• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Question about points when booking through Club Wyndham

bornitz

Reaction score
Hi,

When I look at the Wyndham web site today and see a unit available in Hawaii for 154k points during a specific week in November 2020, will it remain 154k points if I look again in January 2020 or is it likely to go up?

When I called, they said that the 2020-2021 directory is not available yet, so there's no way to know, although she didn't see a reason why it would change when I mentioned the resort name.

The reason it matters to me is because we only have 168k points every other year, and I deposit the week into TPI (which accepts deposits booked up to 10 months in advance) so we can get a bonus week, when depositing a premiere access resort. Booking/depositing November 2020 gives us the maximum flexibility based on when we like to travel.

Thanks so much!
Bonnie

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Hi,

When I look at the Wyndham web site today and see a unit available in Hawaii for 154k points during a specific week in November 2020, will it remain 154k points if I look again in January 2020 or is it likely to go up?

When I called, they said that the 2020-2021 directory is not available yet, so there's no way to know, although she didn't see a reason why it would change when I mentioned the resort name.

The reason it matters to me is because we only have 168k points every other year, and I deposit the week into TPI (which accepts deposits booked up to 10 months in advance) so we can get a bonus week, when depositing a premiere access resort. Booking/depositing November 2020 gives us the maximum flexibility based on when we like to travel.

Thanks so much!
Bonnie

The points are set and can never be raised. That specific unit type at that specific location will never be more than 154k. It can however be discounted at times by Wyndham and, of course, during the VIP discount windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bornitz

Reaction score
The points are set and can never be raised. That specific unit type at that specific location will never be more than 154k. It can however be discounted at times by Wyndham and, of course, during the VIP discount windows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you so much!

bobinmich

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
wyndham
Hi,

Thanks so much!
Bonnie

The points chart does NOT change......BUT.....the longer you wait, the less the availability of units... Bob

bornitz

Reaction score
The points chart does NOT change......BUT.....the longer you wait, the less the availability of units... Bob
That's why I'll keep an eye on it starting next month. I need to book no more than 10 months in advance, but if I start to see dates in November fill, I'll book October instead. Not everyone is depositing into TPI like I am, so I need to be aware of that. Thank you.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have ARP for that resort, which I'm not sure if you have, why would you not book at the earliest opportunity and just deposit into TPI when they will accept the deposit.?

bornitz

Reaction score
If you have ARP for that resort, which I'm not sure if you have, why would you not book at the earliest opportunity and just deposit into TPI when they will accept the deposit.?
The rep from Club Wyndham mentioned something about ARP and then said that TPI still wouldn't accept anything booked out more than 10 months in advance so it's not the day of deposit that needs to be 10 months out or less, but the date it's booked, which makes no sense to me and it was something that the Wyndham rep couldn't explain. Our home resort is Wyndham Waikiki Beach Resort and although it's no longer considered premiere access, I do have an email from TPI with a code to get the bonus week regardless. I will call TPI tomorrow morning and if they will accept a 12 month booking as a deposit, I'll call Wyndham again to confirm. Thank you.

Last edited:

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The same Wyndham rep that didn’t know if the points value of the room would change next year because the new guide wasn’t out yet??

I would not be very confident in any answer from that rep!

bornitz

Reaction score
The same Wyndham rep that didn’t know if the points value of the room would change next year because the new guide wasn’t out yet??

I would not be very confident in any answer from that rep!
You are absolutely correct. I just got off of the phone with TPI and they said this is all on Wyndham and that they would gladly accept a deposit even 2 years out! Why wouldn't they since it gives them more time to turn it around? I'm calling Wyndham first thing in the morning to ask EXACTLY what you mentioned. Thanks again!

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
That size unit for that date will not increase in price. Many, maybe most, resorts have seasons which can dramatically affect the price in points. This will be obvious as you delve into the directory.

One comparison that comes to mind -- 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek can vary from 231,000 to 424,000.

Last edited:

bornitz

Reaction score
That size unit for that date will not increase in price. Many, maybe most, resorts have seasons which can dramatically affect the price in points. This will be obvious as you delve into the director.

One comparison that comes to mind -- 4BR Presidential units at Bonnet Creek can vary from 231,000 to 424,000.
Thanks so much!

bornitz

Reaction score
Good Morning! Thank you all for answering my question regarding unit points. I finally received a straight answer from Wyndham regarding booking window. Our home resort (Waikiki Beachwalk) can be booked up to 13 months in advance and all other resorts up to 10 months in advance (as previously mentioned in this thread). This has nothing to do with TPI. However, Waikiki Beachwalk fell off the list of acceptable resorts which TPI accepts (both TPI and Wyndham are pointing fingers at each other regarding this) so I'll wait until January to see if that room at an acceptable premiere access resort is still available in November 2020. Thank you all again.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
As other said, the points charts for existing units will not change. However, a lot of resorts add towers or buildings. They can increase the amount of points needed for the new building but not the old. That’s sometimes why you might see multiple points charts for a resort. A two bedroom in one building maybe more points then a two bedroom in a different building at the same resort. Sometimes the difference could because of location of the room, square footage, or view, but sometimes it’s because it’s in a different building that may have been built at a later or earlier date.

bornitz

Reaction score
As other said, the points charts for existing units will not change. However, a lot of resorts add towers or buildings. They can increase the amount of points needed for the new building but not the old. That’s sometimes why you might see multiple points charts for a resort. A two bedroom in one building maybe more points then a two bedroom in a different building at the same resort. Sometimes the difference could because of location of the room, square footage, or view, but sometimes it’s because it’s in a different building that may have been built at a later or earlier date.
Thank you so much!