• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Upgrade window shortened by 4 days.

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
74569335_2225761724382691_5582256495979921408_o.jpg

Looks like they are finally stating that VIP upgrades will not be given the 4 days prior to check in. Interesting to me because these seem like if available would be the best to give out. This only affects automatic upgrades not instant upgrades in my interpretation.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can get an upgrade for a booking on the 19th so it seems as though they are going to have the system stop looking for those requested at the 4 day mark.

I think that it can be a good thing if it works because I have had all sorts of downgrading issues recently.

But in theory, platinum is 60 day upgrade, gold is 45 day upgrade, silver is 30 day upgrade, then what is that new low level supposed to get when everyone is getting shorted on those last four days?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Are we to infer from this that Wyndham's reservation system needs four days to catch up to an upgrade?

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Are we to infer from this that Wyndham's reservation system needs four days to catch up to an upgrade?

Or maybe it's because the resorts assign rooms days or even a week before check-in. Allowing upgrades at the last minute means they have to change the room assignments. Also, @bendadin experiences some issues with upgrades on last-minute reservations not being honored. Maybe this will reduce the chance of that happening. Without know what caused the issue of upgrades not being honored, it's hard to say.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Or maybe it's because the resorts assign rooms days or even a week before check-in. Allowing upgrades at the last minute means they have to change the room assignments. Also, @bendadin experiences some issues with upgrades on last-minute reservations not being honored. Maybe this will reduce the chance of that happening. Without know what caused the issue of upgrades not being honored, it's hard to say.

Aren't we told that units are assigned at check-in? Or is that, along with a lot of other stuff, obsolete?

We were upgraded at check-in last spring at Governor's Green, although it was from a 2BR Deluxe to a 2BR lock off (actually two adjacent 1BR Deluxe units with a LO door). However, that doesn't fit what we think we know about upgrades so maybe it doesn't count. We're fairly frequent visitors there -- they know us.

I don't know. Another Wyndham mystery.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Aren't we told that units are assigned at check-in? Or is that, along with a lot of other stuff, obsolete?

We were upgraded at check-in last spring at Governor's Green, although it was from a 2BR Deluxe to a 2BR lock off (actually two adjacent 1BR Deluxe units with a LO door). However, that doesn't fit what we think we know about upgrades so maybe it doesn't count. We're fairly frequent visitors there -- they know us.

I don't know. Another Wyndham mystery.

That's not what I was told, but it could vary by resort. Every resort may have different practices. Many times, the HOA dictates certain things and Wyndham has to follow them. If there is a room available at check in to upgrade to (maybe there was a no-show the day before), they may upgrade at the time of check-in. However, I was told the room numbers are already assigned when you get there. It allows them to plan ahead.

GRapuser

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai Villas, Glacier Canyon, Club Wyndham Access
I believe that it does vary by resort, and perhaps, also by season. Given the variety of room types and various check-in days, if a resort is sold out for several weeks, they have to be very careful where they put people to make sure that the reserved rooms are available for the next guests. I know at Glacier Canyon they assign the rooms 1+ week in advance. However, when visiting Bonnet Creek during the high (but not prime season) my room was assigned at check-in.

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
We own only resale points and have been upgraded several times at check in... Possibly because they overbooked the size unit we originally reserved.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
We own only resale points and have been upgraded several times at check in... Possibly because they overbooked the size unit we originally reserved.

Doubtful. Many times the bigger bedrooms are booked solid and people get downgraded. It could be you traveled during the right time, or showed up at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk