• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Updates...Goodbye Maybe

Did this work for you?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just got back from Welk San Diego. As we left, I expressed surprise to DH that Welk had NEVER asked us to attend an owners update. No email before, no call before, no attempt at check-in, no call during the week, no follow up call ten days later with a discount, NOTHING!

It felt like a real vacation.

I remember Welk surveyed me during the summer and I said that Owners Updates were the worst part of Welk. I wonder if I got put onto a Do Not Solicit list. A gal can dream ..

Which Welk? I have a stay coming up and the mixed reviews about the resorts are making me nervous.

Guitarmom

Reaction score
Welk San Diego is actually three resorts in one: the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas, peaceful two-bedroom units and are the oldest units; Villas on the Greens, which are two bedroom lock-offs that can be reserved as a small 1BR or a large 1BR, built around 2001; and Mountain Villas, the newest buildings available in 1, 2 or 3 BR options. Anyone can use any of the amenities, no matter where you are staying.

Can you share a sampling of the bad reviews have you read? All three sections are nice, but Villas on the Greens originally had some design problems, which have been rectified.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Last time we were at Wyndham Myrtle Beach, we drove up from Florida.
I told the parking pass guy. I’m tired,hungry, and I own enough timeshares, I want to go to my unit and enjoy my vacation. We were given our pass and that was that.
When we went to HICV Oak and Spruce I told them we owned at Orange Lake and the parking pass guy said welcome home, I smiled and walked away, it helped that I was wearing my TUG shirt.
Oh and we always unplug the phone.
Silentg

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Welk San Diego is actually three resorts in one: the Lawrence Welk Resort Villas, peaceful two-bedroom units and are the oldest units; Villas on the Greens, which are two bedroom lock-offs that can be reserved as a small 1BR or a large 1BR, built around 2001; and Mountain Villas, the newest buildings available in 1, 2 or 3 BR options. Anyone can use any of the amenities, no matter where you are staying.

Can you share a sampling of the bad reviews have you read? All three sections are nice, but Villas on the Greens originally had some design problems, which have been rectified.

Thank you. From what I can see, cleanliness was either spot on or horrible. We are coming in through RCI and not as Welk owner (which we are not) and that has the potential for things to be amiss.

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
Thank you. From what I can see, cleanliness was either spot on or horrible. We are coming in through RCI and not as Welk owner (which we are not) and that has the potential for things to be amiss.
I believe you will like Welk. We have owned their for many years and have always enjoyed our stay.

Ecelso

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
PBC - Resale Pending
I bought a resale timeshare years ago off EBay. It is all I want. I am harassed at every resort just so I can get my required parking pass that they could...

I am in the process of becoming a resale owner, but I used a resort cert to book a week at WM FL reunion. I have been reading all the strategy here on TUG of how to say no, but when I was actually at the office with the parking guy, I realized I didn’t want to deal with all that... so knowing I wasn’t going to last the whole week, I booked the presentation for a day I wasn’t going to be there. I was not bothered. During premature checkout, I called and said I was going to check out early and cancelled the presentation. No one bothered me for doing that either... One more thing, the guy wanted a $20 deposit, and I said I was not going to pay anything and he “waved it.”

I don’t know if this will work all the time, but maybe booking the presentation on the last day of checkout will allow you to enjoy the vacation with a good start. And then you can choose to go to the presentation or not... once I am a member, I will try that again.

HDiaz1

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Marriott Grand Chateau, Worldmark the Club.
Maybe I’m just lucky lol but I’m a new resale owner. I stayed at Reunion last year in December, at Bonnet Creek in May this year, at Emerald Grande this May for Memorial Day, at Panama City Beach last week and I had no issues. They ask me if I was interested in an update to learn about the new programs, new locations, etc but I just declined. Told them I was there to vacation and didn’t care for any of their gifts. After declining twice, they gave me my parking passes and told me to enjoy my stay.
Bonnet creek was the only place where they weren’t as nice and had to decline like 3-4 times but after that they never bothered me. Never got any phone calls, nothing.
So far I’ve had a great experience and hopefully stays this way. We have Great smokies lodge booked for January and Kona Hawaiian Resort in June. We will see how those go.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Thankfully they no longer ask us.

I used to say that we had a full schedule and if we found ourselves with some free time and wanted to go to an update that I would call. If they persisted one of my favorite responses used to be "No and don't waste your breathe asking me again because the answer will still be no regardless of whatever you offer."

Upon occasion I would tell them that they would have to really make it worth my time to go. Then when they increased the offer I would ask if that was the best they could do. Sometimes the offers were good enough to get me to agree to go. However a few years after Wyndham took over my husband didn't react well to being increasingly bullied, manipulated and lied to so we quit going.

Last edited: