• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Entry- still waiting

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both my wife and I applied for Global Entry on June 14th and it took three days for me to receive conditional approval. Here we are over 5 months since, and my wife is still in pending review status. Does this sound normal? I'm guessing there is no one to contact about this but I sure hope her application didn't get lost in the shuffle somewhere. Has anyone here on TUG waited longer then this recently to get conditionally approved?

Mark

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Did you set up your interview or are you waiting for your wife so you can go together? I vaguely remember that there might be a time frame in which you need to get that done. Have you checked the website to be sure her application is being processed?

I just did some checking and while it usually takes about 11 weeks to get approvial, I guess there could be exceptions. That is why I would suggest your wife go to the website to check and make sure her application is actually being processed.

How do I check the status of my Global Entry application?

We recommend that you log into your account periodically to check status. You can check the status of your application from your TTP Dashboard www.ttp.dhs.gov, which is displayed after you login. If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed.

Last edited:

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Call them. Conditional approval happens fast as you've experienced. There must be some type of hiccup with your wife's application. We had to call them as we were confused trying to set up the interview after conditional approval which both DH and I received with a couple of days and they were great.

Ingrid

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you set up your interview or are you waiting for your wife so you can go together? I vaguely remember that there might be a time frame in which you need to get that done. Have you checked the website to be sure her application is being processed?

I just did some checking and while it usually takes about 11 weeks to get approvial, I guess there could be exceptions. That is why I would suggest your wife go to the website to check and make sure her application is actually being processed.

How do I check the status of my Global Entry application?

We recommend that you log into your account periodically to check status. You can check the status of your application from your TTP Dashboard www.ttp.dhs.gov, which is displayed after you login. If your application status is "Pending Review" then your application has been received and is being processed.

The plan is to wait so we can go for interviews at the same time. I do check at least every other day and yep, hers is in "pending review" stage (I get the 6 digit code sent to me cell phone and log in using the email address for her application).

mark201235

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call them. Conditional approval happens fast as you've experienced. There must be some type of hiccup with your wife's application. We had to call them as we were confused trying to set up the interview after conditional approval which both DH and I received with a couple of days and they were great.

Ingrid

I didn't see a phone number to call. I'll have to go back and look for it.

Thanks.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
We did ours about a year ago and had no problems except they did change one of our interview times but it only threw us about 15 minutes later. Our biggest problem was going to San Francisco airport in rush hour traffic.

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
We did ours about a year ago and had no problems except they did change one of our interview times but it only threw us about 15 minutes later. Our biggest problem was going to San Francisco airport in rush hour traffic.

We dodged that bullet, traffic that is. We had our appts set up at SFO, however they were cancelled due to personnel being redeployed to the border. As we had an int'l trip coming up we decided to do our interviews upon our return...easy peasy. Additionally, no proof of residency docs were required. We received acceptance notification in an e-mail within a few days and our cards came in the mail about a week after. We're set for the next 5 years!

Ingrid

tiel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both of us just completed our first renewal of GE. The whole process, from application submission through approval took little over 3 weeks. Neither of us had to do another interview. On our original application, it took about 5 weeks to get to the interview point, and then maybe a week or two to actually get to the appointment at IAD. We did them at the same time, as the OP is attempting to do.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Both of us just completed our first renewal of GE. The whole process, from application submission through approval took little over 3 weeks. Neither of us had to do another interview. On our original application, it took about 5 weeks to get to the interview point, and then maybe a week or two to actually get to the appointment at IAD. We did them at the same time, as the OP is attempting to do.
I need to renew in 2020. Since it's tied to your birthday dh has to renew before I do. I'm hoping neither of us needs to do another interview.

I believe the OP was applying for an initial Global Entry, not renewal.