• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

10 month window summer Myrtle Beach

markel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Myrtle Beach an area that you can generally get a 7 night summer reservation using the 10 month window? Also, say I own 154K pts. in the NC mountains and purchase 105K in Myrtle Beach, how does that work? Would I have to wait until 10 months out since the MB points are less then the Mountains points? Thanks in advance.

Mark

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Myrtle Beach an area that you can generally get a 7 night summer reservation using the 10 month window? Also, say I own 154K pts. in the NC mountains and purchase 105K in Myrtle Beach, how does that work? Would I have to wait until 10 months out since the MB points are less then the Mountains points? Thanks in advance.

Mark

Yes 10 months out at pretty much any resort in myrtle beach should have availability. I am currently looking at June which is 10 months out and summer, Ocean Blvd, and the whole month has alot of availablity.

Points are points and can be used anywhere at 10 months out, and at your home resort 13 months out. So if we use your example, 154k can be used at NC 13 months out, and 105k can be used in myrtle beach at 13 months out, but combine them they can be used anywhere 10 months out.

so basically, buy points with the lowest MF attached. around $5 more or less per 1000 is fine.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Mark,

Myrtle Beach is an area where you might get a 7 night summer reservation using the 10 month window; but you would have to accept the left-over space after all owners at Myrtle Beach who want too have exercised their ARP privilege at any of the Wyndham Myrtle Beach resorts. My best guess is that the best of the best will have been grabbed and oceanfront availability is going to be minimal if available at all.

Yes! Wyndham Westwinds and Wyndham Cottages owners have access to Seawatch, Towers on the Grove and Ocean Boulevard at the start of the ARP period; but almost all others have to wait until the first day of the ten month window.

If you own 154K pts. in the NC mountains and purchase 105K in Myrtle Beach your 105K at Myrtle Beach can be used during the ARP period to snag a UNIT worth 105K; but your 154K points tied to a resort in the Mountains can only be used after the ten month window opens.

If you combine the points to get a larger UNIT or a UNIT on the Ocean Front you will have to compete with all other owners who could not exercise ARP at Myrtle Beach, SC.

Goofyhobbie

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
siesta,

Although we can currently see June Inventory at Wyndham Ocean Boulevard; Westwinds, Towers on the Grove, Seawatch and the Cottages, the pickings are either very costly or very slim for the seven days of Week 25 (beginning June 17 - 19) which is the start of Summer and the first and currently only available SUMMER Week within the Standard Reservation Window.

As we get into the most popular weeks, the Summer PRIME WEEKS pickings will be even slimmer primarily because all schools will be out and experienced Wyndham Owners will have made their reservations.

But, there very well may be some availability for July and early August 2011 in the tenth month of the Standard Reservation period as we move through September, 2010 and early October, 2010 because of folks hesistant to make a committment in today's economy.

HenryT

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cypress Pt, Eastern Slope Inn, HRA, SBP, WSJ, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Veranda Beach Club, HGVC Hurricane House, Wyndham: Long Wharf, Royal Vista, & SeaWatch Plantation.
I was online right at 7am eastern on 8/18 looking for 2 bedroom units at SeaWatch Plantation for 6/18/2011 and there were no units available. Looks like people put in reservations starting 6/17/2011 to make sure they got a unit. I was afraid this would happen but I could not afford the extra points required to book for 8 nights (I am having a family reunion and I needed multiple units for Sat to Sat). I was able to get 3 units at Westwind though. As of today (8/25) there are no units available for 6/18 check-in at either SeaWatch, Westwinds or Towers on the Grove.

I think what else happens is that owners at the non-SeaWatch Myrtle Beach resorts book SeaWatch during ARP because SeaWatch requires less points than Ocean Blvd and is more desirable than Westwinds and the Cottages. Since I own some points at seaWatch I was able to book one unit there during ARP. I really don't like the fact that the non-Seawatch Myrtle Beach resorts can get ARP at SeaWatch.

The bottom line is if you are looking for a summer week at SeaWatch during the 10 month reservation period I would book a day earlier than you want to check in to increase your odds of getting in. In particular, If you want a Saturday check-in either spend the extra points and get a Friday check-in for 7 nights or for 8 nights.

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Seawatch goes first because it requires the fewest points so that is where owners book if they intend to rent. Myrtle Beach in the summer used to be difficult to get at 10 months, but the opening of Towers on the Grove has taken a little pressure off the inventory. Gold and Platinum VIPs get 1 or 2 (1 Gold, 2 Platinum) 11 month advance reservation benefits outside of their home resort, but Myrtle Beach in the summer is the only blackout restriction on that.

Reaction score
Does anyone know if this tread is still applicable for 2019? I’m looking to purchase and I’ve spent quite a bit of time researching, but because we want Ocean Blvd in value season (September) I have no idea if a 10 month booking window will be fine to just get the lowest MF on the market, or if I will really need to get a deed at Myrtle Beach/CWA to be able to have the 13 APR... if 10 months is a fine booking window for Ocean Blvd or the grove in value season, then I will get the lowest MF I can find (so far Bali for $4.3), but if I need the 13 APR then I have to look for the lowest Myrtle Beach there is or an basic CWA. I’m still new, and still learning, but I’ve seriously studied this stuff for hours and hours on end to learn everything I can before I purchase. The attached picture is currently what I’m juggling for options, anything with a MF higher than CWA gets chucked. I know we need at least 250/300k points for our travel needs; 120k of which is specifically for Myrtle Beach in September.

Can anyone chime in? I’ve been in my own head with all this, and even reading every TUG post that I can, it’s a lot of information to sort out :ponder:

0F0AA2C4-90FA-4CF0-A88A-9D3EBE0EC8E6.png

Last edited:

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Does anyone know if this tread is still applicable for 2019? I’m looking to purchase and I’ve spent quite a bit of time researching, but because we want Ocean Blvd in value season (September) I have no idea if a 10 month booking window will be fine to just get the lowest MF on the market, or if I will really need to get a deed at Myrtle Beach/CWA to be able to have the 13 APR... if 10 months is a fine booking window for Ocean Blvd or the grove in value season, then I will get the lowest MF I can find (so far Bali for $4.3), but if I need the 13 APR then I have to look for the lowest Myrtle Beach there is or an basic CWA. I’m still new, and still learning, but I’ve seriously studied this stuff for hours and hours on end to learn everything I can before I purchase. The attached picture is currently what I’m juggling for options, anything with a MF higher than CWA gets chucked. I know we need at least 250/300k points for our travel needs; 120k of which is specifically for Myrtle Beach in September.

Can anyone chime in? I’ve been in my own head with all this, and even reading every TUG post that I can, it’s a lot of information to sort out :ponder:

View attachment 14821

You’re already way ahead of most people. It can be overwhelming. Value (sometimes called Quiet) season is the least busy times. Less demand. So the 10 month window will be more then enough to book value season. If you wanted Daytona Bike week, or Bonnet Creek in a four bedroom presidential over Christmas, if say get deeded points, or CWA if it’s a CWA resort and book 13 months out. You don’t need that with Value season.

Canterbury, Bali Hai (UDI only), Steamboat springs, Panama City and National Harbor are the lowest. National Harbor is getting an 8.57% maintenance fee increase next year thanks to some tax hikes that they are currently fighting. It’s at $4.60 per 1,000 starting in 2020. I cannot speak for the others. Have not gotten anything from Bali Hai yet. Bali Hai is an odd ball resort in that it has both UDI and converted fixed week contracts. So the maintenance fees there vary. The converted fixed weeks are higher but they are still considered low maintenance fee. There is a sticky thread for 2017 maintenance fees that has a spreadsheet that lists the maintenance fees for a lot of resorts. From there, you can deduce which are the lowest. Then look at the 2018 or 2019 thread to see if there are updated numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
Wow you are so far ahead of most folks considering Wyndham it's not even funny. I own one of the lowest maintenance fee contracts at Ocean Blvd for 220,500 pts and plan to buy some more to get more nights in bigger rooms at peak times. Remember owning any Myrtle Beach contract get's you 13 month ARP at most all Wyndham Resorts in Myrtle Beach and that is a really cool benefit and might be worth considering if you want certain bigger rooms at peak times in Myrtle Beach. There are other low maintenance fee resorts at Myrtle Beach as well.

Check the Point Charts of the other Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts as that may also change how many points you want to have. Ocean Blvd is more on the expensive side of points.

Also I own contracts at Clearwater and Bonnet Creek specifically for ARP and this is mainly as I want big presidential suites at peak times, but if I were more flexible in my travels and may get there as my kids get older...I might consider picking lowest maintenance fee contracts but for now I'm following the "buy where you want to go" philosophy. It's not for everyone...but I like getting what i want when I want it.

Also owning multiple resale contracts may "diversify your maintenance fee portfolio" in that one big jump in a resort's maintenance fee's wouldn't affect all of your points.

Definitely ask around here to see what resorts might need ARP but when you ask those questions be specific on the type of rooms (1 BR Deluxe VS 2 or 3 Bedroom Vs 1,2,3, or 4 Bedroom Presidential Suites).

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It also depends on what size unit you want to book. If you’ll be looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom deluxe, vs. a 4 bedroom presidential, you should be fine in September. There are such a small number of the larger presidential units that you’d probably need ARP in any season, but not for the more numerous smaller units.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I watched Myrtle Beach availability for next summer a lot this year because I was trying to get 2 3BR units at SeaWatch, all of the 2BR & 3BR units were gone before the 10 month window every opened, so that one is definitely a tough get in Summer without ARP.

Reaction score
You’re already way ahead of most people. It can be overwhelming. Value (sometimes called Quiet) season is the least busy times. Less demand. So the 10 month window will be more then enough to book value season. If you wanted Daytona Bike week, or Bonnet Creek in a four bedroom presidential over Christmas, if say get deeded points, or CWA if it’s a CWA resort and book 13 months out. You don’t need that with Value season.

Canterbury, Bali Hai (UDI only), Steamboat springs, Panama City and National Harbor are the lowest. National Harbor is getting an 8.57% maintenance fee increase next year thanks to some tax hikes that they are currently fighting. It’s at $4.60 per 1,000 starting in 2020. I cannot speak for the others. Have not gotten anything from Bali Hai yet. Bali Hai is an odd ball resort in that it has both UDI and converted fixed week contracts. So the maintenance fees there vary. The converted fixed weeks are higher but they are still considered low maintenance fee. There is a sticky thread for 2017 maintenance fees that has a spreadsheet that lists the maintenance fees for a lot of resorts. From there, you can deduce which are the lowest. Then look at the 2018 or 2019 thread to see if there are updated numbers.

"Value (sometimes called Quiet) season": So, the seasons in my book are Prime, High, Value, and Quiet. Quiet is all in Dec or January for most places, so I think Value is where I'll be searching to make vacations work.

"National Harbor is getting an 8.57% maintenance fee increase next year thanks to some tax hikes that they are currently fighting. It’s at $4.60 per 1,000 starting in 2020.": That explains why I've been seeing so many National Harbors being unloaded on eBay lol. Thank you for educating me on that!

"There is a sticky thread for 2017 maintenance fees that has a spreadsheet that lists the maintenance fees for a lot of resorts. From there, you can deduce which are the lowest. Then look at the 2018 or 2019 thread to see if there are updated numbers.": I have a 2019 thread from 2019 with the current rates, I got it from TUG somewhere and saved it in my multiple databases.

Thank you very much for your insight, we are very excited to start this journey. It is so hard to hold out knowing that I will find a better deal than what I'm seeing because we want to buy now knowing that the points won't be available to us until next Spring when all is said and done on transferring the deed; and it's also hard passing good deals in the $5 MF range, but I know better deals will come along less than $5 if I'm patient. Seeing as this is a very long commitment that we want to make with our investment, I'm holding out to find the best that I know I can in time. We're just so ready to start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Wow you are so far ahead of most folks considering Wyndham it's not even funny. I own one of the lowest maintenance fee contracts at Ocean Blvd for 220,500 pts and plan to buy some more to get more nights in bigger rooms at peak times. Remember owning any Myrtle Beach contract get's you 13 month ARP at most all Wyndham Resorts in Myrtle Beach and that is a really cool benefit and might be worth considering if you want certain bigger rooms at peak times in Myrtle Beach. There are other low maintenance fee resorts at Myrtle Beach as well.

Check the Point Charts of the other Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts as that may also change how many points you want to have. Ocean Blvd is more on the expensive side of points.

Also I own contracts at Clearwater and Bonnet Creek specifically for ARP and this is mainly as I want big presidential suites at peak times, but if I were more flexible in my travels and may get there as my kids get older...I might consider picking lowest maintenance fee contracts but for now I'm following the "buy where you want to go" philosophy. It's not for everyone...but I like getting what i want when I want it.

Also owning multiple resale contracts may "diversify your maintenance fee portfolio" in that one big jump in a resort's maintenance fee's wouldn't affect all of your points.

Definitely ask around here to see what resorts might need ARP but when you ask those questions be specific on the type of rooms (1 BR Deluxe VS 2 or 3 Bedroom Vs 1,2,3, or 4 Bedroom Presidential Suites).

"Wow you are so far ahead of most folks considering Wyndham it's not even funny.": Thank you! We bought in at HICV on Oct 14 and I was looking up things on how to use it ect when I ended up at TUG. Of course I saw right away that buying developer was the wrong move and we rescinded with one day left (assuming the day you purchase doesn't count in FL, but the contract states"
until midnight of the 10th calendar day following the date of execution of the timeshare purchase contract", so I'm assuming we're good. It's only been 6 days since I mailed and so I'm still waiting to see what happens. I know ya'll are going to ask so I'll just say it now, TUG saved me $20k, and I am eternally grateful that I found you in time. Once I knew we needed to rescind, I started researching other timeshare systems, and Wyndham fits our needs to best barring harassment from sales, which we are prepared to field. I just hope the rest of the staff and Wyndham family treats us nice as opposed to trying to sell us more points all the time. We shall see.

"Remember owning any Myrtle Beach contract get's you 13 month ARP at most all Wyndham Resorts in Myrtle Beach and that is a really cool benefit and might be worth considering if you want certain bigger rooms at peak times in Myrtle Beach. There are other low maintenance fee resorts at Myrtle Beach as well.": I am certainly taking that into considering if I end up buying deeded at Myrtle Beach. By the sounds of it, i don't need to buy needed if I do 10 APR on anything other than Prime. And I just can't justify spending prime points for any stay to be honest. I can draw two more trips out of my points if I go in Value or even High seasons.

"Check the Point Charts of the other Wyndham Myrtle Beach Resorts as that may also change how many points you want to have. Ocean Blvd is more on the expensive side of points.": I compared all Myrtle Beach resorts that are on the ocean (not across the street) and that's how I came down to Ocean Blvd and the Towers at the Grove. We want to be right on the ocean and not have to cross that street. We have stayed at the resort right next door to Ocean Blvd, so we know the layout of the land already. While we know it will save some points to be at other locations in Myrtle Beach, we know we want to be right on the water. The biggest problem for me is that I see many reviews of people saying the booked a 2 BD with a king bed and ended up getting 2 DB beds, I'm not sure how to ensure that I get what I'm paying points for because I will be really distraught if we end up with two double beds for a full week when I paid points to a king... That was the only hang up on trying to pick which ocean front resort between all 3 Ocean Blvd towers and the Grove.

"Also owning multiple resale contracts may "diversify your maintenance fee portfolio" in that one big jump in a resort's maintenance fee's wouldn't affect all of your points.": Noted.

Thank you so much for your input, other people's 2 cents will take me a very long way with knowledge.

drepublic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
VIP Silver, Wyndham Clearwater Beach (326k Developer), Wyndham Bonnet Creek (74k Developer and 269k Resale) Wyndham Ocean Boulevard (220.5k Resale)
I just hope the rest of the staff and Wyndham family treats us nice as opposed to trying to sell us more points all the time. We shall see.

If the resort doesn't require a parking pass for a gate entry (like Bonnet creek) or I few in and took a cab or uber to resort (like Grand Desert in Vegas) I just walk right by the parking pass counter to my room as if they don't even exists and unplug the phone when I get to my room. They'll usually call my cell phone and i just block the number ahead of time. If I have to get a parking pass for gate entry (Clearwater has a gated entry to the parking deck) I treat the sales guys however they treat me and have absolutely no mercy on them. After recent reports from owners I'm going to warn the check in counter that anyone coming to my door unannounced to waste my time will have an exceptionally bad day. I mean I've thought about just making an 8x10 printout with what I have above and just handing it to the check in counter and going straight to my room to save me some time. My goal is to maximize my vacation time ha ha!