• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonvoy Amex $40 credit off worked when paying MF's

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Check you Amex offers. I had a $40 credit when spending $200 or more at a Marriott property. I had added the offer but wasn't expecting to use it before it expired. Last week I paid my SBP MF (because they require you to prepay in order to reserve for next year) and I received an email saying that I would be credited $40 if my purchases met the terms. I still wasn't expecting it to actually meet the terms and post but I received by monthly statement and low and behold it did. This was in addition to the automatic $300 Marriott Bonvoy Statement credit.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Can you please confirm you receive $40 Amex credit? I have 3 of these and I will prepaid SBP if you can confirm. Thank you so much :)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Here's my statement:

40credit.JPG

I prepaid maintenance fees last week and saw the $40 credit on my AMEX bill. When does that expire? I may do another one. I wouldn't make $40 in interest by saving the money until January. Also notice the 6X points.

Last edited:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you so much. I will go prepay $600 SVV MF today and get $120 credit back, Amex offer is one main reason I'm still keeping some of my Amex cards.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
I see what you're doing - just prepaying $200 on 3 different weeks. I had to pay the full amount to move next year options into this year. I think I'll do what you're doing for 2 other weeks. Do you know when this expires?

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Not available on my two SPG AMEX card offers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I only had one offer and the offer said it was only applicable once so I am not sure that you will get multiple credits although I did pay 2 they were the same resort. Maybe if you had multiple offers and paid MF for different resorts?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have 3 offers in 3 Amex accounts, myself, wife and my mother. That's how I get 3 offers expiring on Sep-4th.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Lagunamar - Cancun
So, it's a one time only deal. Otherwise I could pay my MF $200 at a time.

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
I purchased a Westin St John Encore package for next May (they are charging me multiple payments until I pay it off); and was surprised to get the $40 credit on my SPG Card. I had selected the $40 credit offer for staying at Marriott, but thought it would only work for an actual stay (I am staying there, but not until next year). The payment was over $200. My hubby has his own SPG Card also... the offer was on his card too. So can I pay some of the MF for Dec? or do you have to pay it all at the same time? They aren't really due until December though, and we're not booking anything more this year. I could try and change the payment for the encore package to his SPG card, but it sounds like a pain in the neck.

Hmmm. Looks like I can start paying the MF fees. Says: Once your current year fees are paid, you may begin making payments toward future year fees. Prepayments that are collected will be applied as a credit to your account and will be reflected on your next billing statement.

So if I pay $220, will I get that credit?

The $40 credit offer on Amex says:

Get a one-time $40 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $200+ on room rate and room charges at participating properties in the Marriott Bonvoy™ portfolio from 6/13/19 to 9/3/19. Book at marriott.com.

I suppose you could consider the MF part of "room rate" for our stays at the property.

I'll give it a try, since I have to pay the MF anyway.

you can only use this once. The offer disappears after you get the credit.

Last edited:

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Okay. I processed the early MF, and a little while later I got a confirmation email from Amex that I had just triggered the offer!
"Great news! You just used your Amex Offer" It says something about "if your purchase meets the offer terms, you will have successfully redeemed the offer". So thanks for that, OP! Hopefully it will go through.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Thanks for this thread. Where do the Amex Offers show up? We have the old SPG card, which I guess is now Bonvoy. Does it show up in an email or when you log into the American Express site? Or should I log into Marriott.com?

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread. Where do the Amex Offers show up? We have the old SPG card, which I guess is now Bonvoy. Does it show up in an email or when you log into the American Express site? Or should I log into Marriott.com?
Login to your account and each of your Amex cards will have am offers selection from the main page. Click view all and you will see the offers specific to your card.

I have multiple cards and they have different offers for each.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

farsighted99

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nanea (Maui)
Okay, so I got the $40 credit today for paying $205 on my MF for Nanea for 2020. Yay! Thanks!

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Oh well, I scrolled through 88 offers, and none of them are for the $40 credit.

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This morning, I just saw another Amex Marriott $60 offer appears on my Amex account. Just want to post it and let everyone know it is back again and this time it's $60 cash back.

NNerland

TUG Member
Reaction score
I saw the offer on my Morgan Stanley American Express Platinum Card; I didn't see it on any other Amex Cards we have (Delta, Marriott Bonvoy Business). But loving the opportunity on our families 4 cards to get this again!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I just have the old card that is the original SPG blue Amex, so I don't see that offer. I still have some fees to pay, unfortunately.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I didn't see the second offer either. I did get a $25 offer as part of my 1 year anniversary with the card.

Seaport104

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like MVC properties are excluded but Vistana properties are not part of the exclusion

OFFER TERMS
Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, the Caribbean, Canada and Mexico. Not valid at Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in Cuba. Reservations must be made online at Marriott.com, via the Marriott Bonvoy™ App or by calling 1-888-236-2427. Excludes the following brands: Marriott Vacation Club®, Edition®, St. Regis® Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott® Hotels, Vistana™, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Marriott Executive Apartments®. Excludes gift card purchases. Not valid for online retail purchases, hotel amenities, or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy™ points. Qualifying purchase means a purchase at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $300 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Excludes the following brands: Marriott Vacation Club®, Edition®, St. Regis® Hotels, The Ritz-Carlton®, The Luxury Collection®, W Hotels®, JW Marriott® Hotels, Vistana™, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Marriott Executive Apartments®.

ski_sierra

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Too many
I got it on one card. Hoping to pay SDO MF with that. I would love to know if it triggers the $60 credit.

duke

TUG Member
Reaction score
The offer is valid until 12/31/19 so please post if it works for MF payments. Thanks.

bbts

TUG Member
Reaction score
It did not work for me. I had the offer on my AMEX card, and made a payment in excess of the $300 required using the AMEX card, but did not receive the promotional credit. The charge appears as "Marriott MVCI Fees" in my AMEX transactions.