• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

2019 Portfolio Changes/Divesting and Gaining

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
We finally have divested all of our Westin’s. As much as I loved the Westin’s, we realized that we needed more SOs, our children’s taste was more simplistic and the MF were to high for EOY. We eventually want to add an Annusl WKV Platinum but won’t execute until I find the right deal( Thrifty Mom here)
We did decide to join the Borg(MVC) w/ our latest purchase since we are tied to school schedule.

So looking at 2019, how have your portfolios changed?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Interesting question - especially seeing what stage people are at in life.

We had a big year in expanding our portfolio. We added a 2BR EOY WKORV-N OF week early in the year. Realizing we might want a slight bit more time on Maui we added a small 67,100 WFlex package which also ended up re qualifying our 2BR EOY SDO week now worth 148,100 SO. Our MF's have climbed significantly (up from $1700 to $3800) but it's well worth it for what we are now getting.

I think we'll be done for the next bit. I'm considering adding a HGVC week to get access to Oahu or the Big Island, but I want to see how things settle out with the potential merger there. I can't see us adding much more Vistana in the near future.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We made most of our changes in 2016 and 2017. 2016 was the year which we retired and I felt that we should downsize our portfolio due to financial commitment of escalating MF.

We sold a couple of Vistana weeks in 2016. I was also in correspondence with Marriott resale department to sell our 2 weeks through them in 2016 but I was told that the queue was very long ahead of us.

In Sep 2017, something changed and we ended up buying a bundle through MVC to get us to Presidential level. The interesting thing was in Oct 2017, the Marriott resale department reached out to me to sign documents to sell the 2 weeks which I had put on their waiting list the year before. With the purchase, we were committed to wanting to be at Presidential level which meant we weren't going to sell anything that was MVC. It then made sense to sell our Worldmark contract. We now only own Vistana and MVC timeshares and still have more than we can use. Between a sick cat at home and rejoining the country club here and playing lots of golf, we are struggling to use all that we own. I figure we will divest in about 10 years' time as we get older.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
We are in a holding pattern for now with 3 TS (2 HGVC annuals and 1 WKORVN EOY). We were considering adding an SVV Mandatory EOY to get an SO trader, and another HGVC 7 k unit, however with changes pending in both the MVC and HGVC systems we have decided to wait and see.

Last edited:

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
We just sold our St John 3 bed pool villa, and are considering selling our 2 bed WKV platinum week as well. Too many weeks to own. We will still be 5 star post these transactions and that is plenty for us. There comes a time when you look at all that you own, and you realize what you really need. We still love the Westins, and find that we are able to book and get what we want in terms of reservations.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently retired and downsizing since our travel patterns are changing. Still looking forward to occasional TS stays (Westins are great), but they'll be done as rentals, and we won't be tied to MFs. Recently sold DVC BCV, which I divested first because we almost never went to Orlando, and it was easy to sell due to the high demand. Working on the Westins next.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
First timeshare in 1988. Bought and bought and bought but have never sold anything. Making great use of everything in our retirement. Probably on the road (mostly timeshares) 6 to 8 months of the year.

Grandma2016

Reaction score
Last year added a couple week 52 units to our portfolio. We are in our early 50s so not quite retired yet although we do spend about 5 to 6 weeks on Maui. Love our timeshare at KOR south and north. Best part our 3 week 52s provide almost enough rent to cover all 8 weeks of MF. We use our ownership, our kids and now grandbabies come as well. Very happy with it.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
Added two Marriott Grande Vista gold season and two Vistana Villages 2BR lockoff platinum season voluntary weeks. Paid around $1500 for all four of them and got 2020 usage free on three, rented two of those weeks and netted about $1000 (after the $1500 noted above and rental fees on RedWeek) plus a free week at Marriott Ocean Pointe in June (traded through Florida Club). We also own Destination Points and a TS in Mexico that is paid off with no MFs.

I think we're good for now - the MF bills are tamping down the acquisition budget and I'm maxing out my vacation time anyway. We're hitting up Florida hard in 2020 before my daughter goes to college and we'll use up our Universal Annual passes.