• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Funny how your dreams are based on your past.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I managed to get rid of 35 years of business stuff in three months. I managed to get rid of alot of personal things too. My problem is it created room for more items and it seems like as soon as an area gets cleared it begins to fill up.

Some things I don't want are the many things we were stuck with when my inlaws passed, my kids crap from their school days which now includes their wedding dresses, prom dresses and all sorts of things. I keep telling the kids I'm going to sell their crap on ebay and they think I'm joking, lol.

Bill

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a $2k custom ordered wedding dress and the whole works that go with it from 20 years ago that I have never used from my "runaway bride" days. I keep hoping that my son will find a girl of my size to marry who would want the dress. Talk about carrying crap with me whenever I move. :bawl:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
;)
I have a $2k custom ordered wedding dress and the whole works that go with it from 20 years ago that I have never used from my "runaway bride" days. I keep hoping that my son will find a girl of my size to marry who would want the dress. Talk about carrying crap with me whenever I move. :bawl:

Lol! That is too funny! I had an incredibly expensive size 5 wedding dress that was unique and one of a kind. But many, many years ago after keeping it for who knows what stupid reason I finally brought it to a thrift shop.
Never got a dime for it either.

Funny, I don’t miss it taking up
space in my closet...

Last edited:

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

Some things I don't want are the many things we were stuck with when my inlaws passed, my kids crap from their school days which now includes their wedding dresses, prom dresses and all sorts of things. I keep telling the kids I'm going to sell their crap on ebay and they think I'm joking, lol.

Bill

That we have too. "Memory boxes" in the attic for each of us, including our daughter's. Her prom dresses, mother in law's wedding dress, etc.

My granddaughter did wear one of her mother's prom dresses to a father/daughter dance at her school.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Reading that you were a "runaway bride" made me chuckle. :) But I'd get rid of that dress. A daughter might want to wear it. A son's fiancé, most likely not. Our daughter would have worn mine. It fit her and she looked good in it. Unfortunately, my mother stored it in a plastic garment bag and hung it in the rafters of my dad's barn for 25 years and it discolored. Dry cleaners couldn't do anything with it. I still have it in our attic and finally fit back into it.

Brett

Reaction score
I managed to get rid of 35 years of business stuff in three months. I managed to get rid of alot of personal things too. My problem is it created room for more items and it seems like as soon as an area gets cleared it begins to fill up.

Bill

It was hard to sell my parents old furniture on craigslist
But listing it for free works

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It was hard to sell my parents old furniture on craigslist
But listing it for free works

Free or real cheap is what people will take. There is almost no second hand market for furniture.

geekette

Reaction score

Bill
My folks started wrapping up crap we'd left behind and sending as Christmas gifts. We all got a kick out of it and would wonder what long lost treasure would show up this year???

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My folks started wrapping up crap we'd left behind and sending as Christmas gifts. We all got a kick out of it and would wonder what long lost treasure would show up this year???

Great idea. I know what I'm sending my daughter for Christmas from her memory box in the attic! :banana:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Great idea. I know what I'm sending my daughter for Christmas from her memory box in the attic! :banana:

When we sorted through the attic before this move, we put some memory things in a box we had already started for Alex and we threw everything else out. When he came to our timeshare this past summer- we had loaded up the car with his stuff that he had in his room and attic that he told us he wanted and gave him the memory box as well. He knew we meant business. Take it or it gets dumped!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

Ok, so this is the best idea ever. I'm all in !!! :D

Bill