• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Trip to Seaside Oregon

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are on our annual trip to Seaside Oregon. Yesterday was a wonderful Fall day. Sunny, no clouds, and high 50's low 60's. There are two main routes we have used in the past. I5 to Hwy 217 to Hwy 26 to Hwy 101 to Seaside or cross country on County Roads to Forest Grove, then Hwy 47 to Hwy 26, to Hwy 101. Because it was such a beautiful day we decided on the cross country route. I have to admit this is also our favorite route.

First adventure. We are north of of Lafayette, past the Laurel Ridge Vineyard and come to an intersection where for 20 years we have always turned right. We decide to turn left. The road is going to the west/northwest, which is the direction we want. We go less than a mile and there is a detour because of major road work. So off we go. It was a narrow, shoulderless, windy, up and down, mostly tree covered road. But it was gorgeous. After traveling a slow 3 or 4 miles we end up back on the road we would have been on if we had turned right as normal. Off to Seaside.

As normal we stop at the Rest Stop at Mile Post 28.6 on Hwy 26. Good place to stretch the legs and use the Bathroom. Patti takes over driving. As we get to Seaside we decide to go by Safeway and get garlic bread to go with dinner.

Patti goes into the store as I repark the Truck. This was at her request. As I go into the store I reach into my jeans pocket - no cellular telephone. Panic. The last time I remember handling it was the Rest Stop.

So frantically I go into Safeway to find Patti. I use her fone to try and call myself. Unfortunately Safe seems to be a Dead Zone for T Mobile. We jump into the truck and start back to Rest Stop. Only about 35 miles away.

Patti keeps, trying to call my fone. Suddenly it is answered. They are on their way home to Portland and almost there. So we start traveling to Portland at a brisk pace and no stops. We are going to arrive in Portland during rush hour on a Friday. We have to get to Stark and 117th Street. This is East of I205, clear the other side of Portland. Goggle Maps to the rescue. The Freeways are all slammed, stop and go. It actually has us get off Hwy 26 in downtown Portland and and has us use City Streets. It was amazing how fast we got through the downtown core of Portland and across the Willamette. We finally arrive. It was 2 guys and a gal that run a small care home for elderly folks that have mental or physical challenges. We visit, use the bathroom, and off to Seaside. Heading West the best route was all Freeway and Highway. We do stop at the Rest Stop. Only bathroom around.

We decide we are not in the frame of mind to cook dinner and unpack. So we stop at Camp 18 Restaurant (at Mile Post 18 on Hwy 26) and each have a steak dinner with fresh fruit cobbler for dessert.

We finally arrive at the Worldmark at Seaside and check in. It only took us 8.75 hours to travel the 130 miles from our House to Worldmark in Seaside. Thank goodness it was such a beautiful Fall day to be traveling through the rural Willamette Valley.

Life is an adventure

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Wow, Tom. Adventure is right! Nice that they found your phone, were honest about it, and you were able to get it back.

Here’s hoping the rest of your time in Seaside is easier!

Dave

PS: I was looking at WM Seaside online a few days ago. What’s your thoughts on the place? You said “annual trip” there. You must like it?

IsaiahB

Reaction score
Wow, Tom. Adventure is right! Nice that they found your phone, were honest about it, and you were able to get it back.

Here’s hoping the rest of your time in Seaside is easier!

Dave

PS: I was looking at WM Seaside online a few days ago. What’s your thoughts on the place? You said “annual trip” there. You must like it?
In addition to their large WM credit holdings, they also own a residence club fractional unit at The Resort at Seaside. (Which is the association that WM owns units in)
It's a lovely area, I drove through Seaside on my way south last week.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
We like the Resort. Though it is the only Worldmark Resort in History that does not have Lobby Coffee. (A pet peeve of mine. They use to have it. But prior GM got rid of it and all the equipment.) We also like the area. The first weekend of November (Friday has to be in November) is the Stormy Weather Art Festival in Cannon Beach. We have been coming for close to 15 years. We have gotten to know some of the Gallery Owners. We have been here like it is this weekend - beautiful sunny weather. We have also been here for huge storms - power out and flooding. It is easy to travel from Astoria to Tillamook for days trips.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
In fact this week we are staying in our Residence Club Unit. Only rarely does it match up with the Art Festival. It is in the South Wing, outboard, 6th floor right behind Penthouse. We have a gorgeous view of the Beach, Tillamook Head, and the Coast Range. Next year we have an Ocean Front 3 Bedroom Penthouse Reserved for the Week.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
I loved that movie The Goonies. Is this what the coast looks like?

7DEB802F-968F-40A8-9B0C-74C318046CEA.jpeg

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Yes - at times and in certain places.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I loved that movie The Goonies. Is this what the coast looks like?

Ecola State Park looking south with Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach in the distance. I think they are on the access road into the park. If you drive to the end and hike the trail, you end up at Seaside.