• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Do You Still Print Your Boarding Pass?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yes, I do. I like having that piece of paper.

I also don't want to rely on the app on my phone.

There have been a few times I've checked in online and then waited until I got to the airport to actually print the boarding pass, but that has only been when I don't have the ability to print the pass ahead of time.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Nope, haven’t printed them since I got my smartphone years ago.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I print everything - boarding passes, airline and timeshare reservations, car rental agreements, tour confirmations - all of it. I take it along in a manila envelope, just in case I need to prove something during the trip. When I get home, I add any other receipts or things that have intrinsic value to me about the trip, and I file the envelope with that trip's name and date on it. It's good being able to go back and see what something cost, how far ahead of time I made those plans, what we did during the trip, and so forth. In the case of boarding passes, I want to trust my phone, but if I misplaced, lost, or my phone battery died, I'd have to scramble to come up with the pass again. :shrug:

Dave

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
No - but I will gladly accept them from the agent when I check in. :)

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
Yes, I do. I like having that piece of paper.

I also don't want to rely on the app on my phone.

There have been a few times I've checked in online and then waited until I got to the airport to actually print the boarding pass, but that has only been when I don't have the ability to print the pass ahead of time.
How do you print the boarding pass at the airport? One of the membership lounges?

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
How do you print the boarding pass at the airport? One of the membership lounges?
The kiosk where the bag check is located. I have used it for Hawaiian, Alaska, Southwest, and American for sure. I assume that they all have kiosks, but I am not sure about the others.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I used to use my phone, but over the years the paper one just seems like less hassle. Also, I recently had to provide my boarding pass to get some mileage to post. Not sure how that works if you used your phone (I suppose there's a way) but it was handy to have my boarding pass for proof.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
DW wants them printed. I only print if I'm traveling on airline where I don't have the app.

Pieces of paper are just another thing for me to misplace. The phone doesn't get lost. DW's DNA is completely different from mine. Electronics are alien to her - she accommodates them only as needed and as a necessary evil. So she wants the paper. I give her a copy of my paper boarding pass as well.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I print everything - boarding passes, airline and timeshare reservations, car rental agreements, tour confirmations - all of it. I take it along in a manila envelope, just in case I need to prove something during the trip. When I get home, I add any other receipts or things that have intrinsic value to me about the trip, and I file the envelope with that trip's name and date on it. It's good being able to go back and see what something cost, how far ahead of time I made those plans, what we did during the trip, and so forth. In the case of boarding passes, I want to trust my phone, but if I misplaced, lost, or my phone battery died, I'd have to scramble to come up with the pass again. :shrug:

Dave
Ditto and ditto, I print everything as a safety backup.

I can misplace by smartphone sometimes. LOL.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Yes I always print my boarding passes. It saves me the anxiety of something going wrong with the phone. I also print all my reservation confirmations to PDF files that I copy to the phone using Dropbox. Then I make hard copies of the PDF files to carry with me. It may be excessive, but I sleep better at night.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Absolutely. When I travel there is so much to remember and I find the whole TSA thing so flustering. So I like everything super secure in my bag including my phone. I rarely have pockets, too, so I don't have a convenient place to put my phone. Just easier, and less worry to hold that piece of paper.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Like many others I print out everything for our trips. I have a plastic envelope I keep it in, along with copies of our passports. I use the envelopes to put receipts from the trip as I gather them. I also have things that I take on our annual trips, like the subway passes for NYC, museum membership cars, coffee punch cards, etc.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
If there is no baggage kiosk the person who checks you in will print the boarding passes for you.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Easy. There are kiosks near the ticket counters unless you're flying 'Fred's Airline'.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep. I fumble with the phone, and having a paper boarding pass is just one of my little things that reduce my stress.

Like @DaveNW, we have a red file folder for EVERY trip, with all the boarding passes, hotel (or TS) confirmations, any points of interest stuff for a trip. Then when we get home it goes into magazine file boxes. We have them back more than 20 years to on future trips back to a place, we can look in the 'red file' and see what we did, where we stayed, find phone numbers or contacts or even just revive the memories of previous trips.

Jim

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Yep. I fumble with the phone, and having a paper boarding pass is just one of my little things that reduce my stress.

Like @DaveNW, we have a red file folder for EVERY trip, with all the boarding passes, hotel (or TS) confirmations, any points of interest stuff for a trip. Then when we get home it goes into magazine file boxes. We have them back more than 20 years to on future trips back to a place, we can look in the 'red file' and see what we did, where we stayed, find phone numbers or contacts or even just revive the memories of previous trips.

Jim

I should also mention when I start planning a new trip, I create an email sub folder for that trip name. I put the online versions of emailed reservations and confirmations in there, and it contains the latest and greatest copies of things. That’s helpful when car reservations change due to price drops. Sorting the sub folders by year and month, I can find quick history on a certain vacation. I can look back over the date ranges and quickly see when a certain trip happened, so when I am asked “Where did we stay the last time we went to New York?” I can quickly answer. Overkill? Maybe. But I like having the records easily accessible.

Dave

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark

We ended up buying a new printer for Cliff when we returned from one trip -- TSA turned us away because our printed passes wouldn't scan. Apparently that is common enough that there is a kiosk not far from the TSA line at LAX.