• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Villa Group - ResortCom/Trinity Services Double Billing on Transfer

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had two recent sales where Trinity Services (FKA ResortCom) is billing the buyer for maintenance fees that were already paid in 2019.

Has anyone else sold or purchased lately and have seen this happen? How did you resolve it?

Thanks,
John

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Resortcom has been having problems regarding mf and weeks used. They have been hired by UVCI to do the financials only a few years ago. I received bills for weeks that I had already used so I called them. They claimed I didn't pay these mf's but I gave them the reservation numbers that showed they were used that January. The only way to use the week is to have paid the mf. They realized their mistake.

Recently, UVCI has sent me a bill for another week I used last January. I might just pay this and use this week again is what I think.

In your situation the transfer will not go through unless the mf is paid because they are due this month. You might be looking at the 2020 mf which is due Nov 30, 2019 and not the 2019 mf which was due in 2018.

I recently took a UVCI contract over last month and I am still waiting for the transfer to complete. When I called resort com they said that I have a new contract number but the account wasn't ready for my use yet. I will owe the 2020 mf's. We started the transfer process in October so the contract should transfer as no mf's were due.

Bill

timesharepro

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill.

They told the buyer that they needed to pay the 2019 because that was the first year of usage put on the transfer documents.

The transfers are already complete and they are billing the new owner the 2019 fees, even though they were paid. Hopefully showing ResortCom the sale agreement showing that the seller has paid the 2019 maintenance fees, and the buyer was to get the usage at no cost will fix the problem.

My buyer even said to them "This is theft. You can't double bill." Of course he went and paid it already and wants a refund, so this could be interesting.

Appreciate your response.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks Bill.

They told the buyer that they needed to pay the 2019 because that was the first year of usage put on the transfer documents.

The transfers are already complete and they are billing the new owner the 2019 fees, even though they were paid. Hopefully showing ResortCom the sale agreement showing that the seller has paid the 2019 maintenance fees, and the buyer was to get the usage at no cost will fix the problem.

My buyer even said to them "This is theft. You can't double bill." Of course he went and paid it already and wants a refund, so this could be interesting.

Appreciate your response.

I spoke with resort com as we filled out the transfer paperwork. I thought the first year of usage would be as soon as the contract transferred which is 2019. Resort com said the first year of usage would be 2020 so we went with 2020. The paid week for 2019 on the contract I am taking over was transferred to me by the previous owner. Hopefully it has and Resort com lets me bank this week to 2020 as I can't do anything with it in 2019.
Resort com knows that your 2019 week has been paid. Either the seller lets the week go to the new owner in transfer or the week is lost. The buyer can reimburse the owner for the week so it shouldn't be a problem. Most of the time the seller just lets the buyer have the week as part of the deal.

If the seller can't prove via receipt from resort com that the week has been paid and resort com doesn't have the info then the buyer better find the credit card statement to get things rolling.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bill,

Can I ask how the paid 2019 week was transferred to you by the previous owner?

On the first page of the transfer document I wrote that the unused 2019 week is included. I think the contract owner wrote something similar on the transfer document. This has to be in writing or the unused week will not transfer. Resort com will walk you through this with explicit instructions.

As of today when I called resort com, everything sounds good and transferred. Even though I haven't received the official paperwork or an email yet I do have access to the account and unofficially it looks like the unused 2019 week did transfer and is banked for 2020.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope. I picked up the last uvci memberships here at tug on the free timeshare giveaway deals. I only want premiere contracts and they seem far and few between.

Btw, your link to your webpage has expired.

Bill