• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshares with unusual amenities

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently ran across a post in an older thread about Oyster Pointe and Oyster Bay in Sebastian Florida which apparently provides access to a boat for the week for around $100. (Sorry, don't know how to quote yet)

I was immediately intrigued and started planning a trip there. But it also got me wondering what other hidden gems are out there that offer unique or unusual amenities? Tracy

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Charter Club of Marco Island (I own there) has a great selection of recreational equipment that is completely free to use when you stay there, including several Hobie Cat sailboats, kayaks, paddleboards and bikes. In fact, they will even give you a free 1 hour lesson on a Hobie Cat!

Kurt

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Charter Club of Marco Island (I own there) has a great selection of recreational equipment that is completely free to use when you stay there, including several Hobie Cat sailboats, kayaks, paddleboards and bikes. In fact, they will even give you a free 1 hour lesson on a Hobie Cat!

Kurt
That sounds fantastic! Rental fees on those things really add up. Another one to add to my list to visit, thanks!

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
That sounds fantastic! Rental fees on those things really add up. Another one to add to my list to visit, thanks!
It is fantastic, but hard to get

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We own a week at Oyster BAY in Sebastian. This year will be our first time staying as owners.
Silentg

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Rams Horn Village resort has bikes for free use.

Some resorts charge for things like using a tennis court/equipment (ex: Smuggs) but others don't (ex. Innseason Pollard Brook)

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Little Sweden has bikes, nine holes of golf, even old sets of clubs and pull carts, and many other things for free. The Rushes has the bikes, plus in the summer row boats and all kinds of lake equipment for free.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Coronado Beach Resort has free bikes, and all kinds of beach gear - chairs, umbrellas, toys, skim boards, boogie boards, and wagons to haul to to the beach.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
A couple other freebies that I know of at HGVC resorts:
  • Free mini-golf course at Anderson Club in Myrtle Beach
  • Free "Quick Queue" passes for Orlando SeaWorld at the HGVC SeaWorld resort
  • Free use of sleds at Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge, CO (not a big thing, but nice as there is a great sledding hill in town)
Kurt

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Free bikes at Coronado Beach Club. Great for riding there and can go on the ferry to San Diego.

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Spinnaker on Hilton Head Island provides 2 bikes with each unit. These are the big tire bikes so you can use them on the beach. A nice perk since they give you an easy way to go back and forth to the beach as well as throughout the island trails.

dayooper

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: The Flamingo, The Boulevard
A couple other freebies that I know of at HGVC resorts:
  • Free mini-golf course at Anderson Club in Myrtle Beach
  • Free "Quick Queue" passes for Orlando SeaWorld at the HGVC SeaWorld resort
  • Free use of sleds at Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge, CO (not a big thing, but nice as there is a great sledding hill in town)
Kurt

There’s more too. We stayed at Ocean 22 (HGVC) and we had free passes to the mini gold across from Anderson, free multiple water park passes and a free day pass at The Grand Prix at The Broadway.

These may not be resort amenities, but we used them as such.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Hilton Clubs (W57, Residences, HCNY) in NYC offer lounge access with free breakfast all day beverages and evening appetizers with wine and beer. Only available to owners, their guests, and people who rent from owners on Redweek, TUG etc. No access for exchangers.

Also offers discount card to local restaurants and attractions which can save money in expensive NYC. This is available to all who stay there but you have to ask. Usually they try to offer you free $200 on this program to attend a presentation. Not required to get discount card, but we have accepted the offer on occassion to get $200 in free drinks and meals in expensive NYC.

Last edited:

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
At the Embarc resort in Palm Desert, the one bedroom units (all upstairs) have outdoor showers and really nice patios with fireplaces. (We haven't stayed in a two bedroom yet but I haven't noticed an outdoor shower when walking around the grounds).

mojave19

TUG Member
Reaction score
San Francisco Suites on Nob Hill is a unique timeshare, actually self described as a “City Share.” It has only fifteen units stacked on four levels reached by a tiny elevator that itself is a work of Old Master art. On the rooftop is an enclosed gazebo (sometimes it gets windy or foggy up there!) with a table and chairs that overlook the beautiful City by the Bay. Each unit is filled with Edwardian antique furniture (it began as a place for a couple guys who were fanatic collectors of Edwardians to put all their stuff!) and old maps and other Old World wall hangings. A calligrapher hand prints your last name and places it (e.g. “Smith Suite”) in the brass slot by your unit door. There’s an impressive crystal chandelier in each corner unit near the bay window that overlooks the busy intersection below. I awake each morning about 6:15 to the sound of the underground cables outside warming up, and in about ten minutes or so I hear the “Ching-Ching, Ching-Ching” of the cable cars going up and down steep Powell Avenue —pure white noise to me! A copy of the day’s San Francisco Chronicle newspaper is slipped under my door. As one who quit print newspaper subscriptions for digital news many years ago, sitting on the wrap around couch at the bay window with a cup of tea and flipping the pages of the newspaper is wonderfully nostalgic, and a special pure pleasure is reading a full two pages of comic strips again. A maid comes in once a day to do my dishes (the kitchen has no dishwashing machine, but btw, bears a special faucet with on demand hot water for my tea at anytime), and she quickly does other light tidying. As someone who hates time spent in housekeeping, this is pure decadence. She also puts more chocolates (oh no!) in the refrigerator as well as replaces other snacks and drinks I may have consumed. At 4:30 pm each day the “house gentleman” places some nice California wines, cheeses, crackers, and jalepeno jelly—all set in crystal dishes and glasses—in the parlor on the first level and the small circle of guests have a lovely time chatting with each other. They are typically people on very interesting life paths from across the US and Western Europe. Late in the evening a sherry nightcap is available in the other sitting room and the talk is softer. This small but so classy place is not a resort and nobody would EVER approach you about buying anything or going to a “presentation.” There are over a hundred great things to do in San Francisco and also within a hour’s drive there is the other-worldly John Muir Redwood Forest or in the opposite direction the Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, and great beaches are all around, but as person with a hectic, highly demanding job, just spending a day or two of rest being pampered and watching the world below go by from that bay window at the San Francisco Suites is all very, very fine with me.

Larry M

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lots of places with free bikes and mini-golf, including my unit at Edisto Island, SC.

But the absolutely most unique offering I ever saw was a week at Cypress Cove Resort in Kissimmee, FL. I missed it. I scoured DAE regularly for months looking for a repeat and never saw one.
https://www.cypresscoveresort.com/

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the Embarc resort in Palm Desert, the one bedroom units (all upstairs) have outdoor showers and really nice patios with fireplaces. (We haven't stayed in a two bedroom yet but I haven't noticed an outdoor shower when walking around the grounds).
The 2-bedrooms, at least the older ones, have them as well. They're just well-hidden. We booked a 2-bedroom back in 2010 and it had one.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The 2-bedrooms, at least the older ones, have them as well. They're just well-hidden. We booked a 2-bedroom back in 2010 and it had one.
Good to know. We are staying in a 2 bed next year and that feature is one of my favorites!

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bluegreen odyssey in wisc dells comes with four passes to Mount Olympus water and theme park.

bobby

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had ski lift discounts at Angel Fire, NM and Mittersill Inn, (Cannon Mt, NH). I'm not sure if they still do this or exclude holidays.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge offers rooms the overlook Savannahs populated by African wildlife. In other areas of the grounds, there are animal exhibits staffed by scientists or animal handlers who work with those animals back in Africa. There’s also a night viewing area and staff hands out night vision goggles.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
San Francisco Suites on Nob Hill is a unique timeshare, actually self described as a “City Share.” It has only fifteen units stacked on four levels reached by a tiny elevator that itself is a work of Old Master art. On the rooftop is an enclosed gazebo (sometimes it gets windy or foggy up there!) with a table and chairs that overlook the beautiful City by the Bay. Each unit is filled with Edwardian antique furniture (it began as a place for a couple guys who were fanatic collectors of Edwardians to put all their stuff!) and old maps and other Old World wall hangings. A calligrapher hand prints your last name and places it (e.g. “Smith Suite”) in the brass slot by your unit door. There’s an impressive crystal chandelier in each corner unit near the bay window that overlooks the busy intersection below. I awake each morning about 6:15 to the sound of the underground cables outside warming up, and in about ten minutes or so I hear the “Ching-Ching, Ching-Ching” of the cable cars going up and down steep Powell Avenue —pure white noise to me! A copy of the day’s San Francisco Chronicle newspaper is slipped under my door. As one who quit print newspaper subscriptions for digital news many years ago, sitting on the wrap around couch at the bay window with a cup of tea and flipping the pages of the newspaper is wonderfully nostalgic, and a special pure pleasure is reading a full two pages of comic strips again. A maid comes in once a day to do my dishes (the kitchen has no dishwashing machine, but btw, bears a special faucet with on demand hot water for my tea at anytime), and she quickly does other light tidying. As someone who hates time spent in housekeeping, this is pure decadence. She also puts more chocolates (oh no!) in the refrigerator as well as replaces other snacks and drinks I may have consumed. At 4:30 pm each day the “house gentleman” places some nice California wines, cheeses, crackers, and jalepeno jelly—all set in crystal dishes and glasses—in the parlor on the first level and the small circle of guests have a lovely time chatting with each other. They are typically people on very interesting life paths from across the US and Western Europe. Late in the evening a sherry nightcap is available in the other sitting room and the talk is softer. This small but so classy place is not a resort and nobody would EVER approach you about buying anything or going to a “presentation.” There are over a hundred great things to do in San Francisco and also within a hour’s drive there is the other-worldly John Muir Redwood Forest or in the opposite direction the Napa and Sonoma Wine Country, and great beaches are all around, but as person with a hectic, highly demanding job, just spending a day or two of rest being pampered and watching the world below go by from that bay window at the San Francisco Suites is all very, very fine with me.
Sounds heavenly! Do the weeks trade? How does one stay here?