• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hilton Honors conversion is 1:20

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was always 1:25, not sure when this change/downgrade happen:

upload_2019-10-30_10-22-56.png

upload_2019-10-30_10-24-19.png

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
I believe it was only 25:1 if you deposited your entire years worth by a certain date. I could be wrong as I have never used my points for HH.

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it was only 25:1 if you deposited your entire years worth by a certain date. I could be wrong as I have never used my points for HH.
Found the answer. its 1:25 for following year use, and 1:20 for current year use

upload_2019-10-30_10-41-45.png

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Found the answer. its 1:25 for following year use, and 1:20 for current year use
And that is how it always has been (at least ever since they bumped up the conversion rate from 1:20 to 1:25 many years ago).

Kurt

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
20:1, 25:1, 50:1 (bHC). Should, IMO, be irrelevant as this is simply a poor use of HGVC points unless desperate with expiring points.

Cheers.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
+1 agree. Even at 50:1 it would only get 2 -4 nights in a standard hotel room at a high end resort. Not a bad alternative if life circumstances are such that u cant use the points, but much more value using on timeshare stays. This will continue to depreciate over time because HGV has no control over HLT. From the Marriott forum the situation sounds similar. Owners bought with expectation that TS points would translate to long hotel stays. Now devalued and relatively worthless feature.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points required to stay at Hilton or Marriott hotels have gotten to a point where the conversion deal or credit card points deal is no longer a good deal. All the hotels have increased the points required to stay per night and the only way to get a deal is to use points for 4 nights and get the 5th night free. Also, plan far in advance or hope the hotel is empty when traveling last minute. The price of hotels change like airlines change their price. The gold status is nice and I even got diamond status from it. They do notice that when checking in, but I seldom get an upgrade from it.

brp

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points required to stay at Hilton or Marriott hotels have gotten to a point where the conversion deal or credit card points deal is no longer a good deal. All the hotels have increased the points required to stay per night and the only way to get a deal is to use points for 4 nights and get the 5th night free. Also, plan far in advance or hope the hotel is empty when traveling last minute. The price of hotels change like airlines change their price. The gold status is nice and I even got diamond status from it. They do notice that when checking in, but I seldom get an upgrade from it.

The rates at Hyatt for points use is still quite good. Hilton, Marriorr not so much, as you say.

We have had great luck with Hilton upgrades, particularly at international locations. A couple of times we've received huge multi-room suites with living rooms the size of 2 standard rooms plus a bedroom, Actually not that useful, but fun nonetheless.

Cheers.