• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

A question about deed recording

VAlegacy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the middle of closing on a couple of contracts. It's in Wyndhams hands now to transfer.
Can Wyndham at this point "kick back" a contract, or is it done. If they can, how does that work, since the deed has already been recorded legally in my name at the local courthouse?
Someone please enlighten me.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I am in the middle of closing on a couple of contracts. It's in Wyndhams hands now to transfer.
Can Wyndham at this point "kick back" a contract, or is it done. If they can, how does that work, since the deed has already been recorded legally in my name at the local courthouse?

There are only three reasons that I can think of at the moment, that they can choose not to transfer the account on your name. They cannot force you to put it back in the previous owners name. However, without the account being transferred into your name (or whoever the new owner is), I’m not sure how you’d be able to use your points anywhere but the home resort. Club Wyndham is an exchange. You need an account to exchange your points.

The first of the two reasons is if you were previously barred from becoming a member. Last I heard, if you turned all of your contracts back into Ovation, you cannot become a member again. They won’t transfer the account into your name. If you only turned in some contracts, and still have others, you’re still a member and you can still get resale points or buy direct from Wyndham.

The second is if the deed was recorded incorrectly, or there was something else wrong with the submission (failed to include the check for the transfer fee, etc). In that case, you would just need to correct the deed or fix whatever is wrong with the submission.

The third reason is if the account is in default. If the current owner is behind on maintenance or loan payments, they need to get caught up before the transfer. Everything has to be paid in full before Wyndham will transfer the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
There are only three reasons that I can think of at the moment, that they can choose not to transfer the account on your name. They cannot force you to put it back in the previous owners name. However, without the account being transferred into your name (or whoever the new owner is), I’m not sure how you’d be able to use your points anywhere but the home resort. Club Wyndham is an exchange. You need an account to exchange your points.

The first of the two reasons is if you were previously barred from becoming a member. Last I heard, if you turned all of your contracts back into Ovation, you cannot become a member again. They won’t transfer the account into your name. If you only turned in some contracts, and still have others, you’re still a member and you can still get resale points or buy direct from Wyndham.

The second is if the deed was recorded incorrectly, or there was something else wrong with the submission (failed to include the check for the transfer fee, etc). In that case, you would just need to correct the deed or fix whatever is wrong with the submission.

The third reason is if the account is in default. If the current owner is behind on maintenance or loan payments, they need to get caught up before the transfer. Everything has to be paid in full before Wyndham will transfer the account.

Nice clarification Richelle.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes I have had this happen a few times after a deed was recorded. Wyndham can kick back or reject a deed if there are mistakes. When this happens another deed needs to be prepared, signed, recorded and then be sent back to Wyndham. As Richelle pointed out maintenance fees must be up to date. I am not sure how up to date the maintenance fees have to be as few deeds I had transfer in and were behind 2-3 months. Wyndham made it very clear it was my problem to pay and then try to collect from the previous owner.

Last edited:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I'll 2nd that. I've had a few contracts that I had to bring maintenance current (a month or two each). For 2 of them I just ate it (wasn't worth it). The 3rd one I send the notice to the reseller and he reimbursed me. On all, yes, Wyndham made it very clear it was my problem (and my entire account was at risk) - so I paid 1st and then figured it out.

As far as the transfer and if anything might hold it up, you can call Title Services. With a contract number (which the reseller should give you at the time of sale - hopefully you got an estoppel and it's on there), Title Services will tell you where in the process your transfer is and if they are waiting on anything. If there is a problem, they will let you know. I liked to check with Title Services to be sure there were no issues, too.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I'll 2nd that. I've had a few contracts that I had to bring maintenance current (a month or two each). For 2 of them I just ate it (wasn't worth it). The 3rd one I send the notice to the reseller and he reimbursed me. On all, yes, Wyndham made it very clear it was my problem (and my entire account was at risk) - so I paid 1st and then figured it out.

As far as the transfer and if anything might hold it up, you can call Title Services. With a contract number (which the reseller should give you at the time of sale - hopefully you got an estoppel and it's on there), Title Services will tell you where in the process your transfer is and if they are waiting on anything. If there is a problem, they will let you know. I liked to check with Title Services to be sure there were no issues, too.

They’ve been asking for a lot more information then a contract number. They’ve asked me for the current owner name, address, phone number and email. Others have just asked for a contract owner name and their contract number. Not much consistency.