• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Secondary market points through Wyndham?

Jzman1p

Reaction score
Someone told me today, that they bought someone's acct through wyndham, and did not have to pay the crazy price. This way the could take advantage of the VIP. Is this possible? It was an owner getting rid of there account but through wyndham..And would this even be worth it to find out how they did it?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
They do sell "resale" points but the costs while reduced from full price they are closer in price to retail than true secondary points. Sometimes they are at resorts that have higher than average MF's so keep that in mind too when deciding if it is a good deal or not. Generally the do get the perks of retail purchases but if you are buying I would make sure that was included in the contract.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes, they are "resale" points - usually positioned as deeds they have foreclosed on..... are still a terrible deal.

My BIL fell for this scam. I have told him for years to never buy from the developer and to only buy resale. Of course he tells that to the sales person during his presentation... and viola.... out comes the "resale" contracts. :doh:

The only plus was that they did count toward VIP status.

Last edited:

Jzman1p

Reaction score
That's what I thought, just the VIP part was the only reason I would ever think about it mostly the upgrades for less points..thanks

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
.... are still a terrible deal.
My BIL fell for this scam. I have told him for years to never buy from the developer and to only buy resale. Of course he tells that to the sales person during his presentation... and viola....

The only plus was that they did count toward VIP status.

Another thread discussed this as part of a PIC / Blend purchase to get VIP

PIC’ing a couple of non -Wyndham low MF 3 bedrooms + one of these “developer foreclosures”+ some full priced developer points = VIP for $ 30,000 approx.

Not a first time buyer program .

Elliot

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
palm-aire
i am considering buying Wyndham resale points from owners' market but understand that the usage point system has changed this year and that the Palm-Aire resort i wold have liked to use is now set at 30,000 points per night. Any experience with new system

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The points charts do not change for existing resorts, and no resort has a set nightly amount of points for every night and every season. There is a link in the Wyndham information thread at the top of the forum to the most recent wyndham guide that includes the points charts for every resort.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Another thread discussed this as part of a PIC / Blend purchase to get VIP

PIC’ing a couple of non -Wyndham low MF 3 bedrooms + one of these “developer foreclosures”+ some full priced developer points = VIP for $ 30,000 approx.

Not a first time buyer program .

Actually (2) three bedroom PICs (can be obtained for free or next to nothing on the resale market) and a developer purchase of 98,000 points will get you VIP for around $16k. There are a few first time buyers that I helped with this. It’s definitely something you want to talk with someone who has experience with it before diving in.

No foreclosure or piggy back points purchase required for this scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
There are piggyback contracts that fall into this category - but these are only available at four specific resort locations - Ocean Ridge, Flagstaff, Pagosa Springs and Fairfield Glade IIRC, and to the best of my knowledge are not something telesales can sell at this time. I've also heard about foreclosure or resale contracts, but haven't ever personally come across this category of developer point eligible offers myself, but others on here have.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
i am considering buying Wyndham resale points from owners' market but understand that the usage point system has changed this year and that the Palm-Aire resort i wold have liked to use is now set at 30,000 points per night. Any experience with new system

You’re thinking of Wyndham rewards points, which an entirely separate program from Club Wyndham points. You can use RETAIL bought points for hotel stays by converting them to Wyndham rewards points (for a $99 fee), but a 30,000 Wyndham rewards point per night room would cost you 75,000 Club Wyndham points plus the $99 fee to convert Club Wyndham points to Wyndham rewards points. Not a great use of points and you can only do it every other year. You cannot use resale points for this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vv813

TUG Member
Reaction score
may I ask what is a piggyback contract-thank you

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are piggyback contracts that fall into this category - but these are only available at four specific resort locations - Ocean Ridge, Flagstaff, Pagosa Springs and Fairfield Glade IIRC, and to the best of my knowledge are not something telesales can sell at this time. I've also heard about foreclosure or resale contracts, but haven't ever personally come across this category of developer point eligible offers myself, but others on here have.

Had I known then what I know now, I would have taken up Clearwater's offer for a foreclosed contract for $93/k. I started this piggyback process back in June. I hear that my experience has actually been on the quick side. I am almost there EXCEPT now I won't be receiving 2019 points (yet paying MF) because it is on the second half of the year. Technically this started in the first half of the year.

Now I've been alerted to watch to make sure that it actually codes as developer instead of resale. This was my permanent platinum move. But seeing that my PICS dropped off, I'm staring at Silver and temporary at that. So until that is repaired, I can't even tell how it is going to read. And my salesperson is no longer with the company. Deja Vu.

JJVGHNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
As far as piggyback sites, I've been told several times that there are only 3, and I've been to two:. Edisto Island, SC, Fairfield Glade, TN, and Flagstaff (I haven't been to Flagstaff). I had read here before about Pagosa Springs, and asked at an update in Nashville a few weeks ago, and Pagosa Springs is apparently not a piggyback location. I'm just mentioning in case anyone had the idea to go to Pagosa to buy a piggyback, I'd be sure to check before I went.