• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Veterans Day offers?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Anyone want to share vets days discounts and freebies?

I just extended my Amazon Prime for a year, $40 off regular membership price for vets. Either sign up for new account or extend existing, good Nov 6th-11th.

Thank you for your service, all veterans.

Dave S,
USAF
1972-1977.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Thanks, Dave. Does that Prime discount apply to spouses accounts? I’m the family member on my spouses Prime account, but I’m the Vet.

Dave

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, Dave. Does that Prime discount apply to spouses accounts? I’m the family member on my spouses Prime account, but I’m the Vet.

Dave

It should work if you are on the account. Send an e-mail and ask, I had to use them to verify my service, the automatic did not work. Fast response.

veteransday at amazon dot com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was not able to find where one can extend their Prime membership to reflect this. Maybe it only occurs if you are renewing or signing up for a new membership, and mine renewed automatically fairly recently.

I'll try the email addy.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We have learned to ask about retired Military discount. It is amazing how many businesses/restaurants will give us 5% (Cabela's) to 15% (Eddie Bauer). Sportsman Warehouse 10%. Lowe's 10%. Home Depot 10%. etc etc.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
yup, email required, but me too.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
BJ's Pizza:
ALL CURRENT AND FORMER MILITARY CAN ENJOY A FREE ENTREE UP TO $14.95 AND A FREE DR PEPPER BEVERAGE
MONDAY, NOVEMBER 11

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mulligan's is a small restaurant chain in Florida. They are offering a free breakfast to any Veteran on November 11th.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Anyone want to share vets days discounts and freebies?

I just extended my Amazon Prime for a year, $40 off regular membership price for vets. Either sign up for new account or extend existing, good Nov 6th-11th.

Thank you for your service, all veterans.

Dave S,
USAF
1972-1977.

Thanks Dave for the tip about Amazon Prime. We were able to take advantage of the offer too! My husband's USAF service was about the same years as yours.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Here's a whole bunch of Veterans' meal bennies available Monday, November 11, 2019. But how many times can you eat in one day? Other travel and recreation goodies are also listed on this site: https://www.military.com/veterans-day/restaurants-veterans-day-military-discounts.html

Jim
I've got a brother-in-law who spends his entire day visiting restaurants along with another veteran friend. They order their free meal, have a few tastes, then get the rest to go. Not sure how many visits they squeeze in, but they and their wives then reheat the leftovers to enjoy for the next several days. Seems like a lot of work to me, especially since many of the restaurants are chains where the food is nothing special anyway. My husband usually visits one restaurant on veteran's day, and since I end up going along, too, and we usually order wine, the “free” meal still provides some revenue for the restaurant.