• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WKORV 1 BR Premium - good deal?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I don't know much about Vistana / Westin prices, is $3500 a reasonable price for an OV Even Year EOY?

Would this be a higher floor or are all 1BR called Premium units?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Not a good deal because 1br maintenance fees are almost the same as 2br lockoff. There is only one type of 1br at WKORV and they are all ocean view.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Good point, thanks. I just realized the low MF listed is paid every year.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
I don't know much about Vistana / Westin prices, is $3500 a reasonable price for an OV Even Year EOY?

Would this be a higher floor or are all 1BR called Premium units?

Depends. That price is probably at the ROFR.

If you can reserve exactly 12 months in advance, and location is important - the top floors (4-6) nearer the ocean have great ocean views (12 of these villas. And the layout is nice.
The Foyer space is gone, and balcony door is at angle (great ocean views in side villa and great light). The balconies are the second away from OF.

An upside is not dealing with the studio side. The downside is the loss of the studio SOs at a reduced rate. But, if you do not care about that - good deal as long as above holds.
(Reserve exactly at 12 months out - Timestamp rules)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Can an owner of 1br on a home resort reservation be placed into a 1br portion of a 2br lockoff, instead of into a dedicated 1br?

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can an owner of 1br on a home resort reservation be placed into a 1br portion of a 2br lockoff, instead of into a dedicated 1br?
No, because in order to be placed in a 1BR portion of a 2BR lockoff, you need to be an owner of a 2BR lockoff. From personal experience, when searching for availability, the owner of a 1BR would only be able to book a Standard one bedroom OV premium villa during the home resort booking period. Early in our ownership, I had tried to book a 1BR OV premium villa not noticing the difference. I then received the message that an eligible ownership was necessary to complete the reservation. I have also noticed that Standard one bedroom premium villas are no longer listed when searching for a 1BR villa after the 12-8 month window, so I don't know if a non-dedicated 1BR owner could possibly be assigned to a dedicated 1BR villa. (a question for the room-assignment person, perhaps?) CJ

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
...so I don't know if a non-dedicated 1BR owner could possibly be assigned to a dedicated 1BR villa. (a question for the room-assignment person, perhaps?) CJ

Not until the 8th month point as a SO exchange.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed a few times in a dedicated 1BR. Just luck of the draw. They are the same as the 1BR side of the lockout, but you don't share the entrance foyer with anyone.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
If the price is right, the view is great and location is prime.....if you get a good timestamp.unit
The MF ratio is high, so long term you're better with 2br.

But...one fact not mentioned: Resale on these units is going to be SLOW. So once you get it.....don't expect to easily sell it. You might buy it at firesale (I think most get ROFR'd) but you'll probably sell it to ROFR as well.

Good luck.

I think you'd have a better experience with 2br north OV/OF. IV in the north is very cheap and views can be ok/mixed. MUCH better odds than what you'd get in the south IV.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
If the price is right, the view is great and location is prime.....if you get a good timestamp.unit
The MF ratio is high, so long term you're better with 2br.

But...one fact not mentioned: Resale on these units is going to be SLOW. So once you get it.....don't expect to easily sell it. You might buy it at firesale (I think most get ROFR'd) but you'll probably sell it to ROFR as well.

Good luck.

I think you'd have a better experience with 2br north OV/OF. IV in the north is very cheap and views can be ok/mixed. MUCH better odds than what you'd get in the south IV.

No matter where - location is based on Timestamp.

The percentage of Owners relative to number of specific villa locations is the same regardless of type (as there can be only one owner per unit-week type).

As mentioned, the top 12 1Bd WKORV (25% of them - floors 4-6, closest to ocean) are great villa location-wise.
Timestamp is key here.

If location is not important - then based on shear numbers - other villa types are better.

Also, the 2Bd offers better value - but not everyone wants to deal with the studio for various reasons (eg. limited vacation time).

But, I will say it again - Timestamp will prevent bad locations (PL views) - this has only really been issue with II exchanges (or late reserving premium weeks like Prez Day, Easter, July4, prime whale weeks).

Last edited: