• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sometimes it is the little things that "irk" me.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave , my condolences. after you posted this, my daughters friend was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, lived four weeks, and died st age 48.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Dave , my condolences. after you posted this, my daughters friend was diagnosed with stage 4 pancreatic cancer, lived four weeks, and died st age 48.

Thank you. So sorry to hear of your daughter's friend. 48 is very young. My brother was 70. Pancreatic cancer is deadly. I've done a lot of research about it since my brother was diagnosed. I learned it is among the top four cancers, in terms of death rates. The pancreas sits behind the stomach, and as the cancer develops, the "arms" of the pancreas grow into the stomach, immediately spreading the cancer to the stomach. By the time the person has any symptoms, it's usually too late for treatment. That was how my brother learned he was even sick. He thought it was bad food, maybe an ulcer, or just an upset stomach. When he finally went to the doctor and they tested him, the diagnosis was that his life was done. He was very shocked. He looked fine, felt fine otherwise, and other than having an upset stomach area, he felt he was fine. And then they showed him the pictures of what his insides looked like. That's when he knew for real his time had come.

Dave

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Update: I wanted to post back in this thread and say my brother Bob passed away quietly in his sleep this past Tuesday morning. Despite all odds, he survived 10 weeks after receiving his completely unexpected diagnosis of metastatic stage 4 pancreatic cancer in August. He was never in great pain, but he did suffer with the symptoms of his illness, and the ravages of what the cancer did to him. The mercy of it all is that the suffering has ended, and he is at rest. I'll miss you, big brother.

Dave

So sorry to read that you lost your brother, Dave.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
What can one say at a time like this. We will have your family In our prayers. In many ways be thankful it was relatively short but he did have time to visit with his child.

I still cry when I think of my Baby Brother, who died on July 4, 2019.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
@DaveNW sorry about your brother. Thinking of you.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thank you, everyone, for your kind wishes about my brother. I sincerely appreciate them. Bob lived long enough after his diagnosis to say Goodbye to all of his family and friends, and to make his final arrangements. Then it was a waiting game, which was the hardest part. When the end finally came, it was a relief that his ordeal was finally done. My younger brother lives in the same area Bob did, and is handling his affairs. Things had been simplified by the end that it is mostly just signing papers here and there.

If I can offer a suggestion to anyone as a lesson from my brother, it is to not ignore when things aren't "right." He didn't like going to the doctor, so avoided it when he could. In this case it probably wouldn't have ended any differently, but the process may have been very different.

Dave