• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Which place is still on your bucket list?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I want to go to Arizona, Arkansas, Aruba, Spain, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Israel, Greece, Yellowstone and back to England, Ireland, Bermuda, just to name a few places.
Silentg

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to go to Arizona, Arkansas, Aruba, Spain, Scotland, Germany, Switzerland, Amsterdam, Israel, Greece, Yellowstone and back to England, Ireland, Bermuda, just to name a few places.
Silentg
You need to get out more. Happy travels!

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
List is constantly changing in priority based usually on $ or lack there of. Was targeting Sri Lanka for a major trip but then Easter Sunday happened. Likely Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Spain, Colombia and New Zealand. Trip to Morocco planned for Sept. Looks like I will have done 3 different areas of Mexico in just over a year. Can you tell I like Mexico?
Joan

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I do get out, these are places I haven’t been. If I list the places I have been it would be longer.
Unless you know something I don't, I would suggest Arkansas could drop to the bottom of your list. I know some lovely people from there, but have trouble thinking of much else. We made a drive from Northern California to Little Rock a few too many times when I was a child, my dad was born there.

mpizza

TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer to call it a 5-year plan rather than a bucket list!

Alaska Cruise for 2019
Croatia and Mediterranean cruise including Greek Islands, Italy (Capri) and Barcelona planned for 2020
Asian cruise including Singapore, Vietnam and Japan for 2021
Researching African Safari 2022
Love to revisit Sedona and Grand Canyon with my grandchildren in 2023

And trips to Italy every year until I can’t!

Maria

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I remember having Africa and Australia/New Zealand and Machu Pinchu and the Galapagos and Easter Island and The Pyramids and all of Europe and Nova Scotia on my bucket list. And Bolivia believe it or not (because of my childhood geography classes).

Then over the years I decided it was just too much of a hassle and expense to go to any of of them. Somehow the allure just faded.

I never was interested in seeing Asia.

I did always want to see the Northern Lights and they actually can be seen at times right here a few miles from where we live (but not from our home because of the trees) or in Vermont/New Hampshire- but I am never in the right place at the right time. It's a crap shoot. Not to mention I am rarely out at night anyway.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I remember having Africa and Australia/New Zealand and Machu Pinchu and the Galapagos and Easter Island and The Pyramids and all of Europe and Nova Scotia on my bucket list. And Bolivia believe it or not (because of my childhood geography classes). And St. John's.

Then over the years I decided it was just too much of a hassle and expense to go to any of of them. Somehow the allure just faded.

I never was interested in seeing Asia.

I did always want to see the Northern Lights and they actually can be seen at times right here a few miles from where we live (but not from our home because of the trees) or in Vermont/New Hampshire- but I am never in the right place at the right time. It's a crap shoot. Not to mention I am rarely out at night anyway.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
I feel that travel-wise, we have been just about everywhere in the world we wanted to go. Most, more than once. I cris-crossed the USA by truck for 30odd years. Everywhere 2 lines cross on a map, I've been there. In the U.S. Army, I drove heavy trucks all over Western Europe. Both my DW and I came from families with itchy feet. Road trips were part of our upbringing. We've kept it up, and instilled a wanderlust into the kids- who at mid-40's are contemplating empty nest-hood.

We have been blessed by enough income to make 2-3 trips to Europe a year for several decades, and both of us have a working knowledge of more than one language. Probably not 'fluency', but enough to express needs and get directions. What we missed in luxury goods and lifestyle and fancy new cars at home, we more than made up for in travel. We'd get a few bucks ahead and discuss, 'Well, where should we go???'.

This is a fun thread, and I enjoy seeing where TUGgers want to go, and remember all the times we have been there. Covering 800 miles in Thailand by 15 different modes of transport, from elephant to 'long-tail' boats to rail across the Bridge over the River Kwai to tuk-tuk around the Golden Triangle. We camped in Taureg tents on the Sahara, and climbed the Great Wall of China. We lived in an RV while rebuilding a relative's house, and snowmobiled in Yellowstone. All in all, travel wise, we started early and have lived a VERY full travel life. We are thankful.

As Rick Steves says, 'Keep on Travelin'!

Jim

What an exciting travel life you have had, Jim! 2-3 trips to Europe a year for several decades??? Sounds heavenly! Thailand so adventurous! Tents on the Sahara? Brave!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Silentg

I'm pretty much up for any opportunities to see new places or revisit loved ones! I'd like to go back to Sedona. Been there done that with Arkansas and Aruba (three times). Would like to see more of Spain as Barcelona is the only place I've been there. I'd like to go to the Scottish Isles, something we didn't do when we went to Scotland in the 1980's. Have only spent 5 hours in Berlin. Never to Switzerland, Amsterdam, or Israel.Hubby has been to all so not interested in going. The rest of the world can have Greece as I was not crazy about it. Tough trip when we went. Love Yellowstone and still want to see my first moose on the loose! Have spent enough time in Ireland which was wonderful. Bermuda...hmmm...I think I'd like to see it but no one else wants to go with me. Hope you make it!

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
List is constantly changing in priority based usually on $ or lack there of. Was targeting Sri Lanka for a major trip but then Easter Sunday happened. Likely Croatia, Italy, Hungary, Spain, Colombia and New Zealand. Trip to Morocco planned for Sept. Looks like I will have done 3 different areas of Mexico in just over a year. Can you tell I like Mexico?
Joan

Oh! Croatia! Loved one day there off a cruise ship and want to go back, charter a boat and captain and travel up the coast. At one time it was supposed to be reasonably priced but doubt it now. I want to go to Mexico but hubby has been doesn't like it. I maintain he hasn't been to the right places. We'll see.

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I know that I won't actually do this, but I would actually enjoy one of the tours into the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Among the possible tours, I would probably choose the river tour in that you would get to see more of the wildlife now living in the exclusion zone as well as the reactor and Pripiat (the model city that supported the workers at Chenobyl).

The route goes through the national biosphere reserve, the city of Chornobyl with a visit to the flooded ships since the time of accident, and up the Pripyat riverbed along the cooling pond, right up to the big pumping station near the ChNPP, where is the transfer of tourists to the bus. The tour through the heart of the Chornobyl Zone continues with the visit to the ChNPP and the Pripyat town. The programme includes lunch in the ChNPP canteen.

How's that for different !/?

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I know that I won't actually do this, but I would actually enjoy one of the tours into the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone. Among the possible tours, I would probably choose the river tour in that you would get to see more of the wildlife now living in the exclusion zone as well as the reactor and Pripiat (the model city that supported the workers at Chenobyl).

The route goes through the national biosphere reserve, the city of Chornobyl with a visit to the flooded ships since the time of accident, and up the Pripyat riverbed along the cooling pond, right up to the big pumping station near the ChNPP, where is the transfer of tourists to the bus. The tour through the heart of the Chornobyl Zone continues with the visit to the ChNPP and the Pripyat town. The programme includes lunch in the ChNPP canteen.

How's that for different !/?

Definitely different. I don't know about this... LOL!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Two things left on my bucket list: Overwater bungalow, anywhere. China, preferably via or by some kind of water.

But I am always happy to go anywhere I've never been, and usually happy to go back to many of the places I've already been, esp. if it's been a few years, or we're staying someplace new.

I'm pretty easy to please that way.

#Ilovetravel #mybudgetwouldlikemetodolessofit

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Unless you know something I don't, I would suggest Arkansas could drop to the bottom of your list. I know some lovely people from there, but have trouble thinking of much else. We made a drive from Northern California to Little Rock a few too many times when I was a child, my dad was born there.
We are golfers so we want to go there to play golf.

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I went to Phuket last year. I recommend looking for some places to stay on www.digitalvillas.com. We wanted to stay close to the main beach and also the city cuz we did some research and found out how the taxi there works, they can rip you off...yep! We found a really nice and right place from the site. Andddd our next destinations are Bali and Vietnam!!!!! Can't wait!

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
Costa Rica, Croatia, Croatia, maybe Australia (but just like "b2bailey," not crazy about the flight time there). For places in the U.S., like "mpumilia," I would like to visit South Dakota and the national parks there (tentatively planning this for 2021).

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I'd enjoy a return to Italy because it's been decades since we toured there. Otherwise Croatia sounds appealing. We ticked off one on our list earlier this year when we went to Cuba, luckily taking a Roads Scholar tour right before the last round of travel restrictions.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
We are about to make our 4th trip Downunder in 10 years. Two weeks in Tasmania and one week in Melbourne. They are worth the long flight. You can break it up by flying Fiji Air. Do a week or two in Fiji and then continue on to New Zealand or Australia. You stop for a few hours in Fiji on the way back. Go downstairs and join the Club for day. Food, drinks, and hot showers.

Also sign up on the Fiji Air Wed Site. They run sales several times a year.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazon, Galapagos, Easter Island, Antartica, African Safari. Still waiting. Working on Kyoto, Korea, Mt. Fuji, Real Kobe beef, Taiwan now. Who knows what's next. Maybe just strolling the Malacon in Puerto Vallarta, and that ain't bad.

Jim

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
None... We don't believe in a bucket list. If a place sounds interesting at a particular point in time and we feel like we have to see it then we go. We are both fairly well travelled and while there are continents, countries and cities where we have not been to, we have no urge to go there.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Amazon, Galopagos, Easter Island, Antartica, African Safari. Still waiting. Working on Kyoto, Korea, Mt. Fuji, Real Kobe beef, Taiwan now. Who knows what's next. Maybe just strolling the Malacon in Puerto Vallarta, and that ain't bad.

Jim

Wow, JIM! Go for it!

Theiggy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Frenchman’s Cove
I have a long list..
Europe - I’ve never been, Italy is top which we may do in 2021, Spain and Greek islands.
Iceland- Northern lights.
Some national Parks in the US
Hawaii since we’ve been to many Caribbean islands already.
England, Ireland

So many more....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
South African safari. Unfortunately will probably stay on the list due to my husband's health.

PamMo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Antarctica, but Drake's Passage is intimidating. I get motion sickness standing on a dock.