• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Where did the link to THE Club Select go?

mjdim61

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts
Hello Tug members,

I saw the Diamond website changed. Where is the link to THE Club Select to find other vacation properties go? Does anyone know? Thanks for any help.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you must use the same search as any DRI resorts
This is what I got with Flexible Search when I selected only Global partner and view in US$ (it looks like what I got the last time I searched on the old Club Select web site)
upload_2019-10-30_17-57-48.png

Last edited:

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Previously you had a choice of Points or Cash.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
youppi, very interesting and thanks for sharing that chart.

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the number of points had gone way up for resorts I would have gone to in the past.

DRIless

Reaction score
Posted yesterday on diamondresorts.com under
WHAT'S NEW
Club Select Integration
The Club® just got easier. We are pleased to share that we completed the integration of the availability from Club Select into our Simple and Flexible booking tools in your Member Area.
At the same time, we are also streamlining guidelines around these reservations:
You can now add guests at the time of booking
• Reservations confirmed will now follow the standard Club cancellation policy
• You can now protect your Club Select reservation by purchasing the Reservation Protection Plan
• If you do not have enough points or want to save points for another booking, no problem! You may now use Diamond Flexibility and Diamond Value to purchase a one-time use of points to complete your reservation
Club Select reservations confirmed as of January 1, 2020 will now require payment of a non-refundable exchange fee at the time of booking - $159 online (loyalty discounts may apply).
NOTE: The Diamond Preference benefit and Loyalty Upgrade benefit are not available for these bookings

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I updated the spreadsheet of post #5 with more info
I added a tab that shows all the units that were available Oct 27, 2019 on Club Select for a Silver member (just before they removed the access to the Club Select web site).
I added a tab that shows all the Global Partner units that were available Nov 5, 2019 for a Silver member.

The cost in points and $US are shown in both new tabs.

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
Take a look at this small comparison cost I did between the old Club Select vs Global Partner inventory https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_hMDTP6OUqdaJULnRz8PRnGL6lPC25hQaemjukB9D3g/edit?usp=sharing

The problem with your chart is that you are only looking looking about 30 or so days out. Global Properties is now using the Flex/Value point costs and for an owner it costs 13 cents per points for Value points (between 14-35 days out depending on level within Diamond). But with Flex costs it's between 26 and 36 cents per point which means the costs have about tripled compared to the old Club Select costs which stayed the same no matter how far out you were.

DRIless

Reaction score
Yes, under their old pricing system for Club Select, the $ price was fixed, no matter the date. It also seemed very arbitrary as if someone just went through and assigned cost based on whether they thought it would sell or not. The points to $ varied greatly if I remember correctly.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
The problem with your chart is that you are only looking looking about 30 or so days out. Global Properties is now using the Flex/Value point costs and for an owner it costs 13 cents per points for Value points (between 14-35 days out depending on level within Diamond). But with Flex costs it's between 26 and 36 cents per point which means the costs have about tripled compared to the old Club Select costs which stayed the same no matter how far out you were.
I know but it's a lot of work trying to align both tables. So, I stop after ~100 USA units. I should have skip the first 59 days.
Check the other tabs. There is a tab of all Club Select units up to 2020-10-18 and another tab for all Global Partner units up to 2021-01-04.
You have just to do the comparison by yourself and post the result in a spreadsheet like I did

R.J.C.

unconfirmed
Reaction score
I know but it's a lot of work trying to align both tables. So, I stop after ~100 USA units. I should have skip the first 59 days.
Check the other tabs. There is a tab of all Club Select units up to 2020-10-18 and another tab for all Global Partner units up to 2021-01-04.
You have just to do the comparison by yourself and post the result in a spreadsheet like I did

I'm sorry. I wasn't asking you to do any work. I was just pointing out that comparing 30 days or less Value pricing will show a much better comparison than say 6 months out because of the Flex/Value costs per points. Even with the Value pricing the costs are still higher than the old Club Select cash option. I have checked several options......I just didn't create a chart.

StevesWife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Points Owner
I think you must use the same search as any DRI resorts
This is what I got with Flexible Search when I selected only Global partner and view in US$ (it looks like what I got the last time I searched on the old Club Select web site)
View attachment 14835
I need help! I'm feeling like a dummy! I received an email on February 27, 2020 with instructions on how to book "Club Select" reservations. It said to check the "Global Partner" box within the Simple or Flexible booking options. I don't have a "Global Partner" option. I tried contacting Diamond and they said you don't have to use a global partner option, that the available Club Select options will just appear within the searches. I'm super confused! Did this change since February 27th? Is there an easier way to find just "Club Select" reservations. The old website was so awesome and easy. Thanks for any input!

StevesWife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
New and Improved Booking Experience
The Club® just got easier. You asked, we listened. We are pleased to share that we have completed the integration of the availability from Club Select™ into our Simple and Flexible Search tools in your Member Area! The inventory, previously referred to as Club Select, is now called Global Partner. The addition of Global Partner Inventory into the online search tools will now allow you to view The Global Partner Inventory without having to navigate to the Club Select website. Not only will this save you time, it will enhance your searching experience, allowing you to view inventory that you may not have noticed before.

Experience the ease in navigation with the below updated features:
  • Global Partner reservations will now follow the standard Club cancellation policy
  • You may now protect your Global Partner reservation by purchasing the Reservation Protection Plan
  • If you do not have enough points or want to save points for another booking, no problem – you may now use Diamond Flexibility and Diamond Value to purchase one-time-use points to complete your reservation

You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers.
Learn more about the new and improved Global Partner.
This is the email I received on February 27th.

StevesWife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
These are my search options........

Flexible Search: Our most flexible search tool, providing even more criteria you can define to assist in planning your next vacation.

Search for Availability Tutorial
Destination

Click here to view our destinations

Experience
Select by Experience All Inclusive Asia Hotels Beach Resorts City Resort Country Retreats Cruises Desert-Resorts European Hotels Fun for the Family Golf History and Heritage Resorts National Park Outdoor Activities Relaxation Resorts Ski Resorts Spa Resorts Theme Parks Waterparks Waterways Waterways Lakes Marinas Winter Sun Resorts

Proximity
Proximity Search From Resort 3 mi (5 km) 6 mi (10 km) 9 mi (15 km) 12 mi (20 km) 15 mi (25 km) 18 mi (30 km) 21 mi (35 km) 24 mi (40 km)

Display results as
Calendar Grid

My Arrival Date is flexible

Click on the checkbox to search a range of arrival dates
Arrival Date between

and

Nights

Accommodation Type
CLA_icon_1.png
Club Affiliate

CRU_icon_1.png
Cruise

DRI_icon_1.png
Managed

EEX_icon_5.png
DestinationXchange Affiliate

HTA_icon_1.png
Hotel Affiliate

PRT_icon_0.png
DestinationXchange Partner

QTS_icon.png
Luxury Homes
Occupancy

Point Range
Min

Max

Offer Code

StevesWife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I need help! I'm feeling like a dummy! I received an email on February 27, 2020 with instructions on how to book "Club Select" reservations. It said to check the "Global Partner" box within the Simple or Flexible booking options. I don't have a "Global Partner" option. I tried contacting Diamond and they said you don't have to use a global partner option, that the available Club Select options will just appear within the searches. I'm super confused! Did this change since February 27th? Is there an easier way to find just "Club Select" reservations. The old website was so awesome and easy. Thanks for any input!

I don't have the "Global Partner" box. Does everyone else still have that option??

dlferree

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
He StevesWife,

Your post actually helped me figure it out. On the flexible booking option you'll see seven boxes that are probably already checked. Uncheck all of the options except for the two DestinationXchange options. You will then see all of the previous club select items. I just tried it for the United States and it worked.

As stated above, the price has either doubled or tripled from previous club select inventory. One of the recent changes DRI has made that doesn't benefit me in my opinion.

Dave

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
So what does DRI owners feel so far of the new exchange system?.. pros and cons. Thanks.

dlferree

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My first opinion was pretty negation. Actually I think I'm still negative towards it.

Cons
Initially harder to use. As stated in my previous post above, I think I have now figured out how to use it efficiently.
Cost of the exchanges have increased considerably. I used club select to purchase additional vacation weeks at a relatively inexpensive weekly rate. I don't know if I'll be able to do that in the future.

Pros
To early to list any. I don't actually have any properties to exchange into the system. I have simply used the system to purchase additional inexpensive weeks. We'll see if I will still be able to do that.

Dave

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
So what does DRI owners feel so far of the new exchange system?.. pros and cons. Thanks.
Way too expensive.
At this moment almost every things is tier 6 (12,000 pts) as per the grid for up to sleep 4
1585623404863.png

Until October 31, 2020 every unit size are the same cost as the sleep 4
1585623359890.png

After October 31, 2020, we will need to pay cash or with points for bigger units based on this grid
1585623547301.png

As a silver member, it will cost me for a 3 bdrm sleep 8 tier 6: 12,000 pts (sleep 4) + 5,500 pts (sleep 4 to sleep 8) =17,500 pts or 12,000 pts (sleep 4) + $440 (sleep 4 to sleep 8) or any combination of tier level upgrade like 2,000 pts (tier 1 sleep 4) + 5x$220 (tier 1 to tier 6) + $440 (sleep 4 to sleep 8) = 2,000 pts + $1,540. We must pay on top of this the exchange fee of $149 as silver member.
They are crazy. Those resorts are not II resorts but RCI resorts.

On II a 3 bdrm at a premium resort peak season cost 10,000 pts.
1585623777312.png

Also, when we look at the DestinationXchange for deeded weeks owners where DRI have assigned a tier level to all their resorts, we see that for a resort in Orlando in February like Mystic Dunes Resorts, the tier level assigned is 1 or 2 and not 6 like they put for HICV at Orange Lake. HICV at Orange Lake should be 2,000 (tier 1) or 4,000 pts (tier 2) and not 12,000 pts (tier 6) for a 1 bdrm. On II, Orlando in Feb is 5,500 pts for a 1 bdrm (TDI 120 to 135).
1585623972451.png

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
I posted on the Diamond Facebook sites how expensive DEX was with a cost analysis of a studio at Marriott for 9625 points which was about $1700 DR points compared to buying that same week om Marriott’s hotel website for $1200 which included room service. Most owners feel that DEX is too expensive and got better deals with II. Some observations were that short stays were more expensive than regular week stays, examples were shown in which studios, one bedrooms and 2 bedrooms cost 12,000 points at the same resort and the tier system was not equitably balanced. DR did not want to put money into Marriott’s pocketbook since Marriott now owns II. As a result they have a very hastily put together horrible exchange system. I miss Club Select.

StevesWife

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
They changed it again.
DestinationXchange Partner is the new exchange system as per the number of point inline with the grid in the DestinationXchange documentation https://cmsprod.diamondresorts.com/sites/default/files/destination-xchange-member-guide.pdf.
DestinationXchange Affiliate is probably the old Club Select/Global Partner because of the weird number of points.

Thank you so much! This has been confusing and very disappointing! I loved Club Select and how it was structured! This new thing is NOT GOOD!