts. It was easier moving to Panama City Beach for half points and upgrades during the entire rest of our trip. Spring Break isn't bad there anymore since some new laws were implemented and I can see the Harley-David dealer from the resort. Being a biker that's important to me for some reason.

AF1QipOTSMsR1CIwD8mLBxTv393UM2EVeCOU6Rl86ip2