• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worst eBay WSJ listing of all time

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Ah well, you might at least tell them that the minute they sell, those banked options evaporate.
Only if this is their only VSE timeshare. With that many SO, they could have other ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Moparman42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas x2
Has anybody thought to ask him to book using his banked staroptions and rent it from him? That's worth more than his asking price right there! Wish I had more vacation time...

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Only if this is their only VSE timeshare. With that many SO, they could have other ones.

That's true. Either way, even if you have another VSE timeshare, you have to call and ask them to make a note in your file that they should transfer your banked SOs to your other VSE or they will take them. Been there, done that.

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
“Second, there are three seasons. Platinum Plus (Weeks 1-18, 51-52), Platinum (Weeks 19-33), and Gold Plus (Weeks 34-50). You own a 2 bedroom for weeks 19-33. That is your home season. To help a fellow timeshare owner out I have included a picture of the StarOptions Chart for WSJ Coral Vista.

Third, the resale owner will only be able to use his points in the Platinum Plus season 19-33”

Just in case anyone is considering this.
Platinum 19-33 owners and Gold plus 34-50 owners can reserve in that combined season 12 months out. Platinum & Gold Plus owners can reserve in Platinum Plus season using HomeOptions (no star options with resale) at 8 months.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
That's true. Either way, even if you have another VSE timeshare, you have to call and ask them to make a note in your file that they should transfer your banked SOs to your other VSE or they will take them. Been there, done that.
Wow, didn't know that. I thought once SO were banked you were good to go. Not surprising VSE finds another way to make things difficult.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
“Second, there are three seasons. Platinum Plus (Weeks 1-18, 51-52), Platinum (Weeks 19-33), and Gold Plus (Weeks 34-50). You own a 2 bedroom for weeks 19-33. That is your home season. To help a fellow timeshare owner out I have included a picture of the StarOptions Chart for WSJ Coral Vista.

Third, the resale owner will only be able to use his points in the Platinum Plus season 19-33”

Just in case anyone is considering this.
Platinum 19-33 owners and Gold plus 34-50 owners can reserve in that combined season 12 months out. Platinum & Gold Plus owners can reserve in Platinum Plus season using HomeOptions (no star options with resale) at 8 months.

That is a little better. On resale they keep that benefit about the other seasons?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is a little better. On resale they keep that benefit about the other seasons?
Yes,

And I purchased a Sunset Bay resale and the homeOption resie came with the sale. thete were no banked star options.
I wonder if this seller made a resie or two, if that would go with the sale???

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
I can't believe that he can't find someplace to use 420,000 StarOptions! Ski Weeks, Mexico, Hawaii, Arizona ...... I could sure find time to use them! He just didn't try hard enough. Did he buy his resale and therefore has to use them only in St. John?

carpie99

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can't believe that he can't find someplace to use 420,000 StarOptions! Ski Weeks, Mexico, Hawaii, Arizona ...... I could sure find time to use them! He just didn't try hard enough. Did he buy his resale and therefore has to use them only in St. John?

Not resale ... I mean he could have taken his entire extended family to Disney even.

It is crazy

blondietink

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs; Sheraton Vistana Villages St. Augustine; Westin Adventuras
Not resale ... I mean he could have taken his entire extended family to Disney even.

It is crazy

Exactly. There is plenty of availability in Florida even during busy times like Christmas vacation, Spring Break, summer, etc. Paying all that in advance and not using it is just crazy. Perhaps he can afford it, but still, a waste of money and StarOptions!

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
That was not we were told at the sales presentation ?! So we were given all wrong information about this nightmare.

The first time learning that timeshare salespeople lie is the most painful.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Resale WSJ-CV HomeResort Options are far from worthless - especially for those that plan to stay in the CV phase during that particular season.
We are coming up on our 14th season.

Excellent Location
Excellent Resort
Excellent Island

Not sure what is wrong with that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Are maintenance fees calculated per point for the Coral Vista HomeOptions? Not per unit size?

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Are maintenance fees calculated per point for the Coral Vista HomeOptions? Not per unit size?
For Coral Vista and Sunset there is a base fee everyone pays regardless of unit size and then a per point fee.

edit. coral vista

DESCRIPTION
2019 BASE FEE $735.62
2019 POINTS ASSESSMENT AMOUNT 95,700 points @ 0.0116189 $1,111.93
Total $1,847

148,000 $1719.52 plus $735 = $2455

Last edited:

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Too bad Coral Vista doesn’t have a 1 bedroom option. That would make me consider this.

The only 1Bds at WSJ are in the VGV phase.
The 1Bd Plat+ can be a good resale purchase IMO - if someone is looking for a fixed/fixed week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tomandrobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not the worse WSJ ad, but is still pretty bad. Its shocking where MFs are heading at our St john and Harborside units. Luckily, the Harborside units still rent very well and we use the hell out of our St John weeks.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I did buy it now. Will let you know if it shakes out.
Just an update.
After a very long drawn out process today this unit is in my account. 148k Home Options.
First use 2021 as I wanted. Seller got to pay 2020 maint fee and convert his ownership to Bonvoy Points.

I live in the Hamptons so don’t particularly want to travel in the summer so late October early November is ideal for us. With 148K we can book a 2 BR for 12 nights, a three bedroom for 8 nights and a studio for three weeks.
But once our grandchildren get in a school schedule we will still be able to go in the summer with this and a sunset bay studio if we desire.

We stayed last fall in a three bedroom with our daughter and grandkids and really find the Coral Vista Location perfect for us.

So a happy ending for me....hoping the seller feels the same.
And I did try and assist him with letting a friend of mine use the SO last January but he insisted even after I told him multiple times that SO do NOT survive the sale to make a Thanksgiving 2020 resie somewhere. He either lost the SO resie or has another ownership that allowed that resie to stay in place after the sale That he chose not to share with me.