• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Costco took away my favorite cut of steak: a carnivore's lament

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
I remembered to look for these when I was at Costco the other day. I wanted to try after some of the earlier comments I had read. I couldn't do it after I saw :eek:$22.99/lb

I would be afraid I would screw up cooking and then be out $80. (Plus there's only two of us and three steaks in the package wasn't gonna work.:p)

Attachments

• 20191026_153303.jpg
    20191026_153303.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 17

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I meant to search for this thread to give an update. I went to Costco this Monday and was thrilled to find that they brought this back. My husband said announcing that it was no longer going to be available was to test customers' reaction. It was $17.99 per lb. before they stopped carrying them and now it is $20.99 per lb here. It is still worth every bit of it.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Our Costco still carries it! Thanks to the poster who suggested the best way to cook is well/med well. We cooked to no longer pink and it was perfect. It was too fatty for us cooking to med rare. Can't wait until Thanksgiving and Christmas...guess what for dinner at out house!

Ingrid

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I remembered to look for these when I was at Costco the other day. I wanted to try after some of the earlier comments I had read. I couldn't do it after I saw :eek:$22.99/lb

I would be afraid I would screw up cooking and then be out $80. (Plus there's only two of us and three steaks in the package wasn't gonna work.:p)

They are big enough to share!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was on Maui Costco had a Asian BBQ marinaded meat that was amazing. I assume they probably have something like that on the west coast but maybe it is just Hawaii made. I have not seen it on the East Coast.

Also they just introduced a pit smoked beef brisket and cole slaw kit. I was surprised to see it in my local Costco so i bought it. The fact that the meat was already cooked made it not as good as fresh so not something I would buy again.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was on Maui Costco had a Asian BBQ marinaded meat that was amazing. I assume they probably have something like that on the west coast but maybe it is just Hawaii made. I have not seen it on the East Coast.

Also they just introduced a pit smoked beef brisket and cole slaw kit. I was surprised to see it in my local Costco so i bought it. The fact that the meat was already cooked made it not as good as fresh so not something I would buy again.
The Costcos in Northern California and Nevada have the Korean BBQ marinated uncooked meat as well.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned. We'll be in Kobe by the end of this month. I'll be sampling the Real McCoy. :)

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stay tuned. We'll be in Kobe by the end of this month. I'll be sampling the Real McCoy. :)
Awesome!! A big one on my bucket list is watching a baseball game in Japan. I've been to the Great Wall in China and really want to get back to Asia one of these days soon.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
The Costcos in Northern California and Nevada have the Korean BBQ marinated uncooked meat as well.

Plus tubs of fresh kimchi!

I always like to check out what different regionally when I travel to a Costco and this item in San Jose recently stood out to me.

SandyPGravel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin St. John Plat+
2 BR-VGV
Westin St. John Plat
2 BR-BV
Out of sight out of mind...I was planning on getting the pretzel sliders on my way home today when it dawned on me I haven't noticed them in a while when I've been at Costco. So I googled it. According to Reddit, via Google, Costco no longer carries the pretzel slider buns. And, they've been gone for a while now. I'm crushed.:bawl:

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Out of sight out of mind...I was planning on getting the pretzel sliders on my way home today when it dawned on me I haven't noticed them in a while when I've been at Costco. So I googled it. According to Reddit, via Google, Costco no longer carries the pretzel slider buns. And, they've been gone for a while now. I'm crushed.:bawl:
I think I have seen these at Aldi in the past.