• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort resell

Vitalie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort
Hi
My newly Ex and I decided to buy a right to use at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, and we split the payment 50/50.

We got 2 weeks a year for 15 years.

5 star units from studio size that accommodate 4 people at 45$ a WEEK up to 2 bedroom for 8 people at 300$ a week.
A unit for 6 people would cost 99$ a week. We can pick the building up to 3 months in advance, but they all have ocean view.

We can choose to trade in future weeks as credit towards activities and services at the rate of 3000$ per year.

Also possible to use these weeks to stay in other hotels in PCI network all over the world at similar rates.

Checked Expedia and, even with 2500$ paid upfront, it looks like a great deal, especially considering we got a free cruise for two as a bonus.

BUT. As soon as we came back to Canada, my Ex decided we're incompatible and we've split up... on bad terms, so we wouldn't be able to use it or even talk about it, so it's pretty much a loss.

Should i buy her half of the contract out for myself and sell the whole package away somewhere? Would anyone be even interested? Where would be the best spot to advertise?

Thank you

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I don't think these are the total costs. $300 a week for 2br? I bet there are additional fees, like maintenance fees?

I am not familiar with this resort, but I just looked at resales and these contracts are being given away for free. It looks like it's worthless.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Check your contract. Are you two in the rescission period? If so rescind immediately...you only have about a week to do it or you are stuck with it.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Hi
My newly Ex and I decided to buy a right to use at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort, and we split the payment 50/50.

We got 2 weeks a year for 15 years.

5 star units from studio size that accommodate 4 people at 45$ a WEEK up to 2 bedroom for 8 people at 300$ a week.
A unit for 6 people would cost 99$ a week. We can pick the building up to 3 months in advance, but they all have ocean view.

We can choose to trade in future weeks as credit towards activities and services at the rate of 3000$ per year.

Also possible to use these weeks to stay in other hotels in PCI network all over the world at similar rates.

Checked Expedia and, even with 2500$ paid upfront, it looks like a great deal, especially considering we got a free cruise for two as a bonus.

BUT. As soon as we came back to Canada, my Ex decided we're incompatible and we've split up... on bad terms, so we wouldn't be able to use it or even talk about it, so it's pretty much a loss.

Should i buy her half of the contract out for myself and sell the whole package away somewhere? Would anyone be even interested? Where would be the best spot to advertise?

Thank you
When did you buy and for how much? Rescind if possible. You may need to ask your ex to sign a letter asking to rescind.

Vitalie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think these are the total costs. $300 a week for 2br? I bet there are additional fees, like maintenance fees?

I am not familiar with this resort, but I just looked at resales and these contracts are being given away for free. It looks like it's worthless.

No maintenance fees. Thanks

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
Your description of what you bought is a bit lacking. Did you buy points or actual weeks? Did you pay cash and is the whole thing paid off? If it's not paid off you won't be able to transfer it to someone else either by selling it or giving it away.

A good place to advertise it or to even discuss it and learn exactly what you have is the Pueblo Bonito Owners Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/PB.owners/ It's a private group and you'll need to request to join it, but you shouldn't have any problem joining it.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Not necessarily. There are some places in Mexico that only charge MFs if you use the place.

OP is saying in the first post that "5 star units from studio size that accommodate 4 people at 45$ a WEEK up to 2 bedroom for 8 people at 300$ a week.
A unit for 6 people would cost 99$ a week." And no maintenance fees.

He is saying that a week at Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach Golf & Spa Resort in a 2 bedroom for 8 people costs $300 total. This cannot be correct. I think OP is repeating some disinformation from the sales presentation and/or does not understand the contract.

Vitalie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks everyone. I hope i understood the wording correctly. Here attached is the contract. Anyone seen smth like this? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8847 (2).jpg
    IMG_8847 (2).jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 46

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
@Vitalie This is not a traditional timeshare ownership. This sounds like a preview package or discounted vacation club with no maintenance fee obligation. You pay as you go. What is different is that this is good for 15 years. Most timeshare preview packages from Marriott, Hilton etc. are one time and require a presentation.

The biggest question is whether the getaways they describe:

a) require a presentation. Item 7 sounds like they want to try to sell you into a full ownership (don't do it!). If every time you use the package you have to have a presentation that could be a drag on your vacation.
b) what are the real costs of these vacations? It says "starting at $399" for one vacation. Subsequent vacations may be much more expensive with low/mud season units staring at the garbage bin. Are they simply giving you access to RCI for getaways for 15 years?
c) are during peak season, with decent rooms at the best resorts.
d) have other restrictions

I don't see a rescission clause so you may be out of luck but check through the paperwork and get it submitted ASAP. Most only allow 7 business days but preview packages don't typically have rescission clauses.

If all you paid in is $1900 with no Maint Fee obligation or future cost consider yourself lucky. Don't upgrade or buy more. It may be a decent deal, it may not. Time will tell.

If you really want out and can't rescind can you cancel it on your credit card? You might take a hit to your credit though but being in Canada, they may not be able to touch it given they are based in Mexico. However the credit card company could present the signed contract to your credit card company and force you to honor it.

Last edited:

Vitalie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, thank you for looking at it. I am as intrigued by this as you are.
We did have to sit through the presentation, but i didn't mind it because it was my first day in Mexico ever and we got free BF, drinks... lots of drinks... some free activities and even a free car rental for a week.
Well, maybe not free if this turns out to be worthless... Still havent received any followup emails or anything from them a month later.
From what i understood, they're struggling filling in units because there have opened sooo many new resorts in the last two years.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
If you do an internet search for "pueblo bonito passport" the first thing that comes up is a website for Pueblo Bonito Travel, which is summarized as being run by International Cruise & Excursions (ICE). That is the company that runs the RCI travel store, SFX travel store, and Visa Lifestyle, which all offer similar resort week availability. Typically, the weeks they make available are low season lower tier ones. Not bad given the locations you can visit especially as compared to buying into a Mexican RTU contract. On the other hand, not something you would be likely to be able to sell or give away, although the contract doesn't seem to address assignability. Your probably best off either using it or marking it down as a lesson learned without paying for the second half.

Read up what you can on TUG in order to get cheaper lessons learned....