• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally closing on our new home in a 55+ Plus community

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
So tomorrow morning we are closing on our new home in a 55+ Plus community. I am so excited.

It has been challenging at times. One was getting my other half on board as he had no interest in moving, it tested our relationship. I actually think he is excited now. Getting our house sold didn’t go smoothly. We were in contract and the buyers cancelled because their buyers cancelled. We reduced our price to get a quick sale which got another offer immediately. Instead of closing 2-3 days after we closed on our new home, it will be 3 weeks after. I am still anxious about the deal going through. Only when you close it is for sure.

I have already made 6 new friends, all close to my age and have signed up to go to a holiday party.

Now getting all packed and moving is next. In a few more weeks it should all be done. At least I am hoping so.

:banana:

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats! I am sorry that the process has been so straining, but I hope you got the house/lot/community you wanted. I am sure your spouse will come around.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
As I said before, this is an exciting time for you. Congratulations on your new home!

Dave

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Congratulations. May you have many happy moments in your new home.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats! I am sorry that the process has been so straining, but I hope you got the house/lot/community you wanted. I am sure your spouse will come around.
I believe he has come around. No negative comments and actively participating in decorating his man cave. The garage condo we got for his collector cars I believe was the tipping point. We closed on it already and he is happy with it.

lockewong

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club, Marriott Kauai Beach Club, West 57th, The Central at 5th, HGVC Bay Club, Tahoe Seasons
Congratulations! It sounds ideal for you and you did your research. Wonderful that your spouse is on board. Change is incredibly hard and scary. Enjoy.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe he has come around. No negative comments and actively participating in decorating his man cave. The garage condo we got for his collector cars I believe was the tipping point. We closed on it already and he is happy with it.
That would certainly do it for me! Congratulations, and may you have years and years of happiness and satisfaction!

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Panina, I wish you and your husband must success in your new home and community.
I feel making new friends is the hardest part of moving for some people’s.
Congratulations and Good Luck to You and your husband.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Yay! So happy for you! What a great XMAS present to yourselves!

Try not to worry about your former home closing. Easier said than done, I know, but it will close!

Best wishes!

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Just like other major events - going off to college, getting a real job, marriage, etc., it adds excitement to your life. I'm sure you will love it.
DHs stroke necessitated we move three years ago, and I am so happy where we landed. This is the friendliest neighborhood ever, and very walkable. (I haven't sorted through every box yet, but Shhhh, I don't want to discourage you).

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
So tomorrow morning we are closing on our new home in a 55+ Plus community. I am so excited.

It has been challenging at times. One was getting my other half on board as he had no interest in moving, it tested our relationship. I actually think he is excited now. Getting our house sold didn’t go smoothly. We were in contract and the buyers cancelled because their buyers cancelled. We reduced our price to get a quick sale which got another offer immediately. Instead of closing 2-3 days after we closed on our new home, it will be 3 weeks after. I am still anxious about the deal going through. Only when you close it is for sure.

I have already made 6 new friends, all close to my age and have signed up to go to a holiday party.

Now getting all packed and moving is next. In a few more weeks it should all be done. At least I am hoping so.

:banana:

I'm so excited and happy for you Panina....That is my goal, to move into a 55+ community...I'm just saving like crazy to make this dream a reality...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Is the garage condo in the same complex as your new community... that is such a cool term -- "Garage Condo" I have never heard of this before but I love this concept...congrats on getting this...

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is the garage condo in the same complex as your new community... that is such a cool term -- "Garage Condo" I have never heard of this before but I love this concept...congrats on getting this...
Our new home has a two car garage and the house we are selling has a three car garage. My other half rented four garages in the complex he lived prior to us getting together so going to a two car was a disaster. The garage condo is about seven minutes away from us. It can fit three cars and he got the smallest one.

Think of it looking like a storage unit complex but the buildings are more upscale, rows of garage bays. Some put full baths in them, lofts with kitchens and media areas. Mine just wanted a sink, will use the community bathroom, will treat the floors and then have shelves for his stuff. I believe in time he will get a chair to relax, right now he says no. There is an association, you pay a monthly HOA fee, real estate tax, water and electricity.

I have seen many in Florida but the next nearest one to us that I am aware of is about an hour and a half away. A luxury indeed. Initially he didn’t want the cost but I wanted my sanity and said we don’t need all our timeshares now, so what we save on maintenance fees will more then cover the garage.

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our new home has a two car garage and the house we are selling has a three car garage. My other half rented four garages in the complex he lived prior to us getting together so going to a two car was a disaster. The garage condo is about seven minutes away from us. It can fit three cars and he got the smallest one.

Think of it looking like a storage unit complex but the buildings are more upscale, rows of garage bays. Some put full baths in them, lofts with kitchens and media areas. Mine just wanted a sink, will use the community bathroom, will treat the floors and then have shelves for his stuff. I believe in time he will get a chair to relax, right now he says no. There is an association, you pay a monthly HOA fee, real estate tax, water and electricity.

I have seen many in Florida but the next nearest one to us that I am aware of is about an hour and a half away. A luxury indeed. Initially he didn’t want the cost but I wanted my sanity and said we don’t need all our timeshares now, so what we save on maintenance fees will more then cover the garage.
A man cave!

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Wow, that’s sounds so cool. Like his own man cave / car cave

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!! Wishing you both the best and an easy transition. Friends that have moved into a 55+ community rave about them!!! Enjoy!

pianodinosaur

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
@Panina:

Great News!! Live long, be healthy, and prosper.