• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm an investigator with Better Business Bureau in St. Louis. Because we have many timeshare exit and timeshare sales companies in our service area, we spend a lot of time talking with consumers who claim to have been harmed.

A lot of these folks were first contacted via mail. I'm sure many of you who frequent these forums receive mailers. Instead of dumping them in the trash, I was hopeful you could share those with me.

If you have a mailer from a timeshare exit or timeshare sales company, please feel free to send them to me in Direct Message here.

I appreciate your help.

Don O'Brien
Investigator
BBB St. Louis

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don,

Welcome to TUG.

I think this is a very good idea.

I have a friend that bought a Mexican TS for over 100K and he got contacted by a company that promised him to sell it for $120K with a buyer ready.

I will forward you the letter he was suppose to sign and send back once I have it.

Sam

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I would urge any who get these to do this, Don has been a great influence in this arena targeting upfront fee scammers/exit companies/etc to try to warn owners! every little bit helps!

Think of it as your way of helping fight scammers, something we can all get behind!

kristapb

TUG Member
Reaction score
The latest (October/November) issue of AARP, The Magazine, has a full age ad on page 27 from iCancelTimeshare.com. part of Wesley Financial Group. They have been involved upfront payment arrangements which have many negative reviews available online and which has previously been discussed in TUG. AARP should be ashamed.

queenie421

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm an investigator with Better Business Bureau in St. Louis. Because we have many timeshare exit and timeshare sales companies in our service area, we spend a lot of time talking with consumers who claim to have been harmed.

A lot of these folks were first contacted via mail. I'm sure many of you who frequent these forums receive mailers. Instead of dumping them in the trash, I was hopeful you could share those with me.

If you have a mailer from a timeshare exit or timeshare sales company, please feel free to send them to me in Direct Message here.

I appreciate your help.

Don O'Brien
Investigator
BBB St. Louis

Don, Can you also do investigation with Booking.com for false advertising and not refunding our $100 as letter indicates? If not, can you refer me to someone who can help retrieve our $100? Thank you

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Don, Can you also do investigation with Booking.com for false advertising and not refunding our $100 as letter indicates? If not, can you refer me to someone who can help retrieve our $100? Thank you

I don’t think there is anything to investigate as Booking.com has been around a very long time (website was created 21 years ago).

My suggestion, if you haven’t had any luck with the company, is to file a complaint direct with the company’s BBB profile. The BBB will forward your complaint to the company and give the them an opportunity to respond. I have added the link below at which you can file the complaint. Note that there is an alert that says there have been scammers falsely claiming to be booking.com. Are you positive you dealt with the real booking.com?

https://www.bbb.org/us/mi/grand-rap...nc-part-of-booking-holdings-inc-0372-38133612

Last edited:

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I have been getting aggressive calls from caller's claiming to be representing the Gallagher Law Firm calling both my cell and land line.

It's the "This is not a sales call" opening, well what the #$%^ else is it? They seem to be honed in on our HICV conversion and claim we "may" have been deceived.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don,

Welcome to TUG.

I think this is a very good idea.

I have a friend that bought a Mexican TS for over 100K and he got contacted by a company that promised him to sell it for $120K with a buyer ready.

I will forward you the letter he was suppose to sign and send back once I have it.

Sam
Thanks, Sam. Check your direct messages on here. I sent you one.

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
Queenie,

Do as RX8 said. File a complaint with BBB. Hopefully, the BBB that services that company can help you out.

Don

STLBBB

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been getting aggressive calls from caller's claiming to be representing the Gallagher Law Firm calling both my cell and land line.

It's the "This is not a sales call" opening, well what the #$%^ else is it? They seem to be honed in on our HICV conversion and claim we "may" have been deceived.
Dr. Q,

The best thing you can do is ask them to put you their Do Not Call list. Unfortunately, that is not going to stop other companies from calling you. Your name and number is on a list that likely will be circulated among other timeshare exit companies.

If you get any mailers or other correspondence from this company or others, feel free to send it my way.

Don