• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Kaanapali Beach (HKB) Availability

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
hi everyone!

I know this question has been asked before. I’ve checked past posts but haven’t found enough info yet.

Quick background info: we have been SBP owners for 6 years (Vistana) and use it only as a trader on Interval. That’s given us everything we want except HKB never shows up (I’ve seen almost all other Hyatt Properties). So we have been considering also owning a deeded week at the Hyatt Residence Club (not interested in HPP) for 2 years so quite familiar with the system. Long time lurker on his forum.

(We have stayed at HKB twice in the last 2 years, actually just checked out today. We are booked to go back next year. We absolutely love it!)

I am well aware of the old adage of buy where you want to stay. So my question is how often do you see availability for HKB pop up on the internal hyatt system? How last minute is it? Do your ongoing searches ever match? We are super flexible on dates and can travel last minute. We met a few non-HKB owners last week who booked about 3 weeks ago.

Should we:
1. Purchase a deeded week EOY 2bd for HKB (about $13k and $2700 in mf / 2200pts)

2. Purchase Pinon pointe (or sunset beach or wild oak etc) diamond week ($7-14(?)k but only $1100-$1300 in mf also 2200 pts)

3. Wait for a float week to pop up on resale (might be less than the deeded week since they retail for less?)

I wouldn’t be sad on the off years we can’t get in. I’m happy to go skiing in Breck or enjoy some sunshine in Key West. So just how rare is a 2 bedroom going to show up on the internal exchange site?

Thanks all!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
hi everyone!

I know this question has been asked before. I’ve checked past posts but haven’t found enough info yet.

Quick background info: we have been SBP owners for 6 years (Vistana) and use it only as a trader on Interval. That’s given us everything we want except HKB never shows up (I’ve seen almost all other Hyatt Properties). So we have been considering also owning a deeded week at the Hyatt Residence Club (not interested in HPP) for 2 years so quite familiar with the system. Long time lurker on his forum.

(We have stayed at HKB twice in the last 2 years, actually just checked out today. We are booked to go back next year. We absolutely love it!)

I am well aware of the old adage of buy where you want to stay. So my question is how often do you see availability for HKB pop up on the internal hyatt system? How last minute is it? Do your ongoing searches ever match? We are super flexible on dates and can travel last minute. We met a few non-HKB owners last week who booked about 3 weeks ago.

Should we:
1. Purchase a deeded week EOY 2bd for HKB (about $13k and $2700 in mf / 2200pts)

2. Purchase Pinon pointe (or sunset beach or wild oak etc) diamond week ($7-14(?)k but only $1100-$1300 in mf also 2200 pts)

3. Wait for a float week to pop up on resale (might be less than the deeded week since they retail for less?)

I wouldn’t be sad on the off years we can’t get in. I’m happy to go skiing in Breck or enjoy some sunshine in Key West. So just how rare is a 2 bedroom going to show up on the internal exchange site?

Thanks all!
We
hi everyone!

Should we:

Thanks all!
If you have flexibility than yes you will get in on a trade but probably not mid winter or even July. We have gotten rooms in May, June, April fairly regularly . If you need school holidays then it will be difficult. We own at Pinon Pointe and Beach House and have been quite happy with the internal exchanges we have gotten We also bought at Kierland as it is much easier to get in at the Westins down the road though not nearly as nice! Let us know what you decide. HKB is my all time favorite! We have 2 days in Jan to tag onto our Westin reservation and a week in April reserved.

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Great to hear! We are totally flexible and can do travel within 30 days too.

Have you noticed less inventory over time now that the resort is closer to selling out?

When you did make your HKB reservations, is it something that’s readily available or you have to be up first thing in the morning, check and snag? (Like with II)

Or did you have to use ongoing search?

Are you headed to Westin Nanea or Westin Kaanapali in Jan? We just spent a week at Nanea (interval trade) and 5 nights at HKB. Loved both but prefer HKB for its more boutique feel and overall just less crowded, better and bigger patios, all 2bd have an ocean view and just easier to manage the distances/proximities with 2 kids. Not complaining about Nanea of course especially since i only used a 1bd from my SBP lockoff to get into a 2bd Nanea

We

If you have flexibility than yes you will get in on a trade but probably not mid winter or even July. We have gotten rooms in May, June, April fairly regularly . If you need school holidays then it will be difficult. We own at Pinon Pointe and Beach House and have been quite happy with the internal exchanges we have gotten We also bought at Kierland as it is much easier to get in at the Westins down the road though not nearly as nice! Let us know what you decide. HKB is my all time favorite! We have 2 days in Jan to tag onto our Westin reservation and a week in April reserved.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We typically find them 6 mos out and less often from waitlist. We search every morning when we are hunting lol.There does seem to be a lot of last minute reservations but we havent made use of those. Most Hyatt inventory is 6 mos prior as you need to release your week at that point if you arent using it

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great to hear! We are totally flexible and can do travel within 30 days too.

Have you noticed less inventory over time now that the resort is closer to selling out?

When you did make your HKB reservations, is it something that’s readily available or you have to be up first thing in the morning, check and snag? (Like with II)

Or did you have to use ongoing search?

Are you headed to Westin Nanea or Westin Kaanapali in Jan? We just spent a week at Nanea (interval trade) and 5 nights at HKB. Loved both but prefer HKB for its more boutique feel and overall just less crowded, better and bigger patios, all 2bd have an ocean view and just easier to manage the distances/proximities with 2 kids. Not complaining about Nanea of course especially since i only used a 1bd from my SBP lockoff to get into a 2bd Nanea
We are at north in Jan. We stayed in Nanea in past trips and loved it especially as my 2 yr old grand baby was there and the pool was great for her. We dont seem to get great views with Westin so are now bidding oceanfront

SunsetMaven

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Beach House
Disney Bay Lake
Disney Animal Kingdom
Disney Grand Floridian
Same here (for interval and hunting every day!) how many days of hunting do you generally do til a 2 bdrm HKB shows up?

Does Hyatt charge any fees if I reserve my home week (just in case) then change it if something else shows up? And overall does Hyatt charge any annual dues to be in the HRC system?

Thanks!

We typically find them 6 mos out and less often from waitlist. We search every morning when we are hunting lol.There does seem to be a lot of last minute reservations but we havent made use of those. Most Hyatt inventory is 6 mos prior as you need to release your week at that point if you arent using it

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Reserving home week - no fee.
Cancellation - $51