• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

My good deed for the day

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I do not use Facebook "the regular way". Cliff and one friend who signed up a year or so after I did (so OK, friend me) are my only friends. I despise seeing photos of the people Cliff and Josh MIGHT know float across my screen every day (unless it is a pet picture, then that's fine!). I use Facebook to look at five Diamond Resorts boards, one Worldmark board, DraperyPro (even though I retired last year) and the San Pedro board. I never look at the weird stream of crap that randomly floats by. But I do really enjoy the board format, catching up at least once a day.

Today I was able to find a new home for a reservation, and help someone out at the same time. My back problems have reared up, meaning although I CAN walk, I don't want to. Yesterday we were all packed for the almost four hour drive to San Luis Bay Inn in Avila Beach CA. Strike one, I have walking issues. Strike two, I woke up with my first migraine in a couple years. Strike three, the freaking 405 is closed because of fire, so we have to find our way around that along with people who are trying to do more important things than go on vacation.

Called the resort to tell them we wouldn't check in until Tuesday, and in the meantime put it out on the Diamond US Friends board that anyone who wanted the reservation could have it. Didn't get any takers yesterday, but woke up today to someone from the fire area to our north wanting to get away from having no electricity. I call that a win/win! And now I can have the plumber come this week instead of next to replace the leaking cast iron pipe in the basement, good times!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
That’s awesome. I am sure the taker is thrilled!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Faith, you've been having a time of it lately. I hope life settles down for you soon! Rest and get well. :)

Dave

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Hope you feel better soon and your basement plumbing issue gets resolved. Nice that you were able to help one of those poor people in California out.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Faith how nice of you, and I would be your Facebook friend

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now that was a good deed. Now our fellow Tuggers needs to pass it own.
I did something very odd for my character about 30 minutes ago. I gave a homeless man some money to buy a meal. That was my good deed for tonight. Yes! I took him to McDonald and he did purchase a meal.
Good night. Ronald McDonald.:D

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Lovely story but one thing amazes me... you live in California and have a basement??????

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Lovely story but one thing amazes me... you live in California and have a basement??????

I figured someone would make this comment on the Halloween thread! We are on a bit of a hill and have a split level house -- main living area is upstairs. Downstairs is garage and my 20x20 office is at the back through the garage to a door at the back right. In the back left is a door that opens into a small storage area and a Harry Potter closet that angles under the front steps. Then there is a second door that you step up to on a Rubbermaid one-step step stool. That area has the two HVAC systems (my office has a separate system), and tons of storage. When we moved in there was just a semi-wide aisle of concrete with storage on the left wall and to the right was just the dirt under the house. We had our contractor double the size of the aisle, and then wall off the dirt creating a deep shelving area for my Christmas stuff on the right and a wall behind that so there is no longer any visible dirt. There is a short door on the far end to access the dirt area (cable guy seems to need access there). So it's a basement in our mind because it is under the house, but it is not below ground level.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I grew up in California. Yes, it's unusual to have a basement. But, both my grandparents and my great aunt and uncles had homes with basements.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did something very odd for my character about 30 minutes ago. I gave a homeless man some money to buy a meal. That was my good deed for tonight. Yes! I took him to McDonald and he did purchase a meal.
On my way into the grocery store today, there was a guy with a dog and a sign asking for money. I took him a bag of dog food.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I just got the nicest "thank you" phone call from the woman who took our unit! She was so appreciative of being able to have not only electricity but a fifth floor ocean view room. We traded a few sales weasel stories (they were told they would have a 50K special assessment in the Hawaii collection to get them to change to the US collection, I think she said this happened in Tahoe) and had a very nice chat. I am so glad our reservation didn't go to waste!

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
That is a good deed. Mine are more mundane, like...
When I hang back just a bit in traffic so a fool in a hurry can cut in front of me.