• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

KAUAI Beach Club Rain??

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Just booked a week at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club in July 2020. I am hearing that this island is the one that receives the most rainfall, especially North part of the Island, not so much the South. Does anyone know how the rain is on the East side, where the Beach Club is? Any experience from Owners who have gone there during the summertime?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
It's Hawaii. There is always a chance of rain no matter what time of year. Rain should be less in the summer, but that doesn't always hold true. But normally the rain is brief, doesn't interfere with anything. If it's an unusual storm it might last longer than usual. I do remember being on Kauai years ago, think it might have been late October, and we got stranded for a few hours due to flooding. We just holed up in a bar/restaurant with other people to ride it out. It was actually quite a lot of fun.

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
It's Hawaii. There is always a chance of rain no matter what time of year. Rain should be less in the summer, but that doesn't always hold true. But normally the rain is brief, doesn't interfere with anything. If it's an unusual storm it might last longer than usual. I do remember being on Kauai years ago, think it might have been late October, and we got stranded for a few hours due to flooding. We just holed up in a bar/restaurant with other people to ride it out. It was actually quite a lot of fun.

The best time we ever had in Cancun was when a tropical storm came through and the resort just brought everything inside the open-air lobby. It was crazy fun.

A rainy day in paradise is still in paradise, though I understand not wanting to get a whole trip washed out when Hawaii is so dang far away.

NboroGirl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Don't worry about rain. KBC is not on the rainy part of the island. Do expect lots of big puffy clouds, not clear blue skies every day. During our week in September we had one half day of rain. A good piece of advice we received is book things like boat tours or helicopter rides early in the week in case they need to be rescheduled because of weather.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We went to Kauai to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary in July (a while back). We spent half of our vacation on the North Shore, and the second half on the South Shore. And wouldn't you know it we had rain almost the entire time that we were there. But it was only heavy rain one day. The rest of the time it was off and on. I'm pretty sure that we had an unusual amount of rain for the time of year that we were there. You'll be at a beautiful resort on a beautiful island and you'll have a great time.

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been going to Kauai for 20 years. We have been there during every season of the year. While sunny weather is our favorite, rain never has stopped us. When we were there in July/August the weather was gorgeous. We had one day of overcast weather but the clouds burned away by afternoon. As has been stated unless there is a big storm system moving through it usually doesn’t rain on the entire island at the same time. Look at the weather app and find the sunny area of the island. It doesn’t rain as much in the Koloa/Poipu area. I had a local once tell me that the word poipu means “hole in the sky” and that is why it’s usually sunny there. I’ve since learned there are a couple of meanings: 1. crashing waves, 2. to cover entirely, like a blanket of clouds.

One last thought. There is an ethereal beauty to the green hills and mountains when they are shrouded in clouds. Don’t fret over the weather and have a wonderful time! Aloha

AKC3333

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Desert Springs Villas I
Thank you all!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
The trick with Kauai is if it's rainy in the south, head north. If it's rainy in the north, head south. Easy. :)

Rain is what keeps Hawaii green, and those flowers in bloom. You'll be fine.

Dave

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
how is the weather at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club in December? We got a week 51 exchange.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
There is really no way to accurately predict the rain on Kaua'i for December 2020. You can look at historical averages on line. The worse rain storm to hit Kauai (mainly in the North) in over a hundred years was in April a couple years ago.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
You cannot have a rainbow without a little rain. :p

Chrispee

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
how is the weather at the Marriott Kauai Beach Club in December? We got a week 51 exchange.

I’m at KBC right now. To illustrate what everybody else is saying; week 51 was stormy and raining, week 52 is beautiful and sunny... pretty hard to predict more than 10 days out!