• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HPP reservation fees for an HRC owner

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow tuggers !

I have found many posts related to HPP but in trying to weed thru the topic i have not been able to find specifics related to fees. I understand the waitlist rules and all of that - but I am interested as an HRC owner in being able to book HPC inventory that shows up 6 months out. I do not have enough points at the moment to click and find out.....

With an HRC reservation we pay a reservation fee, usually a cleaning fee, sometimes a parking fee and a GC fee if sending someone else. What are the fees associated with an HPP reservation for an HRC owner? And what are the amounts?

TIA

alameda94501

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to the online portal under Member Resources there is a "Comprehensive List of HRC Fees":

upload_2019-11-13_9-27-0.png

And I've attached it.

I haven't done it myself as a legacy HRC member, but in reading the contracts it would be:

$41/$47 to reserve as an HPC exchange, and
$60 housekeeping fee on checkout.

Greetings fellow tuggers !

I have found many posts related to HPP but in trying to weed thru the topic i have not been able to find specifics related to fees. I understand the waitlist rules and all of that - but I am interested as an HRC owner in being able to book HPC inventory that shows up 6 months out. I do not have enough points at the moment to click and find out.....

With an HRC reservation we pay a reservation fee, usually a cleaning fee, sometimes a parking fee and a GC fee if sending someone else. What are the fees associated with an HPP reservation for an HRC owner? And what are the amounts?

TIA

Attachments

• 18-10-05-HRC-Fees-comprehensive_list.pdf
    591.6 KB · Views: 16

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you go to the online portal under Member Resources there is a "Comprehensive List of HRC Fees":

And I've attached it.

I haven't done it myself as a legacy HRC member, but in reading the contracts it would be:

$41/$47 to reserve as an HPC exchange, and
$60 housekeeping fee on checkout.

Thank you - I did not think to just check our website. It sounds similar except for the housekeeping fee - which is higher and would even be paid for a full week.

Even with all of the negatives related to HPP, having access to their inventory seems plausible for offseason which is when we usually travel - and it also allows more flexibility with the number of days.

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
HPC Saturday nights cost a lot of points, so if you book 6 nights (excluding Saturday) it saves a lot of points compared to HRC. Example, same 3br unit:

HPC:
Hyatt Residence Club, Grand Aspen
1530 POINTS

Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 6 Night Stay

HRC:
2520 POINTS
Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 7 Night Stay

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Hyatt Portfolio stays seem to have all kinds of extra fees attached to them. I’ve looked at one night cost using portfolio points where the fees charged exceeded the value of the points needed to make the booking. Same goes for the fees to move your regular points into portfolio points each year when you also become a portfolio member. That’s one of the main reasons I have told the Portfolio salespersons “NO THANK YOU”

However under the original Hyatt Vacation (Residence) club system when you stay under a HRC reservation for the full week at all clubs that there is no cleaning fee. as far as I know!

Only when you do a split week, ( except at the Colorado Clubs where there is no cleaning fees for split weeks). It all varies based on original contract it appears. Colorado clubs have always never charged for split week cleans. But if allowed some clubs in other locations that never charged for a fee are now charging. The policy can and does gets changed by the Boards of the various clubs. FYI. At Aspen there is a resort fee and parking fee if you come in with a reservation that is not made through the Hyatt reservation system. ie such as if someone was able to trade in through II or some other way other than through Hyatt owner points. but I think there still is no charge for a split week, for sure for Hyatt Club owners.

Also I have always, so far, been able to negotiate away the so called split week “cleaning fee” when I had a continuous stay of more than a week in the same unit. Such as 10 straight days in the same unit. it’s just common sense, and all resort managers have accommodated me by waiving the fee for the split week tacked on to a full week.

Again however policies are different at EVERY CLUB, and can change at anytime apparently. Unless there is some original contract language that prevents the boards from implementing certain type of new fees at their clubs. The lack of consistency across all clubs is very irritating.

Last edited:

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
HPC Saturday nights cost a lot of points, so if you book 6 nights (excluding Saturday) it saves a lot of points compared to HRC. Example, same 3br unit:

HPC:
1530 POINTS

Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 6 Night Stay

HRC:
2520 POINTS
Sun, Apr 12, 2020, 7 Night Stay

There is a sweet spot with HPC if your reservation doesn’t include a Saturday as there is a nice points savings. However there is a sour spot in HPC with the cleaning fee in that if your reservation is a series of single nights, it’s $60 per night per reservation. ie: A 3 night stay with 3 separate reservations will cost you $180 upon check out.