• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Electric Blankets & Throws

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Looking for a Electric Blanket that is lightweight
and feels ultra soft, cozy and comfortable.

Also for an oversized heated throw blanket,
just to keep warm when relaxing or watching tv.

How do you compare brands, plush fabric textures,
heat control settings & prices when buying a blanket?

Anyone have a "Beautyrest" Microlight fleece front,
Reverse to Berber Oversized Heated Throw Blanket?

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
We have a heated mattress pad , the bigger ones have dual controls. JC Penny , Kohls.
She loves it. My side is off.

My wife has a heated throw as well

Problem I see is the extra heat doesn't allow you to get use to the weather change making you uncomfortable when you are away from that heated heaven.

Most the time No happy medium, she runs it full blast. It's actually hot to the touch. That's not a smart way to do it. What do I know, I'm just a HVAC contractor. All summer as well

Dave

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
My wife bought me a Sunbeam Queen fleece electric blanket with 5 heat settings. I think she bought it at Walmart. It works very well. I usually leave it at the 3 setting but occasionally its on 5. It automatically turns off after 10 hours if I forget. I use this on the couch watching tv or napping mostly. Haven't used it in bed.

Bill

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think we bought our electric blanket from Costco, brand is Sunbeam. My husband runs the air conditioner very cold all year around, even in winter, as he loves to sleep in cold air while lying under a heavy blanket. He hates to be cold during the day. No kidding. I run the electric blanket all year around as I cannot stand how cold my husband likes to keep the bedroom. It has an auto off setting and a Pre-heat setting. The heat setting goes from L, 1 to 9 and H. There is a button on the right for pre-heat to bring the heat up for a while and it drops back to whatever setting you have it set for. I run the pre-heat setting when I first get in bed and whenever I get back from the bathroom. I hate how cold the room is. Miserable.

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I have a sunbeam flannel throw but it's packed away somewhere while we are in this temporary housing. I only used it in our former house when for whatever reason we did not have a fire going , which was rare, while watching TV. It has a knob with several settings to adjust.

Here there is no fireplace or wood stove so if it gets cold I just put on a fleece robe or top.

I like it cool when I sleep, so essentially I use a thin fleece type blanket and very light/thin quilt year round with the heat on or AC.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Sumbeam heated throw. Plaid flannel on one side, fleece on the other. I drape it over the recliner I sit in to watch TV and can pull it around me. Multiple heat settings and auto-off after about 2 hours (iirc). Haven't felt the need for it yet this season, but it's handy, just in case.

We also have Sunbeam 'Comfy Toes' pads on our beds at home They are about 2' X 4' and go across the foot of the bed under the mattress cover (above the mattress). 3 heat settings. We turn it on 'low' before bedtime so the foot of the bed is warm when we climb in. It sure beats the whole bed being warm.

Seems to me I got the throw on Amazon and the Comfy Toes at Walmart for about half the price that Amazon wanted.

Jim

Brett

Reaction score
I also use a Sunbeam electric blanket / throw ..... are they all made by sunbeam ???

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
My DD room is always cold. I was considering getting her some sort of heated blanket for Christmas.....but then I thought, there is a good chance it will be harder to get her out of bed in the morning into the cooler room. Is this probable for those of you that have one....the preference it to stay snuggly warm?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also use a Sunbeam electric blanket / throw ..... are they all made by sunbeam ???
I don't know about 'ALL', but they are a leading maker. Those we have have all been dependable and worked as expected.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My DD room is always cold. I was considering getting her some sort of heated blanket for Christmas.....but then I thought, there is a good chance it will be harder to get her out of bed in the morning into the cooler room. Is this probable for those of you that have one....the preference it to stay snuggly warm?
She maybe better off getting a small stove style electric fireplace to warm the room. They work very well. This is my favorite and we have 2 of them, although I don't get to use it in our bedroom. That way she will not feel like she needs to stay in bed to get warmth.

https://www.electricfireplacesdirec...MIv5Tnz_305QIVsh-tBh3GxQJkEAAYASAAEgKPp_D_BwE

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*

It depends on how bad a person needs to go to the bathroom, lol.

Bill

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, since we all shop at Costco and the Sunbeam one is the one that Costco carries...you do the math. ;)

Also there was a TUGger that posted a few days ago and, in her profile, her location was listed as "Costco." LOVE HER

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had my Sunbeam electric blanket for about 7 years or longer. That thing does not break. In case it is not obvious, there are 2 separate controls, one for the left and one for the right. Since I am the only one who freezes in the refrigerator, ahem... I meant bedroom, I only run it on my side.

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score