• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Movers stole my Snow shoes (Oops, found them!)

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
@mpumilia

I know that I would feel violated under your circumstances. I am shutting down an office building in the near future and will be moving equipment, furniture, and art into storage. I know that I would be very upset if something went missing. However, I would count my blessings at this time. You did well on your recent operation. The poles are easily replaced. If the loss of your poles is the greatest tragedy of the day, we are in great shape. I get so angry when something is missing. However, the anger only makes things worse. That is why I resort to counting my blessings when I feel violated. Hope that the rest of your move is without additional complications.

LOL! I have the poles- it's the shoes that went missing. Now we are wondering what else is missing as we are living surrounded by boxes and we are not really "living" just existing, so we have not been using/enjoying/ working with what we normally would.

Yes. I try to be thankful every day. But I stray sometimes.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Ditto...Also their price was right...

George

I just clicked on a 2 Movers Facebook link last night and got a lot of calls, texts and emails with quotes from different companies. I thought I made a mistake and it was a scam. I did speak with one. The cost to move to NH was the same as it cost to move here- 25 miles away! Half what I thought it would be.

That said. I will call carriers like Allied and some of those big names as well.

Really- the company we used- everything seemed great until now. They did a good job, worked so hard. The owners were nice to deal with. Just this issue- so far- anyway.

I wrote that in my online review along with this issue.

Last edited:

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
LOL! I have the poles- it's the shoes that went missing. Now we are wondering what else is missing as we are living surrounded by boxes and we are not really "living" just existing, so we have not been using/enjoying/ working with what we normally would.

Yes. I try to be thankful every day. But I stray sometimes.
I know the feeling. After my husband passed and I moved to an apartment, as our house was sold before he passed, I left mosts things packed in boxes in a large storage closet.

Once I moved from there and opened every box I realized my barbie dolls from childhood were gone and my high school yearbook packed in the same box. I was so upset and sad at the time for a moment but let go of it because it was only physical things.

Occasionally I think of my missing/stolen treasures but ultimately I always think if someone was so desperate to steal them maybe they needed them more then me. I hope some child somewhere got joy playing with my barbie dolls.

I know how upset you feel but it can be replaced in time.

As far as you current living situation it is temporary, you are almost at the finish line. I believe once you see your new home in person, the excitement of moving will be back with no regrets.

DRIless

Reaction score
Mary Ann, I wasn't there. But I spent many years moving people's goods. Look at your inventory. See if they are listed. See if you signed for them. I can say with absolute certainty, that your movers do not jeopardize their job for a pair of used $150 snowshoes. If you signed for them, keep looking. Or find another culprit with more to gain and less to lose.IJim
Yes they will, yes they do! My last move paid for by my employer years ago, a CD play was on the inventory, I saw it come into the house on delivery and it was checked off never to be seen again. In the front door and out the back door into one of their vehicles, no proof but no question about it.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had snowshoes at my parents house. Had not used them in years as I was never there in winter. They go to my sisters house so she and husband can use them. They do not use them and sell them cheap. I found out months later. In February I will be going back there but will not have snowshoes.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Yes they will, yes they do! My last move paid for by my employer years ago, a CD play was on the inventory, I saw it come into the house on delivery and it was checked off never to be seen again. In the front door and out the back door into one of their vehicles, no proof but no question about it.
I think taking a CD player is more likely to happen than a pair of used, particular size, snow boots.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I think taking a CD player is more likely to happen than a pair of used, particular size, snow boots.

Snow shoes. TUBBS.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maybe you will find them when you are looking for something else?

Unfortunately, I rather doubt it. Really- I have been through moving those boxes around, as has my husband for almost two months and I would have come across them.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Sorry. I did read snow shoes, but somehow in my mind it got translated to snow boots.

I am going to bring my good snow boots up, though, and my KREI poles and a walking stick. Rent snowshoes if needed.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't see how every single thing can be inventoried. It is probably even hard to accurately count the number of boxes. Moving crews know some items won't be missed for months, so they can get away with lots.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I have 2 pairs of ice skates that were moved here from Indiana... that was about
30 years ago. I guess the movers didn't have much use for 'em, here in Florida. :ponder:
...Nor do I...

Last edited:

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Good to rent shoes for your current trip. We say "the house ate it" when something goes missing for no reason; sometimes things show up, sometimes they don't. I played "The Match Game" with a brown wrought iron drapery tie back. Bought it for our sliding door, then found that our draperies stacked back out of the way just fine without it. When I thought about listing it on eBay I couldn't find it. When looking for something else, it would turn up and I'd say "I'll remember where it is now". Nope. Finally one day when it rematerialized, I imposed on Cliff to take it downstairs and set it on my office chair. This was when we were still working, and shortly after it went downstairs I had a new custom iron order to place for my customer, and I thought to ask if I could return the non-custom tieback. 15% restocking fee, done!

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
For these reasons I would do the moves myself. Current projected move is about a half mile if we ever start building.
Matter of fact for these reasons I prefer to do stuff myself. But a lot of time the cost of tools prevent it.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Good to rent shoes for your current trip. We say "the house ate it" when something goes missing for no reason; sometimes things show up, sometimes they don't. I played "The Match Game" with a brown wrought iron drapery tie back. Bought it for our sliding door, then found that our draperies stacked back out of the way just fine without it. When I thought about listing it on eBay I couldn't find it. When looking for something else, it would turn up and I'd say "I'll remember where it is now". Nope. Finally one day when it rematerialized, I imposed on Cliff to take it downstairs and set it on my office chair. This was when we were still working, and shortly after it went downstairs I had a new custom iron order to place for my customer, and I thought to ask if I could return the non-custom tieback. 15% restocking fee, done!

Well, the house ate a box of Mexican paper and bamboo/straw Christmas garland between last year and this. Last year I just put up my 4-foot (we have a squat table to set it on bringing it up to 7') "theme" tree and my Mexican ornaments and garlands. This year I'm back to the big tree, with the idea of seeing what else I can downsize. I wasn't even going to use the paper garlands, because I use bead garlands on the big tree, but noticed the paper garlands were missing. We have both scoured the basement, even though all the Christmas crap is put together in one spot. Box is simply nowhere to be found. If we'd moved this year I would have blamed the movers; as it is I haven't given up hope that it isn't sitting in a corner giggling as it watches us hunt for it. Can't imagine why it is missing. On the upside, I was able once again to point out to Cliff that he has boxes and boxes and boxes of "weird wire stuff" that can certainly be winnowed down (or thrown away). If we aren't using it in this house, no way we need it in a two bedroom apartment. For all his wanting to get moved sooner rather than later, I'm the only one working on the downsizing project.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Well, the house ate a box of Mexican paper and bamboo/straw Christmas garland between last year and this. Last year I just put up my 4-foot (we have a squat table to set it on bringing it up to 7') "theme" tree and my Mexican ornaments and garlands. This year I'm back to the big tree, with the idea of seeing what else I can downsize. I wasn't even going to use the paper garlands, because I use bead garlands on the big tree, but noticed the paper garlands were missing. We have both scoured the basement, even though all the Christmas crap is put together in one spot. Box is simply nowhere to be found. If we'd moved this year I would have blamed the movers; as it is I haven't given up hope that it isn't sitting in a corner giggling as it watches us hunt for it. Can't imagine why it is missing. On the upside, I was able once again to point out to Cliff that he has boxes and boxes and boxes of "weird wire stuff" that can certainly be winnowed down (or thrown away). If we aren't using it in this house, no way we need it in a two bedroom apartment. For all his wanting to get moved sooner rather than later, I'm the only one working on the downsizing project.

That's weird, but it might have somehow gotten thrown out last year in error or it is stuffed into another box for some reason. Or- t is camouflaged around other boxes.

My snowshoes I absolutely know where I put them- right up front of the garage- for the movers to take and they were not in a box either. They could they fit in the boxes we used for moving due to the small, square size of the boxes.

We already did major downsizing before we moved and we were never hoarders anyway- at least I wasn't. And in the house we are living in right now everything is organized and neat. The snowshoes can't hide anywhere.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
Did you mention to the movers that the snowshoes were part of the move and were placed outside the garage?

Richard

Last edited:

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Did you check with the people who bought your house to see if they were still there...

George

Yes and, as I knew- they are not. I was the last one out and I inspected every room and the garage.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Did you mention to??? the movers that the snowshoes were part of the move and were placed outside the garage?

Richard

They were inside the garage- just right in front of everything else in plain view

No matter now. They are gone. Ironically, it rained yesterday in VT and no snow! LOL!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I would definitely follow-up with your renter's insurance--let them slog it out with the moving company and pay for your new snow shoes! Definitely at least worth a phone call--
Amy

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I would definitely follow-up with your renter's insurance--let them slog it out with the moving company and pay for your new snow shoes! Definitely at least worth a phone call--
Amy

I have to check but my husband says we have a deductible so it would not be worth it for a small amount claim.

On a good note, even after posting a not so great review of the moving company, they did call today to say they asked the workers about it but no one could remember (of course not) since it was so long ago. Since I am somewhat over it I did tell her that we will be calling for an estimate in January for our move to NH. Give them another try, though they sub out for an out of state move. She seemed happy with that. I told her then her husband can see where the boxes all are- the ones his workers stacked- and maybe he can find the snowshoes. LOL!