• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Snakes in Your Villa!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Oh boy, not good, especially reading about front desk response (if true).

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
In the words of Indiana Jones “I hate snakes.”

Best regards.

Mike

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first response by Sheraton front desk was very poor customer service IMO.
I am also, very please the customer was moved to a new villa. Guess What Sheraton?:mad:
You just lost one customer and their bad snake experience has been shared over the world wide internet.
Are you laughing now?

Last edited:

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our last visit there we noticed a very large gap at the bottom of the door. So I see how this could happen.

this issue should be swiftly remedied at SVV and checked at all the Vistana resorts. That gap probably also means higher cooling costs and the management should have a discussion with the maintenance team to see why this was not looked at before. Can you imagine the bad publicity and the liability if someone died from a snake bite in their room?

The issue with the front desk, they are human too. Just read the comments on any travel site, sometimes the guests come with the most ridiculous claims and it is hard to discern which ones are real and which ones are made up to gain favors from the resort. At the same time, this is their job and they should be trained to show empathy in all cases. As a guest it is really aggravating when you not only have a problem, you also see the resort staff looking like they do not believe you or they do not care.

"The Sheraton Vistana Resort on I-Drive moved them to a different room which was free of snakes." lol they got upgraded.

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
This happened at SVR asccording to the report, not SVV. Which resort was it actually?

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
We've noticed that many housekeepers keep the doors open with the security latch while they're inside cleaning. If so, it would be easy to a snake to slip in to get out of the hot Florida sun. I'm not sure what resort it was (SVV is on I Drive), but it could happen anywhere there's water. My sister lives in the Tampa area and says they keep their garage door closed to avoid snake entries. It could happen anywhere at ground level.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This happened at SVR asccording to the report, not SVV. Which resort was it actually?
It is hard to tell, but I think it was SVV. While they say SVR in the video, they reference it being on IDrive.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess what we have and you kind find snakes in Virginia everywhere IMO.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Haven't found a snake in a timeshare yet but have seen many geckos on my tropical ceilings .

Bill

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Reminds me of the huge surprise that there was an alligator in the 7 Seas Lagoon, and a little kid was attacked.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
There was a report a few years ago of a snake in a room at Disney’s Contemporary resort (it was laying stretched out on top of a curtain valance/cornice board and had laid eggs). Saw the pictures on the disboards. Yikes! A sick teenage girl confined to bed from a virus noticed something dark moving across the top of the curtain. Talk about eebie jeebies.

Last edited:

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Pfft. If you live in Florida and you are terrified of snakes....you really should move.

It's like being petrified of mosquitos living in Minnesota.
Or fried foods in Louisiana
you get it...

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Years ago when I was a Courtesey clerk at Safeway in San Jose,California work was being done in a lot across the street putting in a new KFC. We had automatic doors for both entering and leaving. As a female customer was entering thru the automatic door a gopher snake slithered over one of her feet. I don't think I've ever heard such yelling as most of us in the store thought she got her foot stuck in the door. I grabbed the snake,walked across the street and let it go in the lot. We were glad the women wasn't injured but took us all a while to make sense of it. As far as the store it was all the talk was about for a few days.
Bart

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I'm terrified of snakes so no matter how common they are, it won't make me any less scared of them. We didn't have snakes but tarantula hawks in Cabo (Google them) that came in under the gap in the door. Those gaps need to be fixed to keep the creepy-crawlies out!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I am constantly picking black racers out of my chicken coop nest boxes. They love eggs.
Nothing like grabbing a six footer with 3 eggs in his gut.
Don't let the eggs land on your shoes.....ask me how I know.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
We had a huge milk snake in our dining room once and we had regular, on going visits from ring necks. I hate snakes and most reptiles, with a few exceptions.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh.....I'm fine if one slithers by, but I wouldn't want one in my room. Even just reading this will make me look for them next time we are in a first floor unit. We have only encountered 3 on vacations.
2 were like this big black one. One at Saratoga Springs on a walkway outside of room and one at Harbor Lake on the mini golf course.
The 3rd was in Sedona, a wild rattler that founds its way into the Bobcat area. The cat was trying to play with it.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I am constantly picking black racers out of my chicken coop nest boxes. They love eggs.
Nothing like grabbing a six footer with 3 eggs in his gut.
Don't let the eggs land on your shoes.....ask me how I know.
I'll bite (pun intended) how do ya know? :)

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm terrified of snakes so no matter how common they are, it won't make me any less scared of them. We didn't have snakes but tarantula hawks in Cabo (Google them) that came in under the gap in the door. Those gaps need to be fixed to keep the creepy-crawlies out!
They exist here in our area! Which makes sense because we have tarantulas and roadrunners (to which they are prey). A tarantula hawk landed on our back patio about 10 years ago. Our son saw it land and went outside and killed it. Then he looked it up. Yikes!!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
They exist here in our area! Which makes sense because we have tarantulas and roadrunners (to which they are prey). A tarantula hawk landed on our back patio about 10 years ago. Our son saw it land and went outside and killed it. Then he looked it up. Yikes!!
I didn't want to know that!! Rattlesnakes and scorpions are enough!

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
I'll bite (pun intended) how do ya know? :)

Well, I don't have pictures, because you can't hold a six foot snake and take pictures of your yolk-covered footwear at the same time.
Let's just say that dried eggs do not come off your trainers very well....
upload_2019-10-25_8-11-54.png
upload_2019-10-25_8-18-47.png

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to know that!! Rattlesnakes and scorpions are enough!
We had a tarantula hawk in our backyard for 3 summers in a row. I don't know that it was the same one, but we regularly saw one for 3 years. I've never seen a tarantula in my yard. The first time we saw it, we were in the pool and seemed like it was coming after us. We didn't know what it was at the time, but could see the massive stinger and we actually ran into the house.

The only other place I've seen one was in the Penasquitos canyon trail to the waterfall. Meanwhile, I've only seen a rattlesnake once the entire time I've lived in the area.