• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scheduled Marco Island Presentation - 10/20/2019

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
Get a new or another tour company partner than Colette. We were very disappointed in our recent tour with them and would not book another one in the future (regardless of the relative value for DC points). The accommodations were definitely not up to Marriott standards.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
The offering this time was rather low. Choose one of the following.
  • $150 Visa Card
  • 200 Destination Points
  • 15,000 Bonvoy Points
I think this is the lowest offering I have received.

Anything specific I should focus on this round?
That is all I got at San Fran Pulse. The rewards are even less here at Koolina. It is $75 visa gift card or 10k bonvoy points.

I wonder what they are awarding at the Miami Pulse location? We will be here at the end of January and am curious.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder what they are awarding at the Miami Pulse location? We will be here at the end of January and am curious.

I was at the Miami Pulse in February and it was reasonable - $250 in gift cards. Of course, YMMV.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I was at the Miami Pulse in February and it was reasonable - $250 in gift cards. Of course, YMMV.
Thanks. If they offer that to me in Jan, we will be attending the presentation. Wife would rather I not take her. But $250 is a very nice dinner on MVC.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. If they offer that to me in Jan, we will be attending the presentation. Wife would rather I not take her. But $250 is a very nice dinner on MVC.

Put it this way; if you don't take her they won't give you the bucks!

They want both of you there for your signatures in case they talk to you folks into parting with your hard earned dollars.

Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Put it this way; if you don't take her they won't give you the bucks!

They want both of you there for your signatures in case they talk to into parting with your hard earned dollars.
I've done a number of uncompensated tours over the years. I'd rather do them that way and my wife would rather not go. I'd do it routinely WHEN we tour if they'd schedule it and do it informationally. I think of the ones I've done, only 1 or 2 were scheduled and they were scheduled for basically after their normal tours. Many have just been walk in and sometimes you have to wait, it just depends on how busy they are. Sometimes they've served my purpose (ask a question, get specific info, update new info, see a property I haven't seen) and sometimes they don't. When they haven't been done well they've rushed, just answered direct questions and didn't show me what I wanted to see (like a unit or unit type I hadn't seen and wanted to). I understand why they want both but in reality for us it'd be to their advantage but I realize most timeshares are bought on impulse so overall it likely works out in their favor for the requirement to have both parties. Sometimes they will do compensated tours for a single person but sometimes they won't even then. It's interesting that when there are more than 2 on the account, they never mention the other person as part of the tour process.

alhanna

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is what Palm Desert is offering for a presentation next week -

Two Complimentary greens fees at Marriott’s Desert Springs or Shadow Ridge courses PLUS a $100 Marriott Gift Card

OR one of these other options:
  • $200 Experience Voucher
  • $200 Marriott Gift Card
  • 30,000 Marriott Rewards Points
  • 400 Plus Points (destination)

JW Desert Springs Golf Certificates:
  • $25 cart fee

Shadow Ridge Golf Certificates:
  • $30 cart fee
We will take the $200 Marriott Gift Card.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sept 2019:
- Hilton Head. $375 Marriott experience dollars, accepted by many restaurants, 600 DC points valid for 2 years or 40K Bonvoy points.
- Oceanwatch at Myrtle Beach. $175 Experience dollars or 2 rounds of golf at 4 courses not including $25 cart fees each.

Last edited:

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
Sept 2019:
- Hilton Head. $375 Marriott experience dollars, accepted by many restaurants, 600 DC points valid for 2 years or 40K Bonvoy points.
- Oceanwatch at Myrtle Beach. $175 Experience dollars or 2 rounds of golf at 4 courses not including $25 cartt fees each.

Those are better HHI offers than I last remember being pitched to do a presentation there.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
We did both, back to back. LOL. We also did one at NCV in May and one at Shadow Rige in Jan.

Is the popular (kinder) term for a presentation 'regular' being a 'points hound'? I know I'm the same way and take every decent incentive they offer for a presentation. For HHI, I would have taken the experience dollars. That would be a lot of eating out for us.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those are better HHI offers than I last remember being pitched to do a presentation there.
I think those are the same offers we had this summer at HHI. To get the max you had to schedule ahead of time. If you did you got a $50 bonus for all other options IIRC.

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I've done a number of uncompensated tours over the years.

I did one of these last summer, and it worked out perfectly. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I got the questions answered and was back in the pool before I ever dried off.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think those are the same offers we had this summer at HHI. To get the max you had to schedule ahead of time. If you did you got a $50 bonus for all other options IIRC.
Yep, the extra $50 was for scheduling ahead. We took experience dollars for both presentations.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is the popular (kinder) term for a presentation 'regular' being a 'points hound'? I know I'm the same way and take every decent incentive they offer for a presentation. For HHI, I would have taken the experience dollars. That would be a lot of eating out for us.
We have alot of points now and with points devaluation we take either experience dollars or free golf.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did one of these last summer, and it worked out perfectly. I was in and out in about 20 minutes. I got the questions answered and was back in the pool before I ever dried off.
If you do many you'll find some work better than others. Sometimes they'll hardly give you the time of day and/or purposefully make you wait.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steven,
We will be checking in on 10/27, so will likely just miss you. I hope you enjoy your trip and the resort. It is one of our favorites, and I was able to get the Gulf front for this trip. If you like fresh seafood simply prepared, I recommend Leebe Fish. They only cook what they catch that day, but the quality is excellent. We typically get it carryout, and enjoy it on the balcony with a good bottle of wine. Have a great trip.

Are you staying in the new or old section? I think the old section has larger balconies and villas, but I haven't seen the new ones.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steven,
We will be checking in on 10/27, so will likely just miss you. I hope you enjoy your trip and the resort. It is one of our favorites, and I was able to get the Gulf front for this trip. If you like fresh seafood simply prepared, I recommend Leebe Fish. They only cook what they catch that day, but the quality is excellent. We typically get it carryout, and enjoy it on the balcony with a good bottle of wine. Have a great trip.

Are you staying in the new or old section? I think the old section has larger balconies and villas, but I haven't seen the new ones.

I'm not sure where our room will be but I have a 3BR Pool Side reserved. I requested West Facing for a chance to see the gulf. I'll keep Leebe Fish in mind.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where our room will be but I have a 3BR Pool Side reserved. I requested West Facing for a chance to see the gulf. I'll keep Leebe Fish in mind.
You will be in the new section, and should have a pretty good view of the Gulf. It is further away, but the poolside will all have a West view so you can enjoy the beautiful sunsets.

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had my presentation yesterday and it was pretty much a non event. We spoke with the SE for about 40 minutes. Talking about the usual vacation plans. We then got into my purchase history and why I bought my first week. He was also interested in my external purchases and then pricing I obtained. He didn’t try to sell me anything after looking at my history.

We chatted about the rental market and how he pays for MF’s. Says he has an owner with the equivalent of 105K points and that they rent out 40k of those points to cover their costs.

We still had 50 minutes left in our time and he said he has to keep us there for one reason or another. He left and the wife and I sat there. About 20 minutes later the 2nd guy came in and said he could offer us 10k points in the $6.30 area based off their promotion. This happened to be the pricing level of my last points resale purchase that we talked about. We declined.

The promotion was something like a 2 for 1. Purchase 2 external resale weeks and they get enrolled and points. So probably 6500 points from resale weeks and 3500 points at retail. He said the MF’s would be about 0.46 per point. It was a nice offer, but I don’t need 10k more points at this time.

I couldn’t get the SE to speculate on changes of the program. Not even a little.

Overall, the last 50 minutes were just my wife and I in the room, planning our next trip. The SE never returned when he left at the 40 minute mark.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offering this time was rather low. Choose one of the following.
  • $150 Visa Card
  • 200 Destination Points
  • 15,000 Bonvoy Points
I think this is the lowest offering I have received.

Anything specific I should focus on this round?

Yeah, they just offered us this "deal", so for once, not going. We'll see if they increase their offer once we get there. We'll be there for a week starting Friday, anyone else heading there?

Luvtoride

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Cypress Harbor
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Desert Springs Villas II
Marriott Grande Ocean
We just got $350 In Visa gift cards in Orlando. Good to be used anywhere. Used part of it for a great dinner at Christini’s restaurant in Orlando on Friday night.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they just offered us this "deal", so for once, not going. We'll see if they increase their offer once we get there. We'll be there for a week starting Friday, anyone else heading there?
I will be arriving Sunday for a week with my brother and SIL. We all recently retired, but my wife can't come because she is still working. I hope we can meet when I'm there. This will be my third visit to the resort, but first since the new buildings were completed.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will be arriving Sunday for a week with my brother and SIL. We all recently retired, but my wife can't come because she is still working. I hope we can meet when I'm there. This will be my third visit to the resort, but first since the new buildings were completed.

PM sent.