• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Aldi happiness!

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I set my alarm clock this morning so I could queue up at Aldi for the Advent wine calendar release! Left with calendars: 2 boxes with wine (the maximum), 1 with beer, 2 with cheese.

Plan to return in December to get the Sparkling Wines box, which I think contains 10 (or 12?) for advent. Need something to get me through Christmas into the New Year, LOL.

Happy December everyone!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Never been to Aldi's though we do have them around here.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I noticed that Costco had an Advent craft beer "calendar". Not sure if they have had this every year (laws changed here and this is the first year our Costco has alcohol sales), but I thought they looked pretty good.

Kurt

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
We heard about the wine calendars a few years ago, but have never seen them. They're gone in minutes at our local Aldi's (VA and MO). People line up early to get numbered tickets for when the doors open. It's crazy.

I dropped into Aldi's about 10am today, and was surprised to see dozens of wine Advent calendars still available (due to a shipment error). Of course, I had to come home with one to try it out. And another one for a gift. :D

Last edited:

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I thought they appeared for the first time in 2018, but could be wrong.

Last year our local store received 20 and they sold out in 4 minutes.

This year they received 100. Those of us who got in line early were rewarded as they opened the doors nearly an hour early.

After hearing about the quick sell out last year, more than anything I wanted to give it a try to get there early and see if I could get one---more of a challenge than anything. Of the two boxes, one will go to my DS' girlfriend who is a recent Johnson and Wales (culinary school) graduate, and the other my DH and I will enjoy during the year. We aren't huge drinkers, but each bottle is 11+ ounces so enough for a glass of wine each.

My friend said she had been looking at Godiva advent calendars online but they were always sold out and were priced in the $35. range....then she scored one at Sam's Club for only $14. (sorry Costco!)

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Have they increased the amounts because they sold out fast last year?
I didn’t even look today.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
You're right, Beachclubmum! They've been popular in Europe for awhile, but last year was the first year in the U.S.

Funny thing is that my husband picked up two boxes today, too! What are we going to do with all this wine now????

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed that Costco had an Advent craft beer "calendar". Not sure if they have had this every year (laws changed here and this is the first year our Costco has alcohol sales), but I thought they looked pretty good.

Kurt

I saw this and checked it out for ratings. Most of the beer was not too well thought of and it was expensive.

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
The Aldi beer looked kind of interesting, although I'm not a beer drinker. Here's a link as it won't cut and paste.

The link won't work either. Oh well.