• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Margaritaville Las Vegas @ Desert Blue

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA
Interesting. What are the benefits of Margaritaville that would make me want to own it instead of just Desert Blue.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Every margaritaville room comes equipped with a Margarita Machine! Such an awesome feature!

But seriously the only reason to buy Margaritaville instead of club Wyndham would be to get ARP at all the Margaritaville locations

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
MF are higher than CWA at the moment.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Interesting. What are the benefits of Margaritaville that would make me want to own it instead of just Desert Blue.

Maintenance fees are definitely higher then Desert Blue, so I would only get it if you want to stay at any Margaritaville resort. Right now any owner can book Rio Mar and a Saint Thomas five months out. Pigeon Forge is not part of that and I am not sure about Nashville. The new resorts probably won’t be available to non-VIP owners either. So if you’re not VIP and want access to all the Margaritaville resorts, or want better booking privileges then VIP, then buy the Margaritaville points. If neither of those apply to you, but something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Every margaritaville room comes equipped with a Margarita Machine! Such an awesome feature!

But seriously the only reason to buy Margaritaville instead of club Wyndham would be to get ARP at all the Margaritaville locations

I've got a reservation at the one in Nashville in February and will try to remember to post a review of the margarita machine, but I can get a blender from Amazon for less than $20.... In any case, I kind of like my margaritas on the rocks instead of blended (less dilution).

Gotta agree on the only reason to buy there being the ARP, though there may be issues with non-VIP access. Might be better off just ordering the blender....

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Maintenance fees are definitely higher then Desert Blue, so I would only get it if you want to stay at any Margaritaville resort. Right now any owner can book Rio Mar and a Saint Thomas five months out. Pigeon Forge is not part of that and I am not sure about Nashville. The new resorts probably won’t be available to non-VIP owners either. So if you’re not VIP and want access to all the Margaritaville resorts, or want better booking privileges then VIP, then buy the Margaritaville points. If neither of those apply to you, but something else.

Rio Mar, St. Thomas and Nashville are the 3 official MVC resorts and I have full access to all 5 months out as 100% CWS resale, so I don't see other ones being blocked out. Pidgeon Forge is a hotel, not a MVC property.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Rio Mar, St. Thomas and Nashville are the 3 official MVC resorts and I have full access to all 5 months out as 100% CWS resale, so I don't see other ones being blocked out. Pidgeon Forge is a hotel, not a MVC property.

You’re right about the hotel part, but there is Margaritaville inventory there. It’s on the website as Margaritaville and in the Margaritaville member guide.
e217e7b8edabf8add537f048a5b5b8b8.jpg

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Wyndham leased some units to help sell Margaritaville when it was new to Wyndham. I see them disappearing from there in the future. Maybe when Nashville comes online?

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a couple of reservations yesterday and the emails came through as Margaritaville.

We are delighted to confirm your reservation for a neon getaway at Margaritaville Vacation Club by Wyndham - Desert Blue. It won’t be long until you’re lounging, playing and enjoying the resort!

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I've got a reservation at the one in Nashville in February and will try to remember to post a review of the margarita machine, but I can get a blender from Amazon for less than $20.... In any case, I kind of like my margaritas on the rocks instead of blended (less dilution).

Gotta agree on the only reason to buy there being the ARP, though there may be issues with non-VIP access. Might be better off just ordering the blender....

The Margaritaville machine is actually really nice. We have one at home but we also enjoy them more on the rocks so we only use maybe twice a year. It will pretty much shave the ice like you get from the restaurants and not have to keep blending until its half water like a cheap blender. And it stores the ice and you just select how much ice you want and it feeds it into the blender so it makes it easier to be consistent drink to drink

You can also select how long it shaves so you can compensate for the type of ice you have. Once you have it dialed in it's really nice

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
You’re right about the hotel part, but there is Margaritaville inventory there. It’s on the website as Margaritaville and in the Margaritaville member guide.
e217e7b8edabf8add537f048a5b5b8b8.jpg

Well yes OFFICIALLY there is inventory there. But in fact there are 6 rooms ONLY that are allocated to Wyndham 5 studios and single 1 BR unit. All preassigned with interior views and no hope to upgrade to a better view. But there is inventory LOL.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I think Wyndham leased some units to help sell Margaritaville when it was new to Wyndham. I see them disappearing from there in the future. Maybe when Nashville comes online?

No they sold the inventory so it wasn’t leased. I found a Margaritaville Pigeon Forge resale contract for sale a little while ago. No surprise that it’s still there. They want over $18k for it.

https://www.fidelityresales.com/margaritaville-island-hotel-pigeon-forge/unit/5005045

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
No they sold the inventory so it wasn’t leased. I found a Margaritaville Pigeon Forge resale contract for sale a little while ago. No surprise that it’s still there. They want over $18k for it.

https://www.fidelityresales.com/margaritaville-island-hotel-pigeon-forge/unit/5005045

I seen one sell on Ebay for a couple hundred. I was trying to bid on and waited until the last second. Unfortunately I was driving at the time and was out of service when bid time came. I wanted Margaritaville access without the hurricane assessment possible at St Thomas or Puerto Rico

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The margaritaville machines are way better than a cheap blender! I have one at home
And absolutely love it! It shaved the ice and blends the drink and gets just the right mix every single time! So good!!

I would book a Margaritaville unit just for the machine or anything (I have been known to bring mine with me on vaca before though if we are driving.)

The 5 month access to Margaritaville that is currently available to non-VIP owners is not guaranteed, it’s currently available but that could of course change at anytime if Wyndham feels like it. They did it solely to increase occupancy.

They really need to expanded Margaritaville resorts to more islands and beach locations!! I mean Vegas and Atlanta might be nice, but they don’t exactly fit the Margaritaville picture the same way Puerto Rico and St. Thomas do! How about some other islands like St. Kitts & Aruba & Barbados?? Or even mainland beaches like Florida or California?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I just made a reservation at the Nashville Margaritaville in mid-March for the SEC basketball tournament. I’m VIP Silver and noticed that I could see inventory through April. The only room type available was a studio (basically a hotel room), no studio deluxe (separate bedroom and living areas) which is what I would have preferred.

It’s just a couple of blocks from the arena and will be a lot more convenient than Wyndham Nashville where I also have a reservation for a 1 bedroom. I want to wait and read some of the reviews for Margaritaville before I cancel that one. It is 53k points for 4 nights versus 100k for 4 nights at Margaritaville. However, we won’t have to drive back at midnight after the games and everything we need will be within walking distance. The biggest problem for us is that I usually get up before my wife and it’s nice to be able to go make coffee and sit in another room until she wakes up. She said I can just get up and go to the onsite Starbucks until she wakes up and that works for me.

I’m looking forward to the trip even though it’s several months away still. I hope we like Margaritaville because they are also building one in Atlanta near the Mercedes Benz stadium where we usually go to games a couple times a year. I only have Wyndham points so access may become an issue in the future if they reduce the reservation window.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
They are adding 300 rooms in Orlando at some point too, but no official announcements. Idk if it will include free waterpark access. For reference though, bonnet creek has 1100 units.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I personally would book The Grand Desert for less points with a better location. I also can say the resort is staffed with some of the best. The Sales weasels are another subject but you can always decline the sales presentation.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Ever since Desert Blue opened every time I'm planning our trips to Vegas we talk about staying there since we are PR owners but never do. As Dominic says Grand Desert has a better location. Also when we are in Vegas we spend very little time in the unit so I have a hard time justifying using more points to stay at Desert Blue.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ever since Desert Blue opened every time I'm planning our trips to Vegas we talk about staying there since we are PR owners but never do. As Dominic says Grand Desert has a better location. Also when we are in Vegas we spend very little time in the unit so I have a hard time justifying using more points to stay at Desert Blue.

I'm looking forward to our visit. I think that it was around 10k points per night. Not horrible for the 3 bedroom PR that we have (or at least what I booked.)

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Been there. While it is nice, it’s not worth the extra points.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Been there. While it is nice, it’s not worth the extra points.

I agree! Desert Blue newer and very nice but The Grand Desert has a better location, 3 pools ( 1 for adults only), top notch staff and a lot less points needed.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree! Desert Blue newer and very nice but The Grand Desert has a better location, 3 pools ( 1 for adults only), top notch staff and a lot less points needed.
And much easier to get into too..

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The advantage of Desert Blue is if you need a larger unit than just a two bedroom. They are hard to come by at Grand Desert if you aren't booking way far out and want more than just two or three nights in the same unit.

This past Spring someone I know called me while they were visiting family in Arizona. It had been a spur of the moment trip to visit her cousin in Arizona because they found dirt cheap airfare in and out of Vegas. If I could find them something they wanted to treat the cousin and her family to the last two nights of their visit with them to a nice place in Vegas as thanks for having them and entertaining them so well. They were thrilled that I found them a three bedroom presidential at Desert Blue so both of their families, 4 adults and 5 kids, could be together in the same unit. They absolutely loved the unit and the resort. They called me to rave about it and had me put the call on video so they could do a walk around to show me the unit while we talked since we'd never stayed there. They own DVC points and stay at Animal Kingdom three times a year. I've suggested they consider buying some Wyndham points to supplement their DVC points but they were never interested until they stayed at Desert Blue in that three bedroom presidential!

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
The advantage of Desert Blue is if you need a larger unit than just a two bedroom. They are hard to come by at Grand Desert if you aren't booking way far out and want more than just two or three nights in the same unit.

This past Spring someone I know called me while they were visiting family in Arizona. It had been a spur of the moment trip to visit her cousin in Arizona because they found dirt cheap airfare in and out of Vegas. If I could find them something they wanted to treat the cousin and her family to the last two nights of their visit with them to a nice place in Vegas as thanks for having them and entertaining them so well. They were thrilled that I found them a three bedroom presidential at Desert Blue so both of their families, 4 adults and 5 kids, could be together in the same unit. They absolutely loved the unit and the resort. They called me to rave about it and had me put the call on video so they could do a walk around to show me the unit while we talked since we'd never stayed there. They own DVC points and stay at Animal Kingdom three times a year. I've suggested they consider buying some Wyndham points to supplement their DVC points but they were never interested until they stayed at Desert Blue in that three bedroom presidential!

The 3 bedroom presidential is what we stayed in during the owners meeting last year. It’s defiantly nice, but I think Bonnet’s are nicer. For someone who has no previous experience with Bonnet, it is very nice. Was a bit on the small side. I’m used to staying in larger rooms. It was more then fine for just the three of us though.