• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Waitlist Strategy- Need Help

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every summer, we meet my niece and her family (who live overseas) for a couple weeks at Lakeshore Reserve. Normally, she knows her schedule far enough in advance that we can both make reservations for the same period without issue.

This year, however, she didn't have schedule information until later, and now we are having trouble getting in. I was able to reserve 4 of the nights we need (looking for a 1-bdrm), but there hasn't ben availability for the remains 8 nights. As a backup, I have made a cash reservation for those nights, but I would much prefer to use DC points.

It seems like the best way to try to get those nights is to get on the waitlist. Having used this option before, I have no idea what approach is most likely to be successful. What I am hoping for at this point is to score at least half of the remaining nights with points, and pay for the balance. Getting all 8, of course, would be fantastic.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to structure the waitlist to have a decent chance at success?

TIA for any advice!

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would get added to the waitlist for starters for the day prior to when you have the booking and a separate waitlist for the day following your booking. If you don’t mind tieing up more points I would do a third waitlist for a string of the days you need. Then monitor it and add as you get closer to getting what you wanted.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't think you are going to get it. However, I would call and talk to a representative to see if you can cobble together pieces that get you as close as possible. What is unbelievable to me is that the days aren't based on units of one. There may be 2, 3, 4 nights all strung together in there.

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every summer, we meet my niece and her family (who live overseas) for a couple weeks at Lakeshore Reserve. Normally, she knows her schedule far enough in advance that we can both make reservations for the same period without issue.

This year, however, she didn't have schedule information until later, and now we are having trouble getting in. I was able to reserve 4 of the nights we need (looking for a 1-bdrm), but there hasn't ben availability for the remains 8 nights. As a backup, I have made a cash reservation for those nights, but I would much prefer to use DC points.

It seems like the best way to try to get those nights is to get on the waitlist. Having used this option before, I have no idea what approach is most likely to be successful. What I am hoping for at this point is to score at least half of the remaining nights with points, and pay for the balance. Getting all 8, of course, would be fantastic.

So, does anyone have any suggestions on how to structure the waitlist to have a decent chance at success?

TIA for any advice!

I had a similar situation once and I was able to cobble together a week by booking 3 nights with DC points and making a cash reservation for the rest of the time and then checking MVC daily and adding DC nights as they showed up even singly (I just searched for 1 night). I was able to get all but one night on DC and noted on my Marriott reservations under “room features” “special requests or needs” the other reservation numbers and that I would like to stay in the same room and this was accommodated.
The wait list is frustrating because as far as I know if you request the full time you need- say 4 nights- and they become available singly the waitlist doesn’t collect them up for you.