• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Bonnet Creek not taking requests from guests

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Anyone hear anything about this? I had a guest pre-register yesterday and Bonnet Creek would not take a request from them for a tower or view. I called and BC confirmed. They said they are at capacity and thus not taking requests from guests at this time. They said that policy had been in effect for a few days.

Is that a sales tactic - only owners can make requests? A new low. Seriously? Not even attempt to accommodate a request from a guest?

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
What do you mean by pre-registering? Arriving early on the day of check-in?

If the resort is full and a guest's request won't be honored, why should it take the request? Even as an owner, unless I request a specific unit when I book the reservation, a request is just that.

I guess I don't understand what is the problem. We all know that guests don't have much standing at Wyndham resorts.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Anyone hear anything about this? I had a guest pre-register yesterday and Bonnet Creek would not take a request from them for a tower or view. I called and BC confirmed. They said they are at capacity and thus not taking requests from guests at this time. They said that policy had been in effect for a few days.

Is that a sales tactic - only owners can make requests? A new low. Seriously? Not even attempt to accommodate a request from a guest?

If a resort is at capacity, I would expect them to put owners first. People who rent from owners do not pay maintenance fees at any resort, or pay program fees, so why should they get to make special requests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
A couple of years ago, prior to acquiring our resale contracts, we were at BC on a rental stay during spring break. At check in I asked for water view like I had in the past, but was asked if we were owners or renting. I was politely told that they were at resort capacity and could only take requests from owners. I wasn't offended. It made sense to me.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
People who rent from owners do not pay maintenance fees at any resort, or pay program fees, so why should they get to make special requests?

I understand putting Owners first but saying Renters don't pay MFs is lame. When a Renter pays rent to an Owner he/she has paid the MF as part of the rent he pays Owner. No need to gin up excuses to justify putting Owners first. They should be because they are Owners. End of story...

George

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I am a VIPP and in fact own a block of points at BC itself. Even pre-selecting the room number, which is suppose to be a VIP perk, and putting in a verbal request means squat at BC. In fact I have found that the reverse is true, I have found that the less I request the better the room.

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners first, renters second when it comes to unit requests. That's common sense. The owner had the capital outlay where as the renter doesn't, even though the renter is renting from an owner in most cases. And the request can only be honored if the specific unit is available and the reservation timeline fits in the flow at the time of check-in.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I have always suggested to renters (and other owners on our account) that they pre-register. I believe any resort will do so. I am very careful not to set any unrealistic expectations. Requests from guests are not taken until the day of checkin and must be done in person and they are not guaranteed (that has been my understanding or years). Of course there are exceptions (families traveling together or someone needed a handicap accessible room). They can use the facilities while they wait (or leave) and they will be called when their room is ready. It makes for a much smoother registration all the way around (I'm sure for a resort as well (why have people line up at 4pm))?

I am not suggesting or implying they would jump ahead of any owner's request. An owner is allowed to make requests any time after they've booked a room. If you have a guest that prefers tower 1 or fireworks versus tower 6 or lake view why wouldn't you want to take that into consideration ?Any time (for an owner or a guest) a request is taken Wyndham (at least one time) will tell you it can't be guaranteed.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I understand putting Owners first but saying Renters don't pay MFs is lame. When a Renter pays rent to an Owner he/she has paid the MF as part of the rent he pays Owner. No need to gin up excuses to justify putting Owners first. They should be because they are Owners. End of story...

George

They didn’t make a commitment to Wyndham. They didn’t pay for those points and don’t continue to pay maintenance fees. That money they pay, pays for the maintenance fees for only those points used, not all the owners points points. The owner has more of a stake. The renter uses it and moves on. They have no skin in the game so to speak.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I was at Bonnet creek last Monday to Wednesday and it was dead there. I got a 35% off discount and free upgrade from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom as per my request. I'm resale only. They honored my request even though I paid pennies for my membership. It was 19,500 resale points instead of 45,200.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was at Bonnet creek last Monday to Wednesday and it was dead there. I got a 35% off discount and free upgrade from 1 bedroom to 2 bedroom as per my request. I'm resale only. They honored my request even though I paid pennies for my membership. It was 19,500 resale points instead of 45,200.

I thought you get upgrade and discount if you are a VIP only.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

They occasionally do specials on resorts. Sometimes it’s last minute inventory. Sometimes it only on specific room types. The discount was likely from one of the specials they are running. The upgrade likely happened when they checked in.

You can find the specials on the Deals and Offers page under the Benefits section of the website.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

Yes, but you’re an owner. You have more skin in the game then someone who paid a few hundred dollars on a weekend rental. You made a finical commitment. Plus, they have no way of knowing if you bought resale or retail. Even if they did, I still think they would give you priority over someone just renting.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score

They have had this policy in the past. Not sure if how well or how much it was enforced.

For years, people have been calling ahead requesting fireworks views, so I'm sure they're trying to stop this its a big time suck for workers.

The "call ahead game" is popular with Disney resorts, which is why they now charge extra for just about every view or resort location possible.

Because WBC can't charge extra for a fireworks view, eliminating requests is one way to keep the staff working on more pressing matters.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am a VIPP owner and have been to BC many times. They have honored my requests when I reserved a specific room/tower/view at the time of booking, but ONLY if I am staying in the unit. If I loan or rent it out to a guest, all VIP benefits "go away". This means no specific room/tower/view, no early check-in, etc. Actually, this policy has been in effect for at least a couple years, maybe more. If you go to Redweek.com and view rentals for BC units you will notice that the view is listed as "Varies" rather than "Waterview" because the owner can't request a specific unit/tower/view for a guest.

There are a couple possible arguments as to why Wyndham should/should not do this. One is that Wyndham ought to "roll out the red carpet" for guests so they will have a great experience and want to become an owner. The opposing argument is that VIPs are the ones "paying the big bucks" and therefore should get the best rooms/towers/views.

The reality is that at least half of the units are on the back side of the towers, and therefore facing away from the lake and/or fireworks. Whether we agree with Wyndham BC or not, it seems they have a system for determining who gets the better views.

With that said, it never hurts for the guest or an owner to ask for a specific room/tower/view upon check-in.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd add that I've stayed at this resort more than 20 times over the years as a renter or through RCI exchange, and where you end up is pretty much the luck of the draw. I have made requests when I check in a few times and sometimes they have moved me, sometimes not.

There are plenty great views at this resort, so the chances are better of getting a good one than not.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
I am a VIPP owner and have been to BC many times. They have honored my requests when I reserved a specific room/tower/view at the time of booking, but ONLY if I am staying in the unit. If I loan or rent it out to a guest, all VIP benefits "go away". This means no specific room/tower/view, no early check-in, etc. Actually, this policy has been in effect for at least a couple years, maybe more. If you go to Redweek.com and view rentals for BC units you will notice that the view is listed as "Varies" rather than "Waterview" because the owner can't request a specific unit/tower/view for a guest.

There are a couple possible arguments as to why Wyndham should/should not do this. One is that Wyndham ought to "roll out the red carpet" for guests so they will have a great experience and want to become an owner. The opposing argument is that VIPs are the ones "paying the big bucks" and therefore should get the best rooms/towers/views.

The reality is that at least half of the units are on the back side of the towers, and therefore facing away from the lake and/or fireworks. Whether we agree with Wyndham BC or not, it seems they have a system for determining who gets the better views.

With that said, it never hurts for the guest or an owner to ask for a specific room/tower/view upon check-in.

I know you're not advocating anything either way, just presenting possible arguments.

I'm advocating. Wyndham can "roll out the red carpet" for guests who sign up for the ubiquitous sales presentation. When it comes to unit assignment in the resort, guests come last.

I agree -- it never hurts for anyone to ask. But, one of the possible answers is "we're not taking requests." That is a close-out response, especially for a guest.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not true. Many deals can be had even for a resale buyer. Renting from a VIP you can also receive these discounts and upgrades.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know you're not advocating anything either way, just presenting possible arguments.

I'm advocating. Wyndham can "roll out the red carpet" for guests who sign up for the ubiquitous sales presentation. When it comes to unit assignment in the resort, guests come last.

I agree -- it never hurts for anyone to ask. But, one of the possible answers is "we're not taking requests." That is a close-out response, especially for a guest.
I wish the Nats would of closed out the Astros! They need a win in game 5 or it maybe lights out.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wish the Nats would of closed out the Astros! They need a win in game 5 or it maybe lights out.

It didn't get easier this afternoon. Max Scherzer is all locked up with back spasms. Joe Ross is starting.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
It didn't get easier this afternoon. Max Scherzer is all locked up with back spasms. Joe Ross is starting.
Oh boy. They looked great the first 2. Need a win in game 5 but its a 3 game series now and they can still win the last 2 in Houston. Odds are its a long shot if they don't win 1 at home. Good luck I'm hoping they bring home the championship for The Nat's fans. As a Indians fan I know the pain of getting there and not winning.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh boy. They looked great the first 2. Need a win in game 5 but its a 3 game series now and they can still win the last 2 in Houston. Odds are its a long shot if they don't win 1 at home. Good luck I'm hoping they bring home the championship for The Nat's fans. As a Indians fan I know the pain of getting there and not winning.
How in the world did this topic go to ⚾,