• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is walking a reservation dead?

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
Glad we are no longer “the walking dead.”

boom .... chick

TDub1313

Reaction score
Just tried tonight and would not let me add a day as the points would have increased. Also hit a new snag tonight. As I walked, I came out of a weekend and my points went down - as I have only 6 days booked but would like 7. The problem is soon as I walk to another weekend and the points go back up I’ll be at a dead end for walking and will have to wait until CS opens in the AM. A fully functional website would be great... then the only inconvenience would be staying up late every night for weeks...

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Just tried tonight and would not let me add a day as the points would have increased. Also hit a new snag tonight. As I walked, I came out of a weekend and my points went down - as I have only 6 days booked but would like 7. The problem is soon as I walk to another weekend and the points go back up I’ll be at a dead end for walking and will have to wait until CS opens in the AM. A fully functional website would be great... then the only inconvenience would be staying up late every night for weeks...

I agree with you that a fully functional website would be great. Wow, didn't HGVC have a fully functional website this past summer? What happened? Was it a hurricane, a tsunami, a wild fire, a terrorist attack? Perhaps cyber attack?

If someone can answer this with a reasonable answer that justifies why members, (HGVC customers) have been so inconvenienced please explain.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I agree with you that a fully functional website would be great.
Now that they have raised the annual HGVC membership fee for the umpteenth year in a row, I'm sure the extra revenue will go straight toward fixing the app/website.

lol-animated-gif-6.gif

Kurt

Tamaradarann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC South Beach, HGVC Las Vegas, HGVC Las Vegas on the Strip, HGVC Sea World, Misner Place
Now that they have raised the annual HGVC membership fee for the umpteenth year in a row, I'm sure the extra revenue will go straight toward fixing the app/website.

lol-animated-gif-6.gif

Kurt

Or Not. They could have left the previous system that was working, saved the extra revenue and had a nice dinner celebration for all of the HGVC staff, and had happier customers!

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
It appears to me this has been fixed when they roll out the captcha update. I am now able to add nights as well.

Great3