• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

This is the No.1 cruise line for your money

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We cruise with Celebrity Cruise lines and we like it because they offer excellent customer service and very good dining.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have cruised DCL 8 times. Trying the Royal Princess for the first time in June 2020...........:rolleyes: - hoping it's a "good one".

PaulaC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've been Celebrity guests for years and have no desire to cruise with Royal Caribbean, since they cater to a different clientele. The Royal line is great for families or for multi-generational outings, but we prefer Celebrity's martini bar to the zip line, water park, etc.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
RCCL & Celebrity share ownership. I prefer Celebrity's art collection aboard to RCCL's zip lines & skating rinks. The fact that fewer children are aboard is a plus. Adults acting out their own youth (silent disco's & costume parties) is different.

Off on our 20something'th Celebrity cruise next week.

Jim

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
We have been very happy with Celebrity. However, the key (like most travel) is matching the experience to your style and desires.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our 15 or so cruises we've been on probably 6-8 different cruise lines. We enjoy Celebrity for cruises under 10 days or so. For longer cruises we like Princess because they have laundromats that we haven't found on other cruise lines.
Bart

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
On our 15 or so cruises we've been on probably 6-8 different cruise lines. We enjoy Celebrity for cruises under 10 days or so. For longer cruises we like Princess because they have laundromats that we haven't found on other cruise lines.
Bart
Boy, now THERE'S a reason to pick a cruiseline! After one has a certain number of nights on Celebrity, they do your laundry. Granted, it's just one bag, but it holds basically a washer load, and since we get two, we get along fine, even on longer cruises. Not enough of a bother to get me to spend time in a laundromat.

One teeny-tiny piece of advice. Whichever (major) cruiseline you start with, stick with it. The perks will keep getting better with their loyalty clubs. And the perks transfer to their 'partner' lines- like Celebrity/RCCL/Azamera or Carnival/Holland America/Princess, etc.

Jim

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
lee5, have you sailed on the new Celebrity ship The Edge and what were your candid impressions?

We enjoyed the new Aqua class stateroom with the Infinite Veranda and The Blu restaurant .

We only dine in one speciality restaurant on this cruise and that was The Fine Cut Steakhouse and it was excellence IMO.
I missed the Murano restaurant.

The overall ship decor was very difference especially The Eden area overall we enjoyed the new ship.

My spouse enjoyed sitting and relaxing on The Magic Carpet.
My favor spot was relaxing in the spa area and Persian Garden with those therapeutic heated tile lounge chairs and the massaging rainfall water therapy room and that traditional Turkish bath.

Wish I was on cruise ship in the Caribbean because it is cold and windy in Coastal Virginia. LOL:D

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Boy, now THERE'S a reason to pick a cruiseline! After one has a certain number of nights on Celebrity, they do your laundry. Granted, it's just one bag, but it holds basically a washer load, and since we get two, we get along fine, even on longer cruises. Not enough of a bother to get me to spend time in a laundromat.

One teeny-tiny piece of advice. Whichever (major) cruiseline you start with, stick with it. The perks will keep getting better with their loyalty clubs. And the perks transfer to their 'partner' lines- like Celebrity/RCCL/Azamera or Carnival/Holland America/Princess, etc.

Jim
I guess it makes a little more sense by telling you my wife is allergic to most cleaning detergents they use. Her entire upper body becomes a rash. It happened to her a few years ago and the kids have never let her live it down. It is now always kept in our luggage so there aren't any mistakes.
Bart

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I guess it makes a little more sense by telling you my wife is allergic to most cleaning detergents they use. Her entire upper body becomes a rash. It happened to her a few years ago and the kids have never let her live it down. It is now always kept in our luggage so there aren't any mistakes.
Bart
Now THAT makes sense. I'm sorry for her having allergy. I've broken out in hives a couple of times and it's no fun.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We (I Do, LOL) liked Celebrity laundry service, one night at the theatre, I accidentally spilled a glass of red wine on my spouse white pants. I am going to omitted my spouse comments from this thread.

Celebrity laundry department was able to remove the stain with out any problem and there was no extra charge. Her pants did not Shrink and the wine spill stain was completely gone. My angel was with me. Thanks you.

Oh was a Big Relief .:cheer::wave::cheer::wave::hi::cheer:

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
lee5, have you sailed on the new Celebrity ship The Edge and what were your candid impressions?

We enjoyed the new Aqua class stateroom with the Infinite Veranda and The Blu restaurant .

We only dine in one speciality restaurant on this cruise and that was The Fine Cut Steakhouse and it was excellence IMO.
I missed the Murano restaurant.

The overall ship decor was very difference especially The Eden area overall we enjoyed the new ship.

My spouse enjoyed sitting and relaxing on The Magic Carpet.
My favor spot was relaxing in the spa area and Persian Garden with those therapeutic heated tile lounge chairs and the massaging rainfall water therapy room and that traditional Turkish bath.

Wish I was on cruise ship in the Caribbean because it is cold and windy in Coastal Virginia. LOL:D

We were on the EDGE in an Infinite veranda on her eastern Caribbean inaugural last December. I found drawbacks to the IV but loved the decor of the ship and the 4 main dining room concept. I thought the buffet seating was well-planned. Eden is a lovely space but missed the forward lounge. The MC was only opened a few times on our cruise, but I definitely enjoyed having a drink on it.

Following that cruise we did a B2B on the Eclipse from Buenos Aires to San Diego- I prefer the S-class over the Edge, but not too happy about renovations that will eliminate the library and game room and replace them with inside cabins. The look of the atrium will be changed.

We are booked on our 1st Royal cruise next summer that has a great itinerary- Copenhagen, Kristiansand, Oslo, Bergen, Le Havre, La Coruna, Vigo, Lisbon, Gibraltar and Tarragona. The price was right and we are Diamond status thanks to being Elite on Celeb. I was hoping to find a Celebrity cruise that worked with our timeshare trade to Royal Regency since we are pretty close to Elite Plus, but none compared to that of the Jewel.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice cruise, Barb! Since this thread is about 'Best for the Money' I'll kick in my $.02 worth. Choosing a cruise based on price is often a mistake. My feeling is that by sticking with one of the 'better' lines and getting 'status', (This just takes 3-4 cruises), you start getting perks, like laundry, a free daily cocktail hour, upgraded cabins and dining rooms and priority boarding. Cheap, meaningless perks, but perks nonetheless.

We are sailing Celebrity Millennium shortly. It has been updated. Stay tuned for the result. Due to the aforementioned status, we are entitled to a one cabin class upgrade, and this cruise was not full, so X put suites on sale. So we got a suite, complete with butler for the price of a standard balcony cabin. Private dining room, lounge w/free drinks, show seats on the front row of the theater balcony and all.

My point is that ANY cruise line can be great 'for the price' if you learn how to take the system. Kinda like timeshares.

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Beejaybeeohio, I agreed with most you have written about The Edge. I also, missed having a true balcony and the forward lounge. We missed the Sky Lounge for this is where we would go to relax, to nap, to read and especially on our several Transatlantic cruises. This would be the place to go in evening on any long cruises over ten (10) days. The Sky Lounge is the new Suite area now? We have cruise on all the S Class Celebrity Cruise ships . Our favorite is the Reflection and I hope it is not modernize as plan by Celebrity.

We enjoyed the following on The Edge ship: the Magic Carpet, Eden without the show, Aqua spa area, The Blu restaurant and the Fine Cut Steak specially restaurant. It was excellent.

IMO. I feel you are going to enjoy the RC Diamond Lounge. It will offer free drinks and light finger snacks. The Diamond Lounge is similar to the private lounge for suite guests and Zenith members on the S and M class ships.

The best cruise in terms of costs IMO are the TransAtlantic cruises . They are over fourteen (14) days and foods served on aboard these cruises are excellent.
Our favorite is the one from Fort Lauderdale to Rome,Italy.

Last edited:

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
We have only been on one cruise- Holland America from Vancouver to Alaska. We enjoyed it but decided we aren’t big cruise people.

That said, we just booked a 12 night Baltic Sea cruise out of Amsterdam on RC for June 2021. I wasn’t planning to book it this soon, but as we looked at them a number of parlors were already booked. We will be visiting Copenhagen, Stockholm, Estonia, St Petersburg- Russia and one or two other cities. We started out wanting to visit Stockholm and Copenhagen and then realized this would be a good way to see a number of different sites without planes or trains. We will add on some other places either before or after the cruise too. It should be interesting.

Best regards.

Mike

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our second favorite TransAtlantic Cruises is from Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our second favorite TransAtlantic Cruises is from Fort Lauderdale to Amsterdam.
I prefer my transatlantics westbound, so that you get 6-in-a-row, 25 hour days instead of 6, 23 hour days Eastbound. Otoh, cruising homeward, I find myself getting up at 0400!

Jim

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I totally understand eastbound transatlantic cruises the time clock does change and you lose sleep.
But my Commandef-in-Chief loved eastbound transatlantic cruise. LOL.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Nice cruise, Barb! Since this thread is about 'Best for the Money' I'll kick in my $.02 worth. Choosing a cruise based on price is often a mistake. My feeling is that by sticking with one of the 'better' lines and getting 'status', (This just takes 3-4 cruises), you start getting perks, like laundry, a free daily cocktail hour, upgraded cabins and dining rooms and priority boarding. Cheap, meaningless perks, but perks nonetheless.

We are sailing Celebrity Millennium shortly. It has been updated. Stay tuned for the result. Due to the aforementioned status, we are entitled to a one cabin class upgrade, and this cruise was not full, so X put suites on sale. So we got a suite, complete with butler for the price of a standard balcony cabin. Private dining room, lounge w/free drinks, show seats on the front row of the theater balcony and all.

My point is that ANY cruise line can be great 'for the price' if you learn how to take the system. Kinda like timeshares.

Jim

Jim. that is great!! We lucked out once on the Silhouette- thanks to the roll call on Cruise Critic, someone posted about Sky Suite GTY pricing that was only $100 more pp than the Aqua cabins we had. Fred & I ended up in a Sky Suite One on Deck 6. At that time there was no Luminae. You & Paula will love the experience.

What is the itinerary?

Beejaybeeohio, I agreed with most you have written about The Edge. I also, missed having a true balcony and the forward lounge. We missed the Sky Lounge for this is where we would go to relax, to nap, to read and especially on our several Transatlantic cruises. This would be the place to go in evening on any long cruises over ten (10) days. The Sky Lounge is the new Suite area now? We have cruise on all the S Class Celebrity Cruise ships . Our favorite is the Reflection and I hope it is not modernize as plan by Celebrity.

We enjoyed the following on The Edge ship: the Magic Carpet, Eden without the show, Aqua spa area, The Blu restaurant and the Fine Cut Steak specially restaurant. It was excellent.

IMO. I feel you are going to enjoy the RC Diamond Lounge. It will offer free drinks and light finger snacks. The Diamond Lounge is similar to the private lounge for suite guests and Zenith members on the S and M class ships.

The best cruise in terms of costs IMO are the TransAtlantic cruises . They are over fourteen (14) days and foods served on aboard these cruises are excellent.
Our favorite is the one from Fort Lauderdale to Rome,Italy.

Friends of our made thru the Cruise Critic roll call on an Eclipse TA in 2017 are encouraging us to join them on the Constellation from Rome to Tampa in 2021. This cruise is now on our radar. Thanks for the positive about the RC Diamond Lounge, too!

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have sailed on the Constellation and it was very nice. It is an older "M Class Ship." They have exteriors elevators that are on both sides of the ship with a view outlooking the ocean. Very Nice.
The stateroom are large on The Edge because of their the new balcony concept. Pros & Cons.
The speciality restaurants on The Constellation are the Sushi on Five and the Tuscan Grille. Their maybe more restaurants, I cannot remember right now.
The Constellation was the highest rated ship in the Celebrity fleet before the introduction of The Solstice classes ships.
She is well maintain with some outstanding crew members and officers staff.
Please read CC to learn more about the Constellation. I feel you are going to really enjoy cruising from Rome to the new Celebrity port in Tampa, FL.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jim. that is great!! We lucked out once on the Silhouette- thanks to the roll call on Cruise Critic, someone posted about Sky Suite GTY pricing that was only $100 more pp than the Aqua cabins we had. Fred & I ended up in a Sky Suite One on Deck 6. At that time there was no Luminae. You & Paula will love the experience.

What is the itinerary?

This was a similar deal that P was turned onto on Roll Call. $100/pp for Sky 1 on 6. 2 weeks Yokohama, Osaka, Kobe, Pusan, Shanghai, Taiwan, Hong Kong. Milly is in and looks great post refurb.

Jim

Last edited: