• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New format to vacation club website? When did this happen?

Quilter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to sign in and am getting a page to create a new username and password.

Is this legit? When did this happen?

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
You never got the email? I got it but it was on Nov 6th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
It was a little tricky to set up if you've got your ownership within a trust.

Let's say your ownership is under "Jones Family Trust." I was successful using Jones as the first name and Trust as the last name.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
It was a little tricky to set up if you've got your ownership within a trust.

Let's say your ownership is under "Jones Family Trust." I was successful using Jones as the first name and Trust as the last name.

My timeshares are in a trust, so I created two accounts: one for myself and one for my trust. For the trust account, Marriott required me to use Trust as the last name. Trying something like "Family Trust" as the last name didn't work.

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
Well just a warning: If you have not already updated your credentials on the site. Before you start, if you do not know your Marriott Customer ID, you need to have it in order to complete the process of changing your username and password. They do not tell you that, so I did not know before I started the process

I submitted a new username and password, which were accepted. And then it asked for my Customer ID. I know how to get my Customer ID from the website, but now I can't get to the website to look it up because my old credentials no longer work.

So I called the owner services number, followed the prompt asking if I was calling about the website, which then explained to me that I needed to use the Customer ID that was contained at the bottom of the email they sent me, and if I can't find that email to check in my trash or spam folders. No kidding. I don't see any such email from them. Maybe I haven't even been sent it yet, I went there to make the change because I read about it on this thread.

What kind of moron put such a process in place?? There should have been a prompt right up front telling you not to start the process without having your Customer ID at hand, along with instructions for those that have no idea what their Customer ID is.

I can only imagine the number of phone calls owner services is going to get on this one!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mine came on Wednesday November 6th @ 8:27 pm. If I may suggest you double check your emails on or about that day and time. Hopefully this information may help others find theirs.

Last edited:

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
No, there's no sign of that email. But I eventually found my Customer ID -- had put it in a file along with my usernames and passwords a long time ago. So I'm all set. But I'm pretty sure lots of folks will not be.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
When we bought our timeshares, Marriott gave us a Vacation Club ID card, which had our name, customer ID, and Owner Services phone number on it. It's the size of a business card. I saved the card and used that for my customer ID. AFTER I went through the process to update my credentials on the website, I received the email, which had my customer ID on the bottom.

bdfitzp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Found my ID# on my maintenance invoice I recently received.