• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Finally closing on our new home in a 55+ Plus community

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We are happy for you! Enjoy your new home.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Congratulations, now you can start to enjoy.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ferraris, Maseratis... I am not into Lamborghinis.
That'd work. At one point I lusted after a nice hangar for the airplane and 2-3 cars. 2-3 chairs, a TV & fridge where one could fiddle with the toys and shoot the bull with other like minded folks. Nothing like the smell of jet fuel in the morning!

Jim

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
So tomorrow morning we are closing on our new home in a 55+ Plus community. I am so excited.

It has been challenging at times. One was getting my other half on board as he had no interest in moving, it tested our relationship. I actually think he is excited now. Getting our house sold didn’t go smoothly. We were in contract and the buyers cancelled because their buyers cancelled. We reduced our price to get a quick sale which got another offer immediately. Instead of closing 2-3 days after we closed on our new home, it will be 3 weeks after. I am still anxious about the deal going through. Only when you close it is for sure.

I have already made 6 new friends, all close to my age and have signed up to go to a holiday party.

Now getting all packed and moving is next. In a few more weeks it should all be done. At least I am hoping so.

:banana:

Congrats!! That is exciting news. I personally despise moving, it's a lot of work, but, as you get settled, you will undoubtedly enjoy your new home.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I believe he has come around. No negative comments and actively participating in decorating his man cave. The garage condo we got for his collector cars I believe was the tipping point. We closed on it already and he is happy with it.

Very nice. When we move, if we ever do, I want a garage condo big enough for some stuff.

Bill

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
A garage condo is a great idea! Happy you are about to settle in to this dream of your's. Sounds great! Enjoy!

Brett

Reaction score
so that's what the car and motorcycle collectors on American Pickers have - a garage condo
I need a garage condo for my (future) vintage corvettes and Harley choppers

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new place...but more importantly have fun in the social setting that is awaiting you.

DrQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, Westgate (second cousin, twice removed)
I'm glad that you were able to find something you both like. Enjoy!

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I want to thank you all for your good wishes.

It has been a week since we closed and the painting is almost done and the movers are hired for December 2. Our current home closes December 6, just hoping that happens. This is our second contract as our first buyers canceled because their buyers canceled. Ironically 5 days after I contracted with my second buyers the first buyer found another buyer. This all happened within 10 day. So a little nervous that the closing actually happens on my current home.

There is a peace of mind and emotional happiness everyday when I venture to my new home. I must admit I am tired. Getting everything together and moving is much harder now then it was 8 years ago. I always said I am older but don’t feel older but now I do, just too much work. Just focusing on that finish line is close and I am happy.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I want to thank you all for your good wishes.

It has been a week since we closed and the painting is almost done and the movers are hired for December 2. Our current home closes December 6, just hoping that happens. This is our second contract as our first buyers canceled because their buyers canceled. Ironically 5 days after I contracted with my second buyers the first buyer found another buyer. This all happened within 10 day. So a little nervous that the closing actually happens on my current home.

There is a peace of mind and emotional happiness everyday when I venture to my new home. I must admit I am tired. Getting everything together and moving is much harder now then it was 8 years ago. I always said I am older but don’t feel older but now I do, just too much work. Just focusing on that finish line is close and I am happy.

I was just going to post to ask you how it went! Great that you got the place painted. Wish we could do that with ours when we close but ain't going to happen.

Your old home's closing will go through. It's just two weeks away! You are very lucky the way it turned out as you were able to stay in your home until you closed on your new home. Worked out perfectly! And your move is very close by so that is a big plus!

Believe me, having to move twice and live in a rental house really stinks. And the expense of it is horrible. Then our new home being built long distance. No fun at all.

That said, I can imagine how tired you must be. It is really hell to move. A lot of work and as we all get older physically exhausting. But you are there now and it will get better and better!

Best wishes and enjoy your new house and community! Keep us posted!

Last edited:

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
My sister had her condo sold and had signed papers for new townhouse. Two days before, deal fell through. Lucky for her, inspection of townhouse showed enough problems that she could withdraw her offer. She has a new contract now, but will have to put everything in storage.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
My sister had her condo sold and had signed papers for new townhouse. Two days before, deal fell through. Lucky for her, inspection of townhouse showed enough problems that she could withdraw her offer. She has a new contract now, but will have to put everything in storage.
Such a pain to move. We are staying in our house as long as possible.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook

OMG! Poor woman! That is terrible! it will work out but - ugh- .....

cyntravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your new home and adventure.
It will be worth all the work.
No BUGATTI !!
That is my favorite car.